• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Truly, a discussion reminiscent of 2019 out of pocket Smashboards.

All we need now is a mod (who's either significantly older or younger than you) telling us to knock it off.
It's too late.
The inmates are running the asylum.

Smashboards
A Serious House on Serious Earth

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Boobs are fine. I made that meme for a reason.
I mean yeah, I just don’t think they’re applicable in every circumstance, and in some cases I think it’s a cop out to stick them on an anthro design just to indicate that they’re female.

And with that I’m nipping this conversation in the bud.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The one by Kane. I can't remember the name off hand. It's the one with the giant puppet.
Oh ya, that's a good one. I've been giving Greylock a shot since it seems like it's all the rage right now. It's got a lot of typical slideshow videos but it seems to have an interesting enough narrative.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I hate to be that person but there's something to be said about how a lot of female cartoon characters are designed for sex appeal, while only a small number of male ones are.
As long as the character is written well, who cares :yoshi:
I mean in visual media like cartoons, character design is an important part of character building.

Shroob

Sup?
I hate to be that person but there's something to be said about how a lot of female cartoon characters are designed for sex appeal, while only a small number of male ones are.

I mean in visual media like cartoons, character design is an important part of character building.
Hoss Delgado took all the male sex appeal for at least 20 years worth of time.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms got around to looking at that horror you mentioned before. Pretty good.
The Oldest View, right?

Sorry for the reply lol

The one by Kane. I can't remember the name off hand. It's the one with the giant puppet.
Then yeah, definitely The Oldest View.

As short as the series is in terms of no. of videos, it still just gets creepier with each episode.

Oh ya, that's a good one. I've been giving Greylock a shot since it seems like it's all the rage right now. It's got a lot of typical slideshow videos but it seems to have an interesting enough narrative.
I'll have to give that one a shot myself.

Analog horror is basically a new form of the Found Footage/Mockumentary sub-genre and I'm here for it.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Neat. The Japanese artist I commissioned some Fire Emblem art from on Skeb is sharing preview sketches on their Twitter account. It looks cool already. I can't wait to see the final result. 🤩

Skeb is private and strictly hands-off in terms of communication with the artist, so it's really exciting to see things coming together.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
it’s been a year and a day since Hellena Taylor fumbled the bag so ****ing badly and forever ruined her voice acting career (and failed to kill Bayonetta herself)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Does anyone know an easy to use Zelda Maker?
Something with overworld, Dungeons and text and a decntly big selection of parts!
It doesnt have to have zelda graphics but if it doesnt i wanna be able to make my own zelda graphics via sprite editing!
Does something like that exist?

osby

Smash Obsessed
See here's the thing

I'm not actually gambling, I'm just ordering them off AliExpress. So while I'm still spending a lot of money it's not as terrible a financial decision in the long run
I mean... I guess you're not spending money on pngs.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0442.jpeg

the best suit in Spidey movie history is in the game thank god and amen

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rick & Morty’s season 7 premiere revealed that Mr. Poopybutthole’s real name is Wayne

…so…Wayne Poopybutthole

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm currently playing a popular Super World in Super Mario Maker 2 what they call "Super Mario Bros. 5"

Other than it being too generous on giving you lives, the level designs are very damn good.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Looking back, it's almost odd to think that Mario and Sonic, as well as Nintendo and Sega as a whole, were ever rivals.
I would say simpler times but I wasn't alive then.

In an alternate Universe, Sega is the 1st party company. They still haven't moved on from the Genesis since the CD and 32X were successes, and the new add-on, Exodus, catches it up to next gen consoles.

House fires have also significantly increased coincidentaly enough.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Still odd how the Mario Wonder files that got leaked out, and then the game itself being digitally leaked out, has instantly lead to people modding the game to have Sans in it (and also releasing multiple voice clips of the characters)

All while the Spider-Man side of things has people flat out throwing every single spoiler of the game possible, especially the overly large stuff that Insomniac worked so hard to keep safe

…tho at least both games are going to sell and make bitchloads of cash

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There have only been two 2D Mario platformers that have been canceled: "VB Mario Land" for Virtual Boy and "Super Mario's Wacky Worlds" for Philips CD-i (though an early prototype of the latter exists online).

Both were canceled for the same reason: their consoles sold like ass.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There have only been two 2D Mario platformers that have been canceled: "VB Mario Land" for Virtual Boy and "Super Mario's Wacky Worlds" for Philips CD-i (though an early prototype of the latter exists online).

You forgot Mario vs Donkey Kong where Mario says a slur, he got cancelled for that, but he's since educated himself on the matter and donates a significant amount to humanitarian aid while becoming an activist

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sonic Superstars comes out tomorrow. That’s exciting. And I hope people aren’t too much of a negative Nancy about it.

Please let this game be a win.
I'm personally looking forward to Superstars more than Wonder, even after peeping a little bit of the leaks.

2D Sonic (when done well) just hits different than 2D Mario, imo.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Honestly, Wacky World looked promising based on the prototype.

Had the CD-i been a better console or had better games in general, the game might have been finished to see the light of day.

Top Bottom