• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
I liked SwSH, thought the DLC was mediocre, and love my team to death. I completed the entire pokedex even though the process of doing that was... exhausting... Only mainline game I played all the way through (unless you count Let's Go or Legends Arceus) because I don't want to go back to random encounters and ScaVio seams too... broken... I'll always hold Shield in a special place. Even if Rillaboom is a traitor to everyone and the story is kinda ********.
You're definitely free to like it, and that's totally cool.

But man, doing Sword and Shining Pearl back to back really, REALLY left a sour taste in my mouth.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're definitely free to like it, and that's totally cool.

But man, doing Sword and Shining Pearl back to back really, REALLY left a sour taste in my mouth.
Yeah... I really tried to like BDSP but it has too much in it that the Pokemon series should have left in the past. Even if it does still have linear routes which I greatly appreciate.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I still stand by Gens 3/4/5 having the best map design in the series.

They were linear yes, but it still rewarded you for looking off too the side, Gen 8 was the anti-thesis of this, there was no "side" to look for stuff in, it was purely one straight line from beginning to end, and it didnt have the likeable characters of Gen 7 to fall back on.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still stand by Gens 3/4/5 having the best map design in the series.

They were linear yes, but it still rewarded you for looking off too the side, Gen 8 was the anti-thesis of this, there was no "side" to look for stuff in, it was purely one straight line from beginning to end, and it didnt have the likeable characters of Gen 7 to fall back on.
At least it wasn't more broken then a Bethesda game

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm gonna make an estimated prediction of how many seasons of Invincible there will be. Kirkman did say it could run up to 7-8.

Since the first season was based on the first 20 issues.

Season 1: #1-#20
Season 2: #21-#40
Season 3: #41-#60
Season 4 #61-#80
Season 5: #81-100
Season 6: #101-#120
Season 7: #121-#136
Potentially a movie: #137-#144

What do you guys think?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm gonna make an estimated prediction of how many seasons of Invincible there will be. Kirkman did say it could run up to 7-8.

Since the first season was based on the first 20 issues.

Season 1: #1-#20
Season 2: #21-#40
Season 3: #41-#60
Season 4 #61-#80
Season 5: #81-100
Season 6: #101-#120
Season 7: #121-#136
Potentially a movie: #137-#144

What do you guys think?
The first season wasn't based on the first 20 issues. It mixed and matched them with a bunch of later issues.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're full of hot takes today, ain't ya, darlin'?
i mean... the battle system has always been the same and it's not great ow and if its the same as it was on game boy, just with extra moves and types, why would it have been good back then. And if the battle system of an rpg is bad, the rest of an rpg can only carry it so far.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The first season wasn't based on the first 20 issues. It mixed and matched them with a bunch of later issues.
Perhaps but for the most part it seemed to be the basis of it. So I would expect this same trend where the basis is still following the comics chronologically but as you said mixed with some later issues.

Shroob

Sup?
i mean... the battle system has always been the same and it's not great ow and if its the same as it was on game boy, just with extra moves and types, why would it have been good back then. And if the battle system of an rpg is bad, the rest of an rpg can only carry it so far.
no entertainment is good or bad. there is only things you like, and things you don't like. Some things are just liked by more people than others. Good or bad only applies to peoples actions.
So which one is it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm just trying to think about if I would have a fun time playing like... any of the games... other than SwSh.... and i don't think the answer is yes...
If you liked SwSh you'd like XY, or ORAS, or BW/2, or PT (specifically PT not DP), or HGSS. They're all way better.

You're just bein' a contrarian :nifty:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you liked SwSh you'd like XY, or ORAS, or BW/2, or PT (specifically PT not DP), or HGSS. They're all way better.

You're just bein' a contrarian :nifty:
i tried playing x and y and the random encounters ruined the experience... at least the way I was trying to play it (making sure to catch a pokemon as soon as it became available so I wouldn't have to backtrack). Plus that method caused me to do so much accidental grinding that my Pokemon weren't listening to me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
i tried playing x and y and the random encounters ruined the experience... at least the way I was trying to play it (making sure to catch a pokemon as soon as it became available so I wouldn't have to backtrack). Plus that method caused me to do so much accidental grinding that my Pokemon weren't listening to me.
So it’s the very specific cross-section of a basic linear Pokémon but with overworld encounters that you want? Meaning there’s really only one game in the series that you’d enjoy?

Shroob

Sup?
So the two biggest hurdles for this challenge are going to be

The Master Ribbon

And Poffins

I assume I can just throw a ton of broken **** on a team and go from there (Flutter Mane, Gholdengo, Annihilape, Kingambit, etc)

But Poffins..... I have NO idea what to do there.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So it’s the very specific cross-section of a basic linear Pokémon but with overworld encounters that you want? Meaning there’s really only one game in the series that you’d enjoy?
I honestly don't know why any rpg ever did random encounters. There are gameboy games that have overworld instance encounters. Why that did not become the standard is beyond me.

Maybe I'll give them another try on an emulator and without caring about completing the pokedex.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So the two biggest hurdles for this challenge are going to be

The Master Ribbon

And Poffins

I assume I can just throw a ton of broken **** on a team and go from there (Flutter Mane, Gholdengo, Annihilape, Kingambit, etc)

But Poffins..... I have NO idea what to do there.
What ribbons require poffins?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I have this headcanon that Luigi is funding all of the Mario Kart tournaments
To abuse some of the colors, I can confirm that Luigi is the richest ****** in the Mario universe (with only Wario being a valid contender). Him finding everything nowadays instead of Mario or Peach would be both sensible and funny.

also Luigi knows Daisy’s favorite color it’s purple

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To abuse some of the colors, I can confirm that Luigi is the richest ****** in the Mario universe (with only Wario being a valid contender). Him finding everything nowadays instead of Mario or Peach would be both sensible and funny.

also Luigi knows Daisy’s favorite color it’s purple
We know Luigi is broke as hell because in Luigi’s Mansion 2 he got the second-worst ranking level house from the money he earned in the first game. Half the reason he gets roped into the ghost-hunting bull**** is because he wants to cash in a sweepstake. Free house, free vacation, etc.

The ghosts of Luigi’s Mansion 4 is gonna get him through a phishing scam or something. :4pacman:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Uncle Grandpa deserved better tbh.

Show has always been funny af and people are just now realizing it.
I think it was mostly a matter of bad timing. It had the misfortune of a just being a not so serious comedy show with little to no serialization at a time where the popularity of serialized animated shows with overarching plots, continuity and storytelling and the occasional more serious tone was at all time high.

Well, that and probably got a bad rap for it's connection to Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, which arguably was actually a bad show.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Playing through an old Tokyo Disneyland Mickey Mouse platformer that was only released in japan using a fan translation. Has a decent balloon mechanic with bot helium and water balloons. But since all the levels are themed after rides in the park, I just got to level three, Classic Splash Mountain. Will let you know how things go with that level.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
We know Luigi is broke as hell because in Luigi’s Mansion 2 he got the second-worst ranking level house from the money he earned in the first game. Half the reason he gets roped into the ghost-hunting bull**** is because he wants to cash in a sweepstake. Free house, free vacation, etc.

The ghosts of Luigi’s Mansion 4 is gonna get him through a phishing scam or something. :4pacman:
And the ghosts of Luigi's Mansion 5 will trick him into investing in crypto and buying NFTs.

Top Bottom