• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I wish someone would find the video from the Smash Dojo (the official Super Smash Bros. Brawl website) that featured all the features and modes of the game (with the music briefly being replaced with "The Legend of Zelda" Brawl remix before switching back to the menu music).

D

Deleted member

I'm off to watch Disney's Cinderella III: A Twist in Time

I've heard from many that it's legit good.
Actually one of my favorite Disney DTV movies (along with "Return of Jafar" and "Lion King 2", to name a few). IMO, it's better than the second Cinderella movie (which is actually just three episodes of a failed TV series).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I actually have a rather fond memory while going through Google Maps and looking around at the hometown I grew up in (1988-2009): mom and I had to get up super early to go to Best Buy in 2006, a week after the Wii's launch, and there was this line of people waiting outside as well (typical). An employee came out and gave us all vouchers so we could come back a few hours later to get the consoles, so then we drove over to McDonald's for breakfast, then after chilling out in between that time, we headed back inside to get the system. I also grabbed "The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy" and "Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz" (I'd already gotten "Twilight Princess" a week before).

And a year after that, I moved in with her in an apartment which is a block away from Walmart, so one day I took some money from my birthday, walked over, and purchased "Super Mario Galaxy", my very first video game purchase.

D

Deleted member

I came up with some tropes about my persona, Luca.

• Fragile Speedster (incredibly fast, but not very strong or durable)
  • Little Bit Beastly (is mostly human with the exception of his fox ears and three fox tails)
  • Multiple-Tailed Beasts (the aforementioned tails)
  • Otherworldly Technicolour Hair (he has green hair)
  • Playing with Fire (can conjure fire with his hands)

I'm trying to brainstorm some more. He wears glasses, but he's not a nerd, he's just nearsighted like me.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Gonna go watch Wonka with an IRL friend I hadn't seen since December 2022.

Hopefully we enjoy the movie, apparently the people close to me who have seen It liked It a lot.
It's a treat.
What If season 2 was a massive improvement over the first season
I see what you mean.
oh ** this account turns 10 years old in two weeks ** **** god dammit time isn’t real

but 90 more likes… and all the time will be worth it :evil:
I just realized this account will turn 5 years old this year.
Y'all got a minute...or five? :bowser:

It appears that my foster grandmother has passed away at the start of this new year. She was born March of 1938 and had quite a few children. They lived in a quiet neighborhood in fairmont, west virginia since circa 1968. Now, I was born in that same town as well, but me and my real immediate family--may they rest in peace--moved to around the atlanta area in early 1964 and I've lived there since then. Some of my aunts and uncles lived in fairmont and knew my step-grandma quite well and introduced me to her. From there, me and her family had a close relationship.

Fast forward to the summer of 1990...the last few members of my de facto family passed away. That's when I was taken in by one of my step-grandma's daughters (b. 1964-present). I have no ability to live alone, I can't socialize very well. Enough about my troubled past, back to my "grandma"...

She was quite sociable, was quite popular in that small town of fairmont, she loved going to church. She was cheerful giver, too. Loved watching game shows, especially family feud, too. And don't get me started on how she loved watching comedians such as steve harvey and them. I spent several of my summers in west virginia with her family back in the days, but not so much in more recent times. In fact, my last visit was in spring of 2015.

She was married once, but he passed away in the late 1970s. She married another man after that time (b. 1939 - d. 2015). That man was a war veteran and was quite the handiman. Oh, and he owned three dogs over the years, one of which I eventually warmed up to, but I digress.

She does visit us here in georgia every now and then. One of her other daughters (b. 1958-present) is actively caring for her in more recent years. The house she's stayed in for all those years was and still is in need of renovation.

Just this afternoon, I overheard my "mom" talking on the phone with one of her sisters (b. 1961-present, but five months older than me), and it didn't seem to be the regular gossip they do. I go downstairs and ask what happened. My stepmom sadly informs me her own mother hath passed away, but from what, that remains to be seen. The other step-aunt found it too hard to disclose the rest of the situation, so she abruptly hung up.

Okay, here's who my step-grandmother looks like...

I hope she has a safe journey back to God's kingdom. I believe that we are eternal; spirits that inhabit physical bodies in this physical realm. When one passes away, they leave the physical body and returns to the supernatural realm.

