• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think I'm gonna be young at heart for as long as I can be.

I just don't understand why people pretend/act that they're still teenagers, let alone want to go back to their teenage years. I'm sure as hell glad I'm past that stage.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think I'm gonna be young at heart for as long as I can be.

I just don't understand why people pretend/act that they're still teenagers, let alone want to go back to their teenage years. I'm sure as hell glad I'm past that stage.
Less responsibilities
Less physical pain
More freedom

Kinda the same reason people go thru midlife crisis.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Less responsibilities
Less physical pain
More freedom

Kinda the same reason people go thru midlife crisis.
First one yes
Second one depends on the person. People who took better care of themselves when they were young tend to not have that when their older.
Third one hell no, you're grown the only thing that can tell you no is the Law.

Also I simply wouldn't have a midlife crisis.

Maryse

Street Fighter Scrub
Premium
Y'all got a minute...or five? :bowser:

It appears that my foster grandmother has passed away at the start of this new year. She was born March of 1938 and had quite a few children. They lived in a quiet neighborhood in fairmont, west virginia since circa 1968. Now, I was born in that same town as well, but me and my real immediate family--may they rest in peace--moved to around the atlanta area in early 1964 and I've lived there since then. Some of my aunts and uncles lived in fairmont and knew my step-grandma quite well and introduced me to her. From there, me and her family had a close relationship.

Fast forward to the summer of 1990...the last few members of my de facto family passed away. That's when I was taken in by one of my step-grandma's daughters (b. 1964-present). I have no ability to live alone, I can't socialize very well. Enough about my troubled past, back to my "grandma"...

She was quite sociable, was quite popular in that small town of fairmont, she loved going to church. She was cheerful giver, too. Loved watching game shows, especially family feud, too. And don't get me started on how she loved watching comedians such as steve harvey and them. I spent several of my summers in west virginia with her family back in the days, but not so much in more recent times. In fact, my last visit was in spring of 2015.

She was married once, but he passed away in the late 1970s. She married another man after that time (b. 1939 - d. 2015). That man was a war veteran and was quite the handiman. Oh, and he owned three dogs over the years, one of which I eventually warmed up to, but I digress.

She does visit us here in georgia every now and then. One of her other daughters (b. 1958-present) is actively caring for her in more recent years. The house she's stayed in for all those years was and still is in need of renovation.

Just this afternoon, I overheard my "mom" talking on the phone with one of her sisters (b. 1961-present, but five months older than me), and it didn't seem to be the regular gossip they do. I go downstairs and ask what happened. My stepmom sadly informs me her own mother hath passed away, but from what, that remains to be seen. The other step-aunt found it too hard to disclose the rest of the situation, so she abruptly hung up.

Okay, here's who my step-grandmother looks like...

I hope she has a safe journey back to God's kingdom. I believe that we are eternal; spirits that inhabit physical bodies in this physical realm. When one passes away, they leave the physical body and returns to the supernatural realm.

そして...got any condolences? They'd be much appreciated. :bowser:

Shroob

Sup?

It appears that my foster grandmother has passed away at the start of this new year. She was born March of 1938 and had quite a few children. They lived in a quiet neighborhood in fairmont, west virginia since circa 1968. Now, I was born in that same town as well, but me and my real immediate family--may they rest in peace--moved to around the atlanta area in early 1964 and I've lived there since then. Some of my aunts and uncles lived in fairmont and knew my step-grandma quite well and introduced me to her. From there, me and her family had a close relationship.

Fast forward to the summer of 1990...the last few members of my de facto family passed away. That's when I was taken in by one of my step-grandma's daughters (b. 1964-present). I have no ability to live alone, I can't socialize very well. Enough about my troubled past, back to my "grandma"...

She was quite sociable, was quite popular in that small town of fairmont, she loved going to church. She was cheerful giver, too. Loved watching game shows, especially family feud, too. And don't get me started on how she loved watching comedians such as steve harvey and them. I spent several of my summers in west virginia with her family back in the days, but not so much in more recent times. In fact, my last visit was in spring of 2015.

She was married once, but he passed away in the late 1970s. She married another man after that time (b. 1939 - d. 2015). That man was a war veteran and was quite the handiman. Oh, and he owned three dogs over the years, one of which I eventually warmed up to, but I digress.

She does visit us here in georgia every now and then. One of her other daughters (b. 1958-present) is actively caring for her in more recent years. The house she's stayed in for all those years was and still is in need of renovation.

Just this afternoon, I overheard my "mom" talking on the phone with one of her sisters (b. 1961-present, but five months older than me), and it didn't seem to be the regular gossip they do. I go downstairs and ask what happened. My stepmom sadly informs me her own mother hath passed away, but from what, that remains to be seen. The other step-aunt found it too hard to disclose the rest of the situation, so she abruptly hung up.

I hope she has a safe journey back to God's kingdom. I believe that we are eternal; spirits that inhabit physical bodies in this physical realm. When one passes away, they leave the physical body and returns to the supernatural realm.

My condolences. Sorry for your loss.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Sorry to hear about your loss. May she rest well.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like she lived a long, fulfilling life. My condolences.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

May she rest in peace.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I'm sorry for your loss. She truly lived a good life.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

My heart's with you and your family. My condolences

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I wanted to post this question here, but later change my mind and post it in my profile. And now i'll doo recurssion with post it here as originally intended.
Do anyone consider Mega Man (Classic) as part of the Cereal Mascot Gang with the likes of Mario, Sonic, Crash, Spyro or Banjo?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've been noticing that ads on Twitter about cryto and even sexual stuff are growing at a large rate.

Thanks, Elon!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ebisumaru has been confirmed for Smash Remix!

EDIT: Banjo and Kazooie, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why is it when I click on topics, it brings me back like 10 pages behind the current post?

Shroob

Sup?
Goemon and Co being in Smash Remix just reminds me of that one Random Youtuber who would post on every single Nintendo upload through Smash 4 and Ultimate "Please Mr.Sakurai put Goemon from Go!Go! Goemon in Smash"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like Smash Remix is now the closest thing for me to play the Dragon King: The Fighting Game prototype.

I'm still hoping for the real thing to leak one day.

Top Bottom