• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He's referring to canine teeth, small "fangs" most people have.

They're called canine teeth because they're sharp, like a canine's. But yeah...it's a confusing name.
Oh no, I knew that, i was makin a joke about me just finding out about canine teeth

Speaking of Canines, dont people get then sharpend to make them fangs?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Was bored waiting for the next Splatfest (not sure why it's so long after the Holidays are already over?), and decided to do a fanmade Splaetfest theme, this one as a sequel to the Japan only Splatoon 2 McDonald's Splatfest. (Not sure why that one was Japan only considering how much Americans love fast food.)

mcdonalds.png

The original one in Splatoon 2 was Fries vs McNuggets, so I added Big Macs. And yes, 80% of the reason I made this was because Big Man getting Big Macs was just too perfect.

Original one here.

File:S2 Splatfest Fries vs McNuggets.png

File:Pearl Fries Marina McNuggets.jpg

I also made alternate universe Halloween and Christmas Splatfests.

splatoween.png

squidmas.png

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Was bored waiting for the next Splatfest (not sure why it's so long after the Holidays are already over?), and decided to do a fanmade Splaetfest theme, this one as a sequel to the Japan only Splatoon 2 McDonald's Splatfest. (Not sure why that one was Japan only considering how much Americans love fast food.)

View attachment 382553

The original one in Splatoon 2 was Fries vs McNuggets, so I added Big Macs. And yes, 80% of the reason I made this was because Big Man getting Big Macs was just too perfect.

Original one here.

File:S2 Splatfest Fries vs McNuggets.png

File:Pearl Fries Marina McNuggets.jpg

I also made alternate universe Halloween and Christmas Splatfests.

I'm Teams Chocolate Bar and Reindeer.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If Gym Leader Castle didn't go away, Scarlet and Violet's would've been awesome when you factor in its Team Star, Titan Pokémon, and Area Zero.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm kind of surprised that Peach isn't there already. (I figure that they could use her model from the N64 Mario Party games as a basis)

If they do continue adding characters to Smash Remix (though I'm not sure if they will; the bit at the end of the 1.5.0 video where they had a montage of the various newcomers up to this point seemed like a grand finale/send-off to me), hopefully they add more Rare characters. (I'd be interested to see James Bond or Joanna Dark)

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Now that Steamboat Willie is public domain, I think someone needs to make a followup story on this goose. his behavior is, to put it simply, bizzare.
1704495778913.png

To start off, why is he on the Steamboat in the first place? Mickey Mouse and Pete obviously work there, The Cat and The Parrot are pets, and the presence of the Cow and Minnie Mouse are explained in the short. The Goose's presence, meanwhile, is unexplained. He could have flown on, but he's towards the bottom of the ship, making that unlikely. It could be cargo, but why would the Steamboat company go out of their way to move one goose? He's an odd duck, to say the least.

We know he enjoys music - perhaps a bit too much. He stands back as Mickey spends muliple minutes creating it, dancing. This is all well and good, until Michael does the unthinkable, the amoral.
1704496258140.png

The mouse begins to torture the cat. People have analyzed Mickey's rational for almost a century, and I have no intention of continuing that debate, I merely bring it up to examine the goose's reaction. Or, rather, lack of reaction. It doesn't fight Mickey's unjust act, or flee from the animal abuser, or even grimace in a way that implies it disagrees with the practice. It just continues to dance. Even when Mickey swings the cat overhead, which has no musical application, the goose stays happy. Do the Goose and the Cat have a rivalry? Is The Goose just a masochist? In the intrest of time, I will not explore those theories. I want to call attention to the next scene in the short. The last scene we see with this avian friend.
1704496925398.png

Mickey grabs it by the neck and chokes it in a musical way. For 30 seconds, Mickey tortures this creature in an attempt to create a medley. This is, of course, amoral. But unlike with the cat, and the piglets, I think the Goose brought this upon itself. It had ample oppertunity to stop Mickey's abuse of the feline, or at least escape, but it did nothing. It, arguably, encouraged it. This reminds me of Flowey from Toby Fox's Undertale (specifically, the Genocide route). Flowey feels a kinship with the protagonist, thinking himself an ally in the protagonist's bloody crusadde. But, in the end, Flowey is but another obstacle in our way, and we eliminate him like we eliminated everyone else. His ego was his downfall, much like that of the goose. What happened after Steamboat Willie is a mystery. Did he survive? Was the strangulation fatal? Did he turn over a new leaf? The Walt Disney company failed to explore the depths of this character, but now he is free. The rest of his story can be told.

Attachments

Top Bottom