そして...got any condolences? They'd be much appreciated. :bowser:
Take as much time as you need.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

It appears that my foster grandmother has passed away at the start of this new year. She was born March of 1938 and had quite a few children. They lived in a quiet neighborhood in fairmont, west virginia since circa 1968. Now, I was born in that same town as well, but me and my real immediate family--may they rest in peace--moved to around the atlanta area in early 1964 and I've lived there since then. Some of my aunts and uncles lived in fairmont and knew my step-grandma quite well and introduced me to her. From there, me and her family had a close relationship.

Fast forward to the summer of 1990...the last few members of my de facto family passed away. That's when I was taken in by one of my step-grandma's daughters (b. 1964-present). I have no ability to live alone, I can't socialize very well. Enough about my troubled past, back to my "grandma"...

She was quite sociable, was quite popular in that small town of fairmont, she loved going to church. She was cheerful giver, too. Loved watching game shows, especially family feud, too. And don't get me started on how she loved watching comedians such as steve harvey and them. I spent several of my summers in west virginia with her family back in the days, but not so much in more recent times. In fact, my last visit was in spring of 2015.

She was married once, but he passed away in the late 1970s. She married another man after that time (b. 1939 - d. 2015). That man was a war veteran and was quite the handiman. Oh, and he owned three dogs over the years, one of which I eventually warmed up to, but I digress.

She does visit us here in georgia every now and then. One of her other daughters (b. 1958-present) is actively caring for her in more recent years. The house she's stayed in for all those years was and still is in need of renovation.

Just this afternoon, I overheard my "mom" talking on the phone with one of her sisters (b. 1961-present, but five months older than me), and it didn't seem to be the regular gossip they do. I go downstairs and ask what happened. My stepmom sadly informs me her own mother hath passed away, but from what, that remains to be seen. The other step-aunt found it too hard to disclose the rest of the situation, so she abruptly hung up.

I hope she has a safe journey back to God's kingdom. I believe that we are eternal; spirits that inhabit physical bodies in this physical realm. When one passes away, they leave the physical body and returns to the supernatural realm.

I’m sorry for your loss. May she rest peacefully.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Sorry for your loss, you have my condolences

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You and your family have my condolences and prayers. I know your step grandmother is smiling down at you, your foster mother and everyone else in her family and life in Heaven right now.

Take all the time you need to grieve, and be there for your stepmother and your relatives when need be, too, I'm sure they'll be there for you as well.

D

Deleted member

So what exactly is the reason for Brawl having a dual-layer disc (which early Wii models had difficulty reading)? I thought it was all those cutscenes from Subspace Emissary, but I could be wrong.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
James Gunn currently doesn’t have any plans to replace Margot as Harley, but would love to work with her in his set of DC projects in any capacity (including roles that aren’t Harley)

He’s also over halfway done with the Peacemaker S2 script

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So what exactly is the reason for Brawl having a dual-layer disc (which early Wii models had difficulty reading)? I thought it was all those cutscenes from Subspace Emissary, but I could be wrong.
It was due to Subspace, Brawl was a massive game for the Wii (bigger than Xenoblade in file size, only behind Prime Trilogy and Other M in tems of GBs)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
James Gunn currently doesn’t have any plans to replace Margot as Harley, but would love to work with her in his set of DC projects in any capacity (including roles that aren’t Harley)

He’s also over halfway done with the Peacemaker S2 script
Please put Poison Ivy in a DC movie with her so she can finally kiss women!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They can always ignore the countries that would ban the movie.

I mean, they won't but they could.
It's so funny how racist companies assume people are by going "But guuuuys we HAVE to remove this or else China will say no" only for the movie to be banned anyway for other reasons or you get cases like Star Wars where China really does not give any ****s despite all the attempts. Sure JJ Abrams, China's the reason Finn has no proper story arc despite potentially being the best writing these mlbies have seen in decades

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I'm sorry for your loss.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can't believe that PMEX Remix went through all of 2023 releasing only one update.

I thought we would've gotten a new one by now.

D

Deleted member

Luca: They wanted to put me in the beginner’s class! I can‘t be swimming with a bunch of five year olds! They can be cruel when they sense weakness.

Josh: That’s why in the first day, you beat up the biggest one in the yard!

Yuko: Josh, that’s prison.

Josh: Only if you let it be!

Top Bottom