• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So uh, am I just SOL on the Mystery Gift Pokemon in BDSP or is there another way to obtain them?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now that Steamboat Willie is public domain, I think someone needs to make a followup story on this goose. his behavior is, to put it simply, bizzare.

To start off, why is he on the Steamboat in the first place? Mickey Mouse and Pete obviously work there, The Cat and The Parrot are pets, and the presence of the Cow and Minnie Mouse are explained in the short. The Goose's presence, meanwhile, is unexplained. He could have flown on, but he's towards the bottom of the ship, making that unlikely. It could be cargo, but why would the Steamboat company go out of their way to move one goose? He's an odd duck, to say the least.
No he's a goose

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So uh, am I just SOL on the Mystery Gift Pokemon in BDSP or is there another way to obtain them?
Yes and no. If you want them through BDSP, you are SOL because FOMO is a faithful remake.

Except the companion game allows you to catch the mythicals (admittedly Darkrai and Shaymin are only available if you have date from the other Gen 8 Games) permanently. Manaphy, Phione, and Arceus are all obtainable though base PLA just by doing the postgame.

Yeah event mons are stupid.

Shroob

Sup?
Lamp has access to both Sword/Shield and BDSP save data on their Switch, right?

Sounds like it's time to buy PLA and get Shaymin and Darkrai that way. :nifty:

Shroob

Sup?

That's a lot of Pocket Monsters to play for just two Digimon
On one hand, it's entirely a profit driven thing of "Hey if you buy this OTHER game, you can unlock content in a different game!"

On the other hand, thank god they're making older mythicals more accessible. Mew, Jirachi, Keldeo, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Meloetta and Arceus are all easily accessible on current gen games.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Come to think of it, PLA doesn't have Mystery Gift exclusibe mons.

Like Dino Suicune and Robo Virizion are the closest we have and even then it's through the Poke Portal news and they ran that 3 seperate times so that's kinda cool it's not a one and dome thing.

Baby steps I guess.

Shroob

Sup?
Come to think of it, PLA doesn't have Mystery Gift exclusibe mons.

Like Dino Suicune and Robo Virizion are the closest we have and even then it's through the Poke Portal news and they ran that 3 seperate times so that's kinda cool it's not a one and dome thing.

Baby steps I guess.
Does suck that those 2 are kinda "If you miss 'em, sucks to suck"

Especially when they literally included a mission in the DLC that they would have fit in.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Does suck that those 2 are kinda "If you miss 'em, sucks to suck"

Especially when they literally included a mission in the DLC that they would have fit in.
That is fair.

I'm just appreciate that they keep running it back for those who missed their chance. Much better than one and done like every other event mon. Also, by running it back, then more people can catch them which means more are in the trading pool so those that did miss out have a better chance of trading for them.

Yeah I'm looking for the positives here lol

Shroob

Sup?
That is fair.

I'm just appreciate that they keep running it back for those who missed their chance. Much better than one and done like every other event mon. Also, by running it back, then more people can catch them which means more are in the trading pool so those that did miss out have a better chance of trading for them.

Yeah I'm looking for the positives here lol
Honestly, they should just

I dunno

Spawn some permanent Tera Crystals in the game for them and have them always available, or just stop putting an end date to their distribution and have it run indefinitely.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People out here really thinking aliens were attacking Miami.

“they had to run that’s why there’s no evidence”

meanwhile any attention starved individuals have proven time and time again that danger does not Matter. They will be idiots for that 15 minutes of fame.

They thought bombs and guns were going off at that mall,of course they going to bring the firepower.

Especially after the night club incident a few months ago.

If the aliens showed up on earth, they would bring numbers and definitely not going to be able to be covered up in todays age lmao.

Shroob

Sup?
People out here really thinking aliens were attacking Miami.

“they had to run that’s why there’s no evidence”

meanwhile any attention starved individuals have proven time and time again that danger does not Matter. They will be idiots for that 15 minutes of fame.

They thought bombs and guns were going off at that mall,of course they going to bring the firepower.

Especially after the night club incident a few months ago.

