• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
SMB3 Luigi being a recolor of Mario in Super Mario Maker 2 annoys me.

Yes, that was the case in the original game but that was also true for the original version of Super Mario World and yet SMW Luigi looks different.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
After spending some time thinking about how you could fit the other animal characters from The Jungle Book into the TaleSpin universe, I'm now doing a similar mental thought experiment with the characters from The Lion King because why not. Let's anthropomorphize the other famous non-anthro Disney animal movie and put it into this same universe. Maybe I'll do the same thing with Bambi and Dumbo. Try to stop me! I'm actually asking you to try to stop me. Please!

Shroob

Sup?
So I guess the Penguin is being added to Minecraft, just at a later date?

The dude who announced the Mob Vote gave a "Hint Hint Nudge Nudge" about Penguins saying "The Frogs didn't win their vote either, but..." or something to that effect.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have some stuff to add to the Amphibia talk, but since it's getting late here I'll reply to it later.

The dude who announced the Mob Vote gave a "Hint Hint Nudge Nudge" about Penguins saying "The Frogs didn't win their vote either, but..." or something to that effect.
It'd be nice, honestly. Same goes for virtually every other losing mob from past Mob Votes being added later, as unlikely as that is.

Also, on that note, the Firefly mob was robbed. They tried to claim that Fireflies being poisonous to frogs as their excuse for not adding them, but it didn't stop them from literally (and accurately) making the chocolate chip Cookie item instantly kill Parrots by poisoning once people corrected the devs on chocolate's effects on real birds.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Thirteenth October drawing.

This one is based on MissingNo.!

10-13-2023 - Glitch.png

They could, but I'm not sure. Despite what the devs say about the mobs, Vu has also said stuff like "it'll just be a memory," or something like that, about lost mobs such as the Moobloom in either past Minecraft Lives, or maybe the Minecraft Now/Monthly videos. Feels like part of the show.

At the same time, he's brought up the Moobloom at minimum three times between the Lives/Now/Monthly videos, including the most recent Monthly where he threw a Moobloom plush into the Mob Vote candidate deciders' room for "inspiration." It feels like a big tease :079:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, I'm not a fan of the mob votes. It's one thing if they add the losers into the game but... they don't. Plus, it's super easily rigged/botted the moment a popular Minecraft tuber is in favor for one of the options (justice for Iceologer, yes I am still salty about Glow Squids winning). What also doesn't help is that a lot of the mobs straight up do absolutely nothing of note so they're set up to fail from day one

The Biome votes are significantly better imo, because they actually do add in the loser's features in later updates. I was a big Swamp Update dude and I was happy they did that shortly after Caves and Cliffs

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Something that only recently occurred to me is that if the DuckTales reboot had ever gotten to use Pete they probably would have come up with some sort of equally clever, stupid, and hilarious reason why there are like... a billion different versions of him all in different personas and at different points in history and yet they're all bad guys and it would be way more clever/stupid/hilarious than anything anyone else had ever come up with.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I will say that the Trial Chambers are a cool addition to Minecraft. Dungeons were severely lacking in just about everything for as long as I've been playing so I'm glad they finally updated the system because whew boy they sucked.

I can also take solace that no mob additoon will be as bad as the Phantom.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
speaking of FNAF, the movie can use one F-Bomb.

I hope they go for the memes and in the flashbacks when the bite of 87 occurs, someone just yells out:

“What the ****?”

just like the meme videos.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I want the Beast of the Ocean Depths to join the ranks of the Guardians and Drowned as dangerous underwater enemies.

Or just as underwater enemies, period.
If I were to come up with a new hostile mob, I would have one inspired by the extinct Mosasaurus as a huge threat in the deeper oceans.

Or even something based off those prehistoric sea scorpion things.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thank you for your service Tony Stark. Pepper, Morgan, Happy, Rhodey (…real or fake idk), and the Avengers will remember you…too bad he didn’t have a kid to fight in his honor

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nick All Star Brawl devs seeing they have to release between Sonic, Mario and Spider-man ( these games are getting rave reviews)

-They delayed the game:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nick All Star Brawl devs seeing they have to release between Sonic, Mario and Spider-man ( these games are getting rave reviews)

-They delayed the game:
And now, SnakeFighter may wonder if they'll add more characters and hope so.

I do not think they will, since this is a delay to avoid competition, but I can see people like her do such a thing; no offense to her, of course.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I more and more believe that NASB2 won't reach sales expectations
It's not like it has a massive budget anyway, those comments on it having a bigger budget thanks to its extra polish and SP content (which remember, it still has with or without CatDog) don't mean it literally has a $100,000,000 budget.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
anyway here's something
There was a problem fetching the tweet
SMB Wonder is getting day -4 modding

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Natasha Romanoff died yesterday…same amount of attention given to her death as in the MCU

Top Bottom