• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Spiritomb quest is easy. Don’t grab any of the wisps till you have all the areas unlocked.

Then just pull up a YouTube walkthrough and 10 minutes later you will be good to go.
Yeah, but it's tedious.

Granted, not as bad as say, Blue Coins in Sunshine, but still.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Other than the obvious Australia, China is probably my biggest wish for a Pokemon region. It's such a huge and vast country with so many kinds of fascinating locations, mythologies, and animals. I could see it as being too politically controversial for Nintendo and GameFreak, though (regardless of whether or not such controversy would be with merit).
Finally - give me the panda jiangshi beta mon

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Other than the obvious Australia, China is probably my biggest wish for a Pokemon region. It's such a huge and vast country with so many kinds of fascinating locations, mythologies, and animals. I could see it as being too politically controversial for Nintendo and GameFreak, though (regardless of whether or not such controversy would be with merit).
Well, we got the Musketdeers a generation before we got a French pokemon region. It's nothing concrete but it's possible that the Treasures of Ruin are a hint towards a future China-themed region.
I for one, am still waiting for a Brazil-inspired Pokemon region.

The natural diversity is amazing there. Plus imagine a Wild Area based on the Amazon rainforest!
On a related note, visiting the Amazon Rainforest one day is at the top of my bucket list.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Automatic crafting is coming to Minecraft!

Also the armadillo won the mob vote. No Mr. Krabs memes nor crab raves 😔

I liked the armadillo and penguin too, though crab seemed cooler and funnier. Also, wolf armor is cool (you can make wolf armor from the armadillo's scutes), but it'd be better if they improved wolf AI so they don't just jump off a cliff or into lava.

There's also going to be new "Trial Chamber" dungeons. They have special monster spawners that give rewards when the monsters are defeated, and there's also new copper and tuff blocks + a new Wind Blaze mob called the "Breeze."

The automatic crafting feels like a mod xD I've never been in the "feels too modded" camp in the past iirc, and really I'm not this time either, I guess I just never expected Mojang to actually consider that as fitting vanilla Minecraft. The "Crafter" block used for it is cool, though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been doing challenges in OW2. Halloween is nearly done. Just gotta play some more games.

Trials of Sanctuary was actually fun. I wish Missions were like it.

Shroob

Sup?

I liked the armadillo and penguin too, though crab seemed cooler and funnier. Also, wolf armor is cool (you can make wolf armor from the armadillo's scutes), but it'd be better if they improved wolf AI so they don't just jump off a cliff or into lava.

There's also going to be new "Trial Chamber" dungeons. They have special monster spawners that give rewards when the monsters are defeated, and there's also new copper and tuff blocks + a new Wind Blaze mob called the "Breeze."

The automatic crafting feels like a mod xD I've never been in the "feels too modded" camp in the past iirc, and really I'm not this time either, I guess I just never expected Mojang to actually consider that as fitting vanilla Minecraft. The "Crafter" block used for it is cool, though.
My vote was for the Armadillo, so I'm glad it won but.

I really do feel like these votes have become less of "Gaining a mob" and more "We're losing 2" as time goes on. The fact that crabs and penguins now are just in this nebulous void of "We'll add them maybe in the future!"(Never), sucks.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Meanwhile, the chat spamming #STOPMOBVOTE or whatever that is.

The whole boycott thing is stupid, good thing Mojang didn't care about that propaganda mess.

I really want an Africa based region.

Remember how I mentioned the Okapi yesterday? Okapis also happen to be one of my favorite animals, and I really want an Okapi Pokemon. Make it related to Girafarig too.
I would love having a regional Tyrantrum based off the Kasai Rex cryptid.

Also, SPINOSAURUS FOSSIL POKEMON!!!

Shroob

Sup?
The whole boycott thing is stupid
I mean, is it?

The fact that Mojang's straight up never added in any of the losers of previous mob votes despite them giving a "Maybe in the future!" doesn't bode well. The truth is that all 3 biomes could have benefitted from these mobs, and now the fact that crabs and penguins are just in this nebulous void of probably never happening if their prior track record is anything to go off of, sucks.

We gained a mob, but lost 2. 1 biome gets more diversity, 2 don't. It feels bad.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I feel like the first Mob Vote was a novel concept and a legitimate contest, but a waste of potential even still, and that each of the future Mob Votes became increasingly unnecessary and poorly thought out.

