• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
no idea who Frieren is and I can assure you that I 100% will not play gacha games for they are boring and I am broke.

Me looking at the the used section of my shopping tab
View attachment 382480
I need to know how good that is, my local gaming store has Octopath 1 for 50 euros secondhand. Might as well wait for a steam sale for that, but hey, it's not a Nintendo game so I have a decent chance of getting it for a better price should I so desire

Shroob

Sup?
no idea who Frieren is and I can assure you that I 100% will not play gacha games for they are boring and I am broke.

Me looking at the the used section of my shopping tab
View attachment 382480
It's the new popular anime going around about a granny elf who just kinda, does whatever she wants.
Nah, I'm Xenoblade trash and even I don't stoop that low. Mighty will be 'ight.

Why's it gotta be Frieren tho?
Idk first newer anime that came to mind lol.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Remeber, Big Daters invented girls so that us men can consume their dating applications. The lore we swipe, the more our testosterone declines until we produce hormones that makes us ladies, aka puppets of Big Daters. Stay woke, brothers.
Maybe dating apps are worth it after all

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Seems like YouTube wants to recommend me every single upload of Steamboat Willie that's been made this week.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just had a dream with the characters from Back at the Barnyard running around screaming things like “why are we still here” and “why can’t we just die” and honestly the idea of Back at the Barnyard lasting long enough that the characters in the show start questioning their own existence and craving death is hilarious in the waking world.

Unless they’re real, no. Real and trapped in my head, no. GET OUT OF MY HEAD FETT!

Jotadé

Smash Ace
My little cousins went to give me a surprise visit to my house.

They told me they got Super Mario RPG and are loving It, and also they have been playing some Spider-Man 2 missions on my PS5 and were very cool with the non-binary character, both of which made me really happy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm about to finish Donbrothers and while I liked it a lot overall, I felt like there were some places where it could've been better:

For starters, I really liked the cast. Tarou was not a relatable character at almost any point but he makes it by being both hilarious and cool - and I liked how he didn't have to start acting "more human". Actually, everyone being extremely dysfunctional was a lot of fun and made them as interesting as regular people becoming superheroes... but it also creates the problem that Donbrothers never quite feels like a proper team. With Inuzuka taking forever to truly join them, Kijino being openly antagonistic for a good portion of the story and Jirou being the friend nobody likes, they basically remained a team of convenience until the end. This works in comedic parts but makes the story harder to care about.

And speaking of story, it was pretty messy. There were way too many factions to keep track of and characters kept appearing and disappearing for no good reason and the whole drama with Natsumi/Miho dragged on for way too long in my opinion. I think it says a lot that Sonoi's group felt like the most cohesive part of the plot even though I didn't care about them much at the start.

Also, using previous seasons as a basis for the monsters of the week is a cool idea on paper but I kinda found them boring. Maybe because I'm not familiar with most of the references but the Jamenshi in Kiramagers were a lot more memorable.

...with all this criticism, it sounds like I hate it but in general, I just wish the writing was a bit more focused. The humor was consistently entertaining and I liked the variety of fight scenes between established characters. Maybe the last three episodes change my mind but either way, I don't regret watching this season.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm about to finish Donbrothers and while I liked it a lot overall, I felt like there were some places where it could've been better:

For starters, I really liked the cast. Tarou was not a relatable character at almost any point but he makes it by being both hilarious and cool - and I liked how he didn't have to start acting "more human". Actually, everyone being extremely dysfunctional was a lot of fun and made them as interesting as regular people becoming superheroes... but it also creates the problem that Donbrothers never quite feels like a proper team. With Inuzuka taking forever to truly join them, Kijino being openly antagonistic for a good portion of the story and Jirou being the friend nobody likes, they basically remained a team of convenience until the end. This works in comedic parts but makes the story harder to care about.

And speaking of story, it was pretty messy. There were way too many factions to keep track of and characters kept appearing and disappearing for no good reason and the whole drama with Natsumi/Miho dragged on for way too long in my opinion. I think it says a lot that Sonoi's group felt like the most cohesive part of the plot even though I didn't care about them much at the start.

Also, using previous seasons as a basis for the monsters of the week is a cool idea on paper but I kinda found them boring. Maybe because I'm not familiar with most of the references but the Jamenshi in Kiramagers were a lot more memorable.

...with all this criticism, it sounds like I hate it but in general, I just wish the writing was a bit more focused. The humor was consistently entertaining and I liked the variety of fight scenes between established characters. Maybe the last three episodes change my mind but either way, I don't regret watching this season.
Yeah Donbrothers kinda had that going for it, especially with the decision to simply have more episodic fun stuff instead of more story focus with the justification of 'well ratings usually slump around this time of year' but I found it worth it as I've always prefered it when Sentai is more character driven. Glad you still enjoyed it though! If you want, I can give you some recommendations for what Sentai to see next, some nice selfcontained stuff sounds best for you though

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think I'm gonna take a year long break from Pokémon after Pecharunt drops, or at least until the next game comes out.
I think I've burnt myself out from all the Pokémon I played this month and I kinda want to play more games

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah Donbrothers kinda had that going for it, especially with the decision to simply have more episodic fun stuff instead of more story focus with the justification of 'well ratings usually slump around this time of year' but I found it worth it as I've always prefered it when Sentai is more character driven. Glad you still enjoyed it though! If you want, I can give you some recommendations for what Sentai to see next, some nice selfcontained stuff sounds best for you though
Thanks, I'll appreciate it!

