• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
July is almost over and we still have no Sonic 3 trailer.

Is this movie even real or is it a figment of our imaginations?
Be patient. We likely just have to wait a bit longer. After all, the first Sonic 2 movie trailer was released about four months before the actual movie released.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Porygon is still banned from the anime for crimes it didn’t even commit.

Free Porygon.
I will never understand the logic behind Porygon getting unperson'd from the anime.

The strobe effects were used when Pikachu used an electric attack, so maybe they thought they needed a fall guy so they don't lose their mascot or not have to air the rest of the many episodes that were already complete, but like...why not just simply stick to the move they already made of not re-airing the episode?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think 2 has the hardest bosses in the series as a whole since they have a lot of "Kill a LOT of Pikmin at once" mechanics.

Empress Bulblax with the Bulborb Larvae that eat like a Pikmin a second.

Segmented Crawbster and the RNG boulder spawns.

Man At Legs isn't.... too bad if you know how to fight it, but the one where you have to fight it with Blue Pikmin? That one's evil.

And the Waterwraith... honestly, once you FIGHT it, it's not an issue, the issue is the dungeon itself.
The Pileated Snagret is also no joke, imo.

It's mostly the fact that it has the Burrowing Snagret's already high attack rate and an even higher health pool than the Snagrets from the first game, which sticks out even more with how much the Burrowing ones' health got nerfed in 2.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It'll be a while til I get to it but I'm thinking of buying Persona 5 Royal on Switch. It's really cheap on PlayAsia for a game like that and my PC is currently probably not capable of running it, so I might as well just nab it while I'm getting TTYD for my collection

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Between the two, I prefer Chie. All romance routes are fanservice and OOC to an extent but I think Naoto's goes a bit too far.

But I say, it's better to decide on your own.
The real answer would be Yosuke but out of all the girls, the only ones I like are Chie and Naoto and Chie wins that battle

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Not to beat a dead horse, but to loop back to the Pikmin discussion last night, I think another issue with 4 is

Ice Pikmin are probably the 2nd most overpowered type in the series ever, only beaten out by 2's Purples.

The fact that you can freeze everything and then just, nuke the ****** after makes enemy encounters kind of a joke when you have Ice Pikmin.

That, and the game just throws Spicy Spray at you makes a lot of combat a non-issue.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not to beat a dead horse, but to loop back to the Pikmin discussion last night, I think another issue with 4 is

Ice Pikmin are probably the 2nd most overpowered type in the series ever, only beaten out by 2's Purples.

The fact that you can freeze everything and then just, nuke the ****** after makes enemy encounters kind of a joke when you have Ice Pikmin.

That, and the game just throws Spicy Spray at you makes a lot of combat a non-issue.
Part of me wishes they just brought Ultra Bitter Spray back.

It was semi-OP but at least you usually really had to work (or get to get it.

Yeah, I'm nearing the end of Pikmin 4 myself and I'm only losing as many Pikmin as I am because I'm kinda playing on autopilot at this point. The game just ain't challenging. 🤷‍♂️

Still really fun tho. Oatchi is a good boy.
Oatchi is one of the best things in the series and I hope they rework the dogs in Pikmin 5 so they can stay in the series without being OP.

Shroob

Sup?
Part of me wishes they just brought Ultra Bitter Spray back.

It was semi-OP but at least you usually really had to work (or get to get it.

Oatchi is one of the best things in the series and I hope they rework the dogs in Pikmin 5 so they can stay in the series without being OP.
Pikmin balance is such a funny thing lol.

You go from Pikmin 1, where Yellows were basically worthless

To Pikmin 2, where Reds were basically worthless, Whites were strong but the trade off is they had to die for their max combat prowess, and Purples were.... Purples...

To 3, where a swarm of Winged Pikmin with Spicy Spray were an unholy terror

To 4 where Ice Pikmin just, make the game easy mode

As much as I don't like the 3 Pikmin limit, they're going to have to seriously balance these guys in the future if they ever try an "All of them 1 one game together" again lol.

Top Bottom