So much wasted potential from the Mobs that don't win the vote with each one. And concerning the Mobs that did win, the Phantom and Glow Squid have gotten mixed reception at best, and the Sniffer, while kind of cute in a weird way, doesn't do much and is largely considered disappointing. Pandas and the Allay are the only ones that gotten universal positive reception so far, and even those ones winning came at the cost of the other Mob concepts being either abandoned or shelved.

Honestly, while I'm sure the developers want to save themselves some work, I don't understand why they feel the need to shelve the ideas or just forget about them instead of just, you know, adding them in future updates instead. The Mob Votes are just a bad idea at this point, and have been since the second Mob Vote.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really want an Africa based region.

Remember how I mentioned the Okapi yesterday? Okapis also happen to be one of my favorite animals, and I really want an Okapi Pokemon. Make it related to Girafarig too.
As the thread's #1 Girafarig fan I approve of this message.

Call it Okapako.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I feel the first Mob Vote was a novel concept and a legitimate contest, but a waste of potential even still, and that each of the future Mob Votes became increasingly unnecessary and poorly thought out.

So many much wasted potential from the Mobs that don't win the vote with each one. And concerning the Mobs that did win, the Phantom and Glow Squid have gotten mixed reception at best, and the Sniffer, while kind of cute, doesn't do much and is largely considered disappointing. The Allay is the only one that's gotten universal positive reception so far, and even that one winning came at the cost of the other Mob concepts being either abandoned or shelved.

Honestly, while I'm sure they want to save themselves some work, I don't understand why they feel the need to shelve the ideas or just forget about them instead of just, you know, adding them in future updates instead. The Mob Votes are just a bad idea at this point, and have been since the second Mob Vote.
Yeah, if they actually, ya know, added in the losers in the future and treat the Mob vote more as a "We'll add this mob in NOW, and the others will come later", that'd be one thing.

But we're what, 4 votes in, and none of the prior mobs have ever been added, despite giving a "Maybe later!" response.

I feel like basing them on real animals is what's caused the most grief this time. The fact that penguins are just, probably off the table now is a huge feels bad.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah, if they actually, ya know, added in the losers in the future and treat the Mob vote more as a "We'll add this mob in NOW, and the others will come later", that'd be one thing.
At the very least, they should've kept the loser mobs' models/textures in the game data for modders to make their job easier.

Granted, that'd be less helpful for Bedrock, and this already exists, but it'd be better than "maybe later" giving Valve Time a run for its money.

Shroob

Sup?
At the very least, they should've kept the loser mobs' models/textures in the game data for modders to make their job easier.

Granted, that'd be less helpful for Bedrock, and this already exists, but it'd be better than "maybe later" giving Valve Time a run for its money.
I feel like this mob vote really was a boiling point, though whether the pot's boiled over yet is to be seen.

Basing the mob on magical made up fantasy creatures is one thing, but imagine if this had been something like dogs versus cats, it would have been BRUTAL.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I mean, is it?
Boycotting because your favorite mob or biome didn't make it? No I'd say it is.

This is a video game. If you're boycotting because a free addition to your video game wasn't picked by the majority, you're weak and likely **** in public bathrooms.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Meanwhile, the chat spamming #STOPMOBVOTE or whatever that is.

The whole boycott thing is stupid, good thing Mojang didn't care about that propaganda mess.
It really isn't, though. You're basing what entire ideas and concepts should be added on what some players are convinced will be the best idea, then throwing so many cool and helpful ideas for new Mobs down the drain

The Beast of the Ocean Depths, the Great Hunger, the Wildfire/Hovering Inferno, Crocodile, Deer, Pink Dolphin, Icelodger, Moobloom, Copper Golem, Tuff Golem, Penguin and Crab in particular were all especially great ideas and concepts that had a lot of potential. And because the community voted for a concept Mob and weren't entirely sure how it would turn out, the results of the winning Mob have been mixed in execution, and all of those Mob ideas and more have been shelved for the foreseeable future at best or cancelled permanently at worst unless the developers listen to the community and the backlash towards the votes.

