• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's a very common phrase if you're from down south or have connections from down south. Now idk where y'all from but it's just saying "have a great day" in a slightly more religous manner.
I'm in northern pennsylvania - not exactly southern. It could just be an above-average number of southeners that just so happened to show up on the same day. My first thought was that it was some sort of boomer "meme" - some facebook post tells them to say "Have a blessed day" and they all decide to do that.
Is it just like all the frat boy comedies foretold?
I thought I deleted that part of the post...

anyways, absolutely. all of them were 100% true, even the ones I haven't seen.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As someone who did the time, no. No funny drunken mishaps, no skipping classes, no fight and fallout with my friends, and no hot white girl who's name starts with J.

But them again I was the nerdy black dude who went to a PWI so I wasn't the protagonist, I was the token.
You should've leeched off your main white protagonist friend's romantic success and hooked up with his girlfriend's obligatory black friend.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So you saying Ive apparently been a southern girl for all of 29 years?
That is correct.
You should've leeched off your main white protagonist friend's romantic success and hooked up with his girlfriend's obligatory black friend.
She didn't have one iirc, by movie law that would make me the Token Black virgin that tries to rizz random ladies, and that skill I did pick up. Since you'll be entering soon and will be in my position, here's what I did to succeed:

1. Internally go, "Damn she's hot".
  2. Do nothing
  3. Do nothing
  4. Watch her walk away
  5. Do nothing

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Finally saw the first 2 episodes of Ashoka

It feels remarkably like a continuation of Rebels, You can watch it without having finished Rebels but it really helps.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
BTW I'm addicted to fallout 76. I became the enemy. Forgive me.
it's okay

I'm currently hooked on a Bethesda-published game I thought I wouldn't be

seriously this remaster's even better than Quake I's and this is coming from someone who prefers that

KillerCage

Smash Master
Finally saw the first 2 episodes of Ashoka

It feels remarkably like a continuation of Rebels, You can watch it without having finished Rebels but it really helps.
Were you taken aback by the map being identical to the one in Treasure Planet?

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Speaking of commissions. I got good and bad news back today.

Good News: One pending commission is looking amazing. I hope it does as well as the previous commission I requested as the artist is really polite and deserves more attention. I can't praise their artwork enough.

Bad News: I found out that one of the artists I regularly commission had their bank/Paypal information hacked into. Thank goodness they like asking for payment after the sketches are delivered. If I had paid upfront, the hackers would have stolen the money I owe to them as well. 😥

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know what it is but there's just something about Mortal Kombat (2011) that makes it stand up from the other post-games.

Maybe its the roster consisting of mostly characters from Mortal Kombat 1-3, just gives it that balanced feeling.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, everyone knows the equivalent ia Smells like Teen Spirit. Performed by a rock band, hit the souls of the white youth, and gets sucked off by r/music even though they aren't even the best songs of their respective bands.
White guy born in Washington 1991 here. I heard "Baby Got Back" before I heard of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit" :yoshi:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's late but have some Real True Facts with Skeletor on this fine evening
View attachment 376763
I mean, both songs have different vibes, were received differently when released, one was a project Queen seemed real proud of whereas Britney made her debut with the other, I honestly can't see what the point you're trying to make it, that they're both considered classics?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Going to be out playing Pokemon Go while the Fest is going on this weekend. If anyone wants me to send them a Raid invite, feel free to let me know.

I'll definitely going after Carbink for PvP candy and shiny hunting Goomy. I only need Pachirisu to have all of the non-event Sinnoh Pokemon.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I mean, both songs have different vibes, were received differently when released, one was a project Queen seemed real proud of whereas Britney made her debut with the other, I honestly can't see what the point you're trying to make it, that they're both considered classics?
They're obviously different in genres and tones. I'm not about to say BOMT is as good as BR, like, even a filthy gen-Z-er like me has to respect BR wholeheartedly.

What I mean is, while BR is one of the best rock songs ever made, BOMT is one of the best POP songs ever made. I'm speaking as them as overall representations of their different styles of music. Plus their decades.

And since someone mentioned Smells Like Teen Spirit, that's definitely the 90s rock equivalent of BR. Also a stone-cold classic

Anyway...Big Man is gonna crush the next Splatfest. We all know this

Shroob

Sup?
So anyway, I finally got to see the Mario movie today and

Wow.

I'm not entirely sure how to feel.

It wasn't a bad movie by any means, and all the little references and whatnot got me to chuckle or point here or there but

MAN, the movie just runs at a mile a minute and gives ZERO downtime. It felt like the movie was just all gas and didn't give any time to breathe.

Not a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination, I enjoyed it, but holy **** slow down, you're giving me sensory overload.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Wow.

It wasn't a bad movie by any means, and all the little references and whatnot got me to chuckle or point here or there but

MAN, the movie just runs at a mile a minute and gives ZERO downtime. It felt like the movie was just all gas and didn't give any time to breathe.

Not a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination, I enjoyed it, but holy **** slow down, you're giving me sensory overload.
I can't tell if that was the fault of Nintendo meddling or Illumination filmmaking.

Either way I hope we get a bit more downtime in the sequel.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Wow.

I can't tell if that was the fault of Nintendo meddling or Illumination filmmaking.

Either way I hope we get a bit more downtime in the sequel.
Who would've guessed that Sonic movies would be slower and character oriented while Mario movie would be the one that's high-speed action-filled roller coaster of a film?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I keep flip flopping between my main protagonist being a kid and the deuteragonist being a sort of older sibling figure, and vice versa.

This is tricky :090:
Either way they’ll probably both be pretty central characters to the show. Just write with both in mind and pick the one that speaks to you as you come up with more stories.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a very common phrase if you're from down south or have connections from down south. Now idk where y'all from but it's just saying "have a great day" in a slightly more religous manner.
Heck, I'm from the west coast and people still say it here all the time. It really isn't that uncommon at all, at least in the states.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They're obviously different in genres and tones. I'm not about to say BOMT is as good as BR, like, even a filthy gen-Z-er like me has to respect BR wholeheartedly.

What I mean is, while BR is one of the best rock songs ever made, BOMT is one of the best POP songs ever made. I'm speaking as them as overall representations of their different styles of music. Plus their decades.

And since someone mentioned Smells Like Teen Spirit, that's definitely the 90s rock equivalent of BR. Also a stone-cold classic

Anyway...Big Man is gonna crush the next Splatfest. We all know this
Ah that makes more sense, though in all honesty I believe the initial reception to Bohemian Rhapsody being fitting today, Perfectly Adequate. Not bad, but not something I really wanna listen to, not nearly good enough to be the #1 song of the Top 2000 every ****ing year here in the Netherlands though

Oracle Link

Smash Master
View attachment 376742
Yo

Remember that really cool and really well done and really really long Deltarune video that went over Chapter 1?

Well if yes, part 2 just released.

Enjoy.
Yeah that video was one of the reasons for me to decide top add a Undertale video to my channel its even the first one with some actual editing! (its only 2 Pictures but still1)

It covers a weird Missing Thing (not what you think?!)

Top Bottom