• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Are you just now finding out about it?

I thought you knew it was in the works already lol.
I vaguely had heard about it. But it actually coming to movie theatres? Imagine a big Youtuber liking your 5$ Indie game soo much they put it on the big screen.

Iron Lung is my favorite Paradox Pokemon
Paradox Lanturn
Iron Lung
Water/Dark

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I vaguely had heard about it. But it actually coming to movie theatres? Imagine a big Youtuber liking your 5$ Indie game soo much they put it on the big screen.
In the same year that a movie adaptation of Kane Pixels' take on the Backrooms was announced as well.

Indie horror's doing pretty good I'd say, be it as video games, movies or web series.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I honestly don't know why any rpg ever did random encounters. There are gameboy games that have overworld instance encounters. Why that did not become the standard is beyond me.
It's a way to make sure players get enough EXP between boss encounters and let's be honest, padding up the playtime.

And well, overworld encounters did kinda became the standart. I'd be hard pressed to point a moderm JRPGs that doesn't have them in favor of random encounters.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imagine being 12 in like, 2015, and knowing all your favorite indie horror games would get this big.

It's rad to see.
It is wild seeing all the games middle school me watched make it big. Happy Wheels blew up, FNAF is huge now, Minecraft is an empire, and all these cool little indie games getting recognition allowed them to either get the budget for a better game or set them up for a good while.

And then there's Yandere Simulator

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon Professors looking at a mon that looks suspiciously a lot like a distant ancestor/decendant of a mon that also has similar behaviors and a very similar cry: "Aw man, I have no idea what this mon is"
To be fair, that's proper taxonomical procedure.

IRL, animals that look absurdly similar may be really distant relatives while seemingly unrelated animals may belong to the same familia.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We know Luigi is broke as hell because in Luigi’s Mansion 2 he got the second-worst ranking level house from the money he earned in the first game. Half the reason he gets roped into the ghost-hunting bull**** is because he wants to cash in a sweepstake. Free house, free vacation, etc.

The ghosts of Luigi’s Mansion 4 is gonna get him through a phishing scam or something. :4pacman:
Luigi ****ing lied to me for years…oh my god

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To be fair, that's proper taxonomical procedure.

IRL, animals that look absurdly similar may be really distant relatives while seemingly unrelated animals may belong to the same familia.
The Okapi is a pretty good example of this.

Due to it's color scheme and patterns, it was originally believed to be related to Zebras in some way, and lot of people still initially assume that it is. It was eventually found out that it's actually far more closely related to Giraffes, and IIRC is the only surviving relative species of theirs still left, and vice-versa.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I sure as heck wouldn't mind seeing a Don Quixote-inspired Pokemon

But luckily we do have the next best thing
View attachment 379264
HEE-HAW MY BRETHREN
Honestly I cannot help but respect the amount of love you have for **** I have never seen in my life

Also holy **** Spiderman ps5 leaks make me want the game and we might end up owing Jun Senoue an apology as Superstars might be a BDSP situation?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Noipoi

Howdy!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I cannot help but respect the amount of love you have for **** I have never seen in my life

Also holy **** Spiderman ps5 leaks make me want the game and we might end up owing Jun Senoue an apology as Superstars might be a BDSP situation?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Maybe we should all stop judging games before they're even released.

I feel like people keep showing stuff from unreleased games that turn out to be false way too often.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maybe we should all stop judging games before they're even released.

I feel like people keep showing stuff from unreleased games that turn out to be false way too often.
I mean what we see before the day 1 patch is usually what we get for the most part, you can make a good call on how the game will be.

Granted I'm speaking as a BDSP day 1 patch coper, I will not be fooled again

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean what we see before the day 1 patch is usually what we get for the most part, you can make a good call on how the game will be.

Granted I'm speaking as a BDSP day 1 patch coper, I will not be fooled again
Well, I agree with that - I was (poorly) talking more like people sharing intentionally misleading clips with problems that sometimes don't even exist for clout.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
At this rate, loving things nobody else has heard of is basically my whole thing on this site.

6teen, most things on PBS Kids and Teletoon, five specific Crash Bandicoot characters that were popular for like three months, and now Disventure Camp.

Obscurity is my middle name. Call me Pink Obscurity Yoshi!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's going to be the best completely unremarkable week of the year for broke people (me)
I salute you for getting through these times without going insane

StormC

Smash Hero
Other than the obvious Australia, China is probably my biggest wish for a Pokemon region. It's such a huge and vast country with so many kinds of fascinating locations, mythologies, and animals. I could see it as being too politically controversial for Nintendo and GameFreak, though (regardless of whether or not such controversy would be with merit).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Okay! Time to start PLA! I gotta get all the Dex Entries to 10 for the shiny charm, but that doesn't seem too bad---"

Spiritomb

View attachment 379274
Spiritomb quest is easy. Don’t grab any of the wisps till you have all the areas unlocked.

Then just pull up a YouTube walkthrough and 10 minutes later you will be good to go.

Top Bottom