The Mob Votes are just poorly handled in general, and fans are getting sick of how they're handled as well as the fact that so many Mobs are basically being tossed down the drain in the process. Fans have good reason for wanting Mojang to pick up the old Mob ideas or at least not do any future Mob Votes.

Shroob

Sup?
Boycotting because your favorite mob or biome didn't make it? No I'd say it is.

This is a video game. If you're boycotting because a free addition to your video game wasn't picked by the majority, you're weak and likely **** in public bathrooms.
I feel like it's perfectly fair to not vote if you're not happy with the vote in question.

I'm American, I'd know. :nifty:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Have they done an area like Switzerland in the Pokemon games? I'd say an area like that would be beautiful in a Pokemon game, Alps and all.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I could see a Middle Eastern desert area causing controversy if that were in a Pokemon game as a region.

Speaking of deserts, how about Southwest USA as a region for Pokemon, as in the Wild, Wild West?

Shroob

Sup?
I could see a Middle Eastern desert area causing controversy if that were in a Pokemon game as a region.

Speaking of deserts, how about Southwest USA as a region for Pokemon, as in the Wild, Wild West?
We kinda already got that with Orre. Orre is based on Arizona/New Mexico iirc.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I think they’ve done a decent job of representing each country and their cultures in recent years.

The real problem will come with how people react to a Pokémon game where most of the characters are black :nifty:
They're gonna make the protags white and its over.
We kinda already got that with Orre. Orre is based on Arizona/New Mexico iirc.
Miror B has been building a meth empire in the games he was away

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I feel like the first Mob Vote was a novel concept and a legitimate contest, but a waste of potential even still, and that each of the future Mob Votes became increasingly unnecessary and poorly thought out.

So much wasted potential from the Mobs that don't win the vote with each one. And concerning the Mobs that did win, the Phantom and Glow Squid have gotten mixed reception at best, and the Sniffer, while kind of cute in a weird way, doesn't do much and is largely considered disappointing. Pandas and the Allay are the only ones that gotten universal positive reception so far, and even those ones winning came at the cost of the other Mob concepts being either abandoned or shelved.

Honestly, while I'm sure the developers want to save themselves some work, I don't understand why they feel the need to shelve the ideas or just forget about them instead of just, you know, adding them in future updates instead. The Mob Votes are just a bad idea at this point, and have been since the second Mob Vote.

But we're what, 4 votes in, and none of the prior mobs have ever been added, despite giving a "Maybe later!" response.

I feel like basing them on real animals is what's caused the most grief this time. The fact that penguins are just, probably off the table now is a huge feels bad.

Kingbdogz made a twitter thread about the work they do and why they don't add all 3, and I think in another tweet it was said they don't control how the mob votes work, they can only pass along the feedback it gets. To me, it feels like it's just what the higherups want for marketing + getting input from the silent majority.

I still think they could add all 3, though, just in separate updates. The response towards "all 3" seemed to be based on people demanding them all in one update. It'd be nice if they just used concepts they plan on adding anyway, and just aren't sure what to prioritize; that's what the biome votes seem to be.

Currently, it seems like they just use undeveloped concepts for the mob vote (although, the Allay was an exception, since it was actually prototyped even if it was a bit different. Who knows if any of the other vote mobs were developed at all beyond basic design).

Personally, I think the boycott and war propaganda-style memes are too much over this, though I understand feeling passionate over it. I also get disappointed and a bit frustrated knowing the losers are unlikely to ever get added, with it being said they could be added "from now until the end of the universe" and all. Plus, they could be turned into a block or item. So, it could be a very long time before they're added, if they will be at all, and they could be something different. It just kinda sucks xD

Seeing the Glare get turned into a handheld light detector or something would be a punch to the gut.

It seems kingbdogz deleted his thread due to the attention a user was getting, but here's where he mentioned they don't control how the mob votes work:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The Middle East has more biomes than just desert, you know.
Yeah, I figured. Sorry for the assumption.

Colliseum/XD on the Gamecube.

Granted, they've never made mention of them in the mainline games so who knows if the Pokemon Company consider them 'canon'.
Oh, I see.

In that case, how about an all snow region? Or mostly snow region? Like Antarctica with more than just a snowy desert and icebergs, but with beautiful mountains and tundras. How is that?

Top Bottom