If the aliens showed up on earth, they would bring numbers and definitely not going to be able to be covered up in todays age lmao.
Why is it always Florida.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have never played this game before but the dictomy between the hard rock screaming voice and the angel sounding chorus is so ****ing funny
It gets even better when you realize the same woman's doing both voices

In other news, I checked out the Dungeon Meshi/Delicious in Dungeon episode Netflix has as they chose to air it weekly rather than making it a binge fest everyone will forget about in a week, I'm really glad they absolutely nailed the vibe, my only gripe is not entirely vibing with Emily Rudd (who did Nami in the live action One Piece) as Marcille, but I saw clips of the German dub of her first and German dubs go needlessly hard iirc

Marcille my beloved
20240105_093551.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 382580

You like someone, don’cha Mighty?
I haven't seen her since July dawg I should not still have her on my mind.

But no, my brain has to remind me for 0 reason. But being delusional is nice until you snap back to reality and then it hurts. I hate it here, I need to find someone else.

Noipoi

Howdy!

But no, my brain has to remind me for 0 reason. But being delusional is nice until you snap back to reality and then it hurts. I hate it here, I need to find someone else.
The heart is a funny thing, my friend.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Ride the feelings out and they'll fade on their own, and try and do fun things for yourself in the meantime. You might even meet someone else in the process.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The heart is a funny thing, my friend.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Ride the feelings out and they'll fade on their own, and try and do fun things for yourself in the meantime. You might even meet someone else in the process.
I am making a concious effort to find new people and step outside. It's just... it's kinda tough cause my job is dominated by old ladies and the events I go to in my spare time is dominated by male millenials so it's a mixed bag.

I know I can move past it though, one way or another. Just gotta believe like that rapping dog.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

you know, I’m in a similar boat. Met someone a while back who I really liked and we’ve stayed in touch, but haven’t actually gotten to meet up with them again since they live like two states over.

They also are pretty dedicated to their job and do amazing things in their field, ok top of going through a lot lately.

So it’s been complicated, we talk a lot but I’m not sure how she feels. She didn’t want to try and meet up in the next month or two, since last time didn’t work out.

So I hope it does this time so I can see where things go.

But I know the feeling of drifting to thinking about someone. Ultimately though, who really knows what the future holds. I fully believe their was some forces at play that led me to make those connections, so I hope it’s meant to be, if not being apart of that and still living life even as just friends wouldn’t be the worse outcome either.

There’s always so much more to explore in the world.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just about done going for 100% completion in Fire Emblem Warriors (almost 250 hours later...) so I will probably start playing Violet again this weekend. I haven't done anything with Pokemon Home, so I'm curious to see how close I will be to completing the vanilla Paldea Dex before I get into the DLC.

If there is anyone who could help me out with Walking Wake & Iron Leaves Raid Battles, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Got my first Día de Reyes gifts at my house:

A lot of dope stuff, and Lilo's plushie was a huge and welcomed surprise.

Here's the X-Men Jet all built up btw:

Will share pics of the Rogue and Transformers Animated Prowl figures in the coming days, probably some pics of the X-Men Animated Series Behind The Scenes book too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh yeah, so there was a Japanese poll that had ranked 100 desirable dream relationships with a fictional character. To my knowledge they do this annually and we discussed this last year around this time.

Anyways, she swept it again 2 years in a row
AND THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW WE SAPPHICS CLAIMED HER

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh yeah, so there was a Japanese poll that had ranked 100 desirable dream relationships with a fictional character. To my knowledge they do this annually and we discussed this last year around this time.

Anyways, she swept it again 2 years in a row

Also Kieran ranked 4th, a lot of them got some explaining to do.
Rika
Oh rika
Oh my wife

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
My final Día de Reyes gifts:

When I build the two LEGO sets I Will do a group photo of every gift I got both on Christmas and Día de Reyes. Overall these were the best holidays I've had in recent years. Met a lot of people I hadn't seen in years, felt great with myself, was able to rest and overall has been a wonderful start of the year.
tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge Shroob Shroob SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Noipoi Noipoi osby osby Freezerburn Freezerburn Z25 Z25 and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen because they seemed to enjoy the other gifts I got.

Top Bottom