• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Happy New Year, you goofy goobers. Wishing the best for y'all and hope that this year's a good one. 👍

I spent my New Year's Eve watching Raiders of the Lost Ark with the family. Still a super fun movie all these years later.
Yoooo! Raiders Of The Lost Ark, love that movie.

My favourite part is when that swordsmen tries to attack Indiana Jones but he just has enough and takes him down with a gun.
I remember first knowing about the movie through the NDS version of the first LEGO Indiana Jones game, and when I got to see the movie I kept wondering how the scene would play out in live action (since in the game it was a whole boss battle)... Needless to say the actual thing turned out to be really hilarious.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm probably not going to stay up for the New Year celebration.

Having a full shift tomorrow starting morning is one reason.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think my biggest disappointment of 2023 was not putting myself out there as much as I was hoping. I really want to start meeting people and using Dating Websites more, but I always end up getting nervous at the last moment.

I think my biggest success this year was having better mental health. I've been able to exercise more often (haven't lost much weight, but I'm feeling much more energetic) and saving more money. I'm still very shy, but it's been really cool to have met so many cool people this year within the Hobbies that I enjoy and Commissioning Artwork.

Dark Witch Maryse

Class of 1979
Premium
明けましておめでとう! 今年もよろしくお願いします.
(That says happy new year and that I look forward to your continued good will in the coming year!)

My allegiance may be with the profile post gang nowadays, but I'm here to wish y'all a blessed 2024! :bowser:

My 2023 went okay. I scored the :ultpyra::ultmythra: amiibo for my 62nd birthday way back in august, and it wasn't surprising to me that they'd be so rare and expensive. My christmas went okay. My foster mother decided to put up the tree at the last possible moment and I didn't get much, just the super mario bros. movie and street fighter 30th anniversary collection. About that mario movie...I confess that I never saw it in theaters, probably because I'm so used to staying at home. I mean, I've had social anxiety for the past 55 years. Other than my girl :ultpeach:, I liked how they had quite the collection of nintendo references, especially pauline in the newsreel at the beginning. Even :ultdiddy: making a cameo appearance put a smile on my face. To me, the peaches ballad was...not too bad.

Oh, and pauline being playable in mario kart 8 deluxe was a fun surprise. Now, peachette, on the other hand...just uh-uh. Sorry, but...

As for my new years resolution(s)? I plan on learning a new fighters series...street fighter, that is. It was in 1996 (or was it 1997?) I saw a street fighter 2 arcade cabinet at a laundromat which was walking distance away from where I stayed with my adoptive parents and some of their nephews owned it. Me and my foster siblings owned it for a while in 1999-2002, and I haven't played it since. Now, I did get the 30th anniversary collection over the holidays, but I'm so nervous about playing for the first time. Other than that, I will be saving for a ps5 and get tekken 8 and street fighter 6. I hope there's a new soulcalibur down the line, but until then, tekken and street fighter will keep me occupied. I particularly like marisa's character design in sf6, so I might main her. ****, I might even give :ultryu: and :ultken: a try in smash ultimate.

With that out of the way, I pray y'all's 2024 goes swimmingly, whether it's you graduating from school, getting a new car/house/girlfriend, taking up a new hobby, et cetera and like that, or enjoying whatever new video games or movies or what have you that come out. And never forget, y'all serve a great God who's gonna look out for you in your life every step of the way.

Hey look, I'm using contractions again! Talking like starfire was getting boring anyway. :bowser:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!!

Another year of movies to definitely look forward too!

The Beekeeper, Kung Fu Panda 4, Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, The Fall Guy, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, Bad Boys 4, A Quiet Place: Day One, Deadpool 3, Joker 2, Gladiator 2 and Sonic 3

All the ones I'm interested in seeing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hop back into Smash for the first time in awhile, and my god I got cooked. This is my punishment for not playing nonstop

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I own this creature now
View attachment 382330
We all own him now.
Just a reminder, you're Mickey doesn't have to look exactly like Steamboat mickey to qualify as public domain. You can also get away with it if he doesn't look a significant amount like any design disney still holds copyright over. So redesign the mouse!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I own this creature now
View attachment 382330
We all own him now.
Does that mean. By extention. Minnie Mouse is free too?
If so. Ill be making a very minnie mouse like oc soon
Just a reminder, you're Mickey doesn't have to look exactly like Steamboat mickey to qualify as public domain. You can also get away with it if he doesn't look a significant amount like any design disney still holds copyright over. So redesign the mouse!
LETS GO

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
2023 has been a rough year for me.

And honestly, 2024 is probably just going to bring more hardships. I was hoping for a quiet year where I could just focus on transition and improving my finances, but there's stuff going on in my sister's life that I'm getting dragged into...

But hey, at least I'm in therapy now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 382331
Time to think up **** while I sleep
Also, had to double check, I think Horace and Clarabelle should be good too but it's a little murky on that one. There's a difference between what a historian and a lawyer would each call their first appearances because of almost identical non-bipedal horses and cows in early shorts and their names were rarely said on screen or in billing so like when did they really become them in a legal sense... what I'm saying is it's complicated and you'd probably be better off waiting to use them until next year when they both for sure enter public domain (along with Popeye the Sailor fun fact).

Shroob

Sup?
Are you going to have to wait for Pecharunt then?
Meant to get to this last night but no one responded.

Afaik you don't need Pecharunt atm since you can't actually put Pecharunt in HOME even if you hack in the event. After the event officially goes live then you'll 100% need it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Happy New Year everyone!

idk what else to say but I hope everyone has a good 2024!

also Project Voltage released another supporting artwork for New Year’s Eve, made by fuzichoco and ft. Steel-type Miku with Bronzong, Galarian Meowth, and Spiritomb:

Top Bottom