So far, I have a few in mind but not sure which one I'll try out first. King-ohger seems fun but I'm also curious about Kyuranger. Gokaiger seems fun but that seems another show heavy on referencing previous Sentai shows so I thought I'd take a break from that after Donbrothers.

I also enjoyed Kiramaiger's magical setting but I don't know if any season other than Magiranger has something similar.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thanks, I'll appreciate it!

So far, I have a few in mind but not sure which one I'll try out first. King-ohger seems fun but I'm also curious about Kyuranger. Gokaiger seems fun but that seems another show heavy on referencing previous Sentai shows so I thought I'd take a break from that after Donbrothers.

I also enjoyed Kiramaiger's magical setting but I don't know if any season other than Magiranger has something similar.
I haven't been keeping up with KingOhger but it's certainly more focused on story while also being pretty popular with the Gays, Kyuranger has a rough start due to the red's obnoxious attitude but if you can sit through the first like, 10 episodes no problem and accept that not every character's gonna get focus due to the stupidly large cast, you'll probably enjoy it. Gokaiger though? It's good, but a lot of it is just celebrating the series with all the cameos of past rangers so while you'll be given a lot more context than anything Donbrothers did, you're at the wrong place if you want more original stuff. While it's not exactly a fantastical setting, may I recommend Dekaranger? It's a fan favourite for good reason and stands out very well due to it's unique quirks, especially when it plays up the cop show angle. ToQGer might be perfect though if you want full on unadulterated whimsical joy, it has it's serious moments sure, but it's still really good and has my personal favourite pink in the series and the Least Heterosexual 6th ranger I have ever seen

osby

Smash Obsessed
I haven't been keeping up with KingOhger but it's certainly more focused on story while also being pretty popular with the Gays, Kyuranger has a rough start due to the red's obnoxious attitude but if you can sit through the first like, 10 episodes no problem and accept that not every character's gonna get focus due to the stupidly large cast, you'll probably enjoy it. Gokaiger though? It's good, but a lot of it is just celebrating the series with all the cameos of past rangers so while you'll be given a lot more context than anything Donbrothers did, you're at the wrong place if you want more original stuff. While it's not exactly a fantastical setting, may I recommend Dekaranger? It's a fan favourite for good reason and stands out very well due to it's unique quirks, especially when it plays up the cop show angle. ToQGer might be perfect though if you want full on unadulterated whimsical joy, it has it's serious moments sure, but it's still really good and has my personal favourite pink in the series and the Least Heterosexual 6th ranger I have ever seen
I think that gives me a pretty good idea about what to go for next, thanks!

I'll probably give KingOhger a go next, then check out either Dekaranger or Kyuranger depending on my mood. Funny you mentioned ToQger because it was actually on my list to start watching Super Sentai with lol.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If I decide to go back to MultiVersus when it returns, I wish for an option that would allow me to buy the whole roster in one transaction and at a reasonable price.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Today I learned that you can't trade the event shiny Galar Dogs/Birds in Home - even through friend trade - because they're flagged as shiny locked.

Gaaaaaaaaamefreeeeeeeak

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Alphine Agnitio Alphine Agnitio yo yo yo, bird question. Are these yoys safe for my mummys bird or should we take them out?View attachment 382490
its been a minute but from what I remember no not really, its way too easy for the birds claws to get stuck in the fibers and they WILL chew their legs themselves it if happens

I think the fibers of this toy themselves is also harmful if they ingest it? not sure, I just remember we used some wrapping to cover it so they would stop trying to chew on it

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Thinking about the time we watched the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy as a family and when I asked my mom whether it held up as an adaptation (that was before I read the books), she said it was as good as it can get but Aragorn should've been hotter.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
its been a minute but from what I remember no not really, its way too easy for the birds claws to get stuck in the fibers and they WILL chew their legs themselves it if happens

I think the fibers of this toy themselves is also harmful if they ingest it? not sure, I just remember we used some wrapping to cover it so they would stop trying to chew on it
Oof, got it, ill tell my mom

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We all go through it.
I never went through it due to not knowing Persona until Smash…I am an outsider
Who needs P5R when. The far better P4G exsist
ngl I’d much rather chase after P5R/S/T and P3P/R before P4G…not that it isn’t good, but the 5 and 3 gangs did better things for me
Wake up everyone, Kino Girl and Peak Dinosaur Season 2 got a trailer:
Peak Marvel on a Disney channel

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Currently reading through Sakamoto Days.

And I thought the way Batman handled his no-killing rule was too brutal. I clearly didn’t know how far you could take

IMG_7634.jpeg

IMG_7636.jpeg
IMG_7637.jpeg
IMG_7638.jpeg

It’s good. Go read it. Right now. :076: Or else he’ll do that to you!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Game Boy and Game Boy Advance on NSO is soon going to turn a year old and Nintendo has really been slacking on adding titles to them since then.

Last time I checked, both systems had massive libraries.

Top Bottom