• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not to sound heartless but death is a cycle of life. Sad as it maybe for some of these people to pass away, they lived a long good life. 99 is a good way to go all things considered. How many people gets to live close to 100?

Mourn them, no matter they'll always be remembered.

Those who pass away young, yeah that's a different story...

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I saw Blue Beetle, I liked it quite a bit. So I would recommend it. Especially if you like the character already, while it does have differences from the Comic, I think it stays true to Jaime overall. And it's one of the best live action hero suits of all time.

I also played a little bit of MVC2, which reminds me of how not good at that game I am, though I do like it.
Blue Beetle deserves more love. Hopefully it can pull an Elemental.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can't believe the only way to fight back against the establishment is to play a 2005 PS2 game.
We must kill the god of capital!

Honestly, I was talking about protesting the direction of the modern games but like... in one post you made me realize how ridiculous I sounded. That's not something you can protest. And it's a silly thing to care so much about. But why do I still have this deep existential emptiness in the pit of my soul?

Noipoi

Howdy!
We must kill the god of capital!

Honestly, I was talking about protesting the direction of the modern games but like... in one post you made me realize how ridiculous I sounded. That's not something you can protest. And it's a silly thing to care so much about. But why do I still have this deep existential emptiness in the pit of my soul?
Jokes aside I kinda get it. If a game series you enjoy moves in a direction you don't enjoy, that can be disheartening. One's options are either try to find something about the new style to enjoy, or just move on.

Every Pokemon game is functionally identical so that's not really something I have to wrangle with :nifty:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Jokes aside I kinda get it. If a game series you enjoy moves in a direction you don't enjoy, that can be disheartening. One's options are either try to find something about the new style to enjoy, or just move on.

Every Pokemon game is functionally identical so that's not really something I have to wrangle with :nifty:
Maybe someday someone will mod the PC version to play more like the classic games. Wishful thinking.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I can see the quality in the newer God of Wars, but the change into being an Action RPG with a closer camera compared to the Hack N' Slash still turned me off of it. If I was more into that overall style, I would care less about the changes. It's probably the same for me and Zelda as well, since I'm not a huge Open World fan, shifting more towards that than the Dudgeon Crawler is pretty meh to me.

I get WHY they changed it though, sales were slipping and the general audience at the time lost interest in Classic GOW. It's not like DMC where the gaps between games were large enough that Joe Shmoe would have an itch to scratch. You know what they say, Distance makes the heart grow fonder, or something like that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 If I may ask out of curiosity. What is it about the Norse Saga God of War games you don't like about them?
Keep in mind I haven't played Ragnarok yet.

It's the combat really. Having all of the cool moves being relegated to the runes meaning you can't just have access to all of your moves all at once like the classic games. Learning the move combos is just more interesting to me because it makes me really feel skilled when I actually pull all these moves off in succession. Plus the over the shoulder camera just makes fighting large groups of enemies a chore if you're using any weapon other than the Blades of Chaos, and guess what weapon you don't even get until halfway through. You can't even jump, every time you jump in the game is automatic. Which just makes for boring level and world design imo.

Plus there are just less toys to play with compared to the older games. In God of War 2 and 3 you get 3-4 different weapons to play with, all who play radically differently, as well as the additional supplemental magic spells and items you get in some of them. Kratos used to be able to just do so much and it made each enemy encounter feel completely different from one another entirely based around which weapons you decided to use and how good you were with them. Meanwhile in the PS4 title you have two weapons (three if you're being charitable and count bare-handed fighting) and while I haven't played Ragnarok yet I do know they upped the weapon count by a whopping one. That's not even touching on modern hack and slashes like DMC5 or the Bayonetta games, heck even the Dark Souls games it so clearly wants to be, in terms of the variety of weapons the protagonists can get.

And honestly it's kind of hurtful whenever people say that the gameplay needed to change, either to better support the story they wanted to tell, better suit "modern gaming tastes", or for the series to just "grow up" (looking at you Jirard). Because it honestly didn't. You can tell a deep and meaningful story in any kind of game. Heck you could still do the game in one long continuous shot, just have it zoom out more during fights. They didn't have to sacrifice what made the Greek era so fun to play in order to support what they wanted to do in the Norse era. and acting like they did just bothers me.

Speaking as someone who already related to Kratos and his story arc in the greek era, who has her own problems with self-destructive bursts of anger and not really thinking things through when their emotions are high, I actually really like the direction of the story. Showing that Kratos could change and heal but there's always a piece of that monster within him. Showing how he can still use his spartan rage for good. And from the thing's I've heard about Ragnarok's story it feels even more touching and I actually want to see where the story would go from here and where Kratos will end up in the future (and how he happens to end up killing other pantheons in the process). But all that good story can only help a game that I just don't think is fun to play so much.

When I say I want classic God of War back I don't mean I want Kratos to go back to shouting all his lines, doing sex minigames, and murdering innocents for extra health. I just mean I want the games to be the fun hack and slash games they helped pioneer in the PS2 era. Right now all I feel is abandoned. And alone because I hear almost nobody else who feels the same way about the gameplay of the Norse era.

Shroob

Sup?
When I say I want classic God of War back I don't mean I want Kratos to go back to shouting all his lines, doing sex minigames, and murdering innocents for extra health. I just mean I want the games to be the fun hack and slash games they helped pioneer in the PS2 era. Right now all I feel is abandoned. And alone because I hear almost nobody else who feels the same way about the gameplay of the Norse era.
1693107034847.png

So this is what they mean by Press A to Pound.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m just saying, project x zone 3 would be hype, but who knows if it ever happens.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think you are mistaken: "Raging Bolt" is a pseudonym used by Great Neck to help it sneak into RU and stop the dastardly Iron Mugulis once and for all.
So you too have fallen for the pro-Neck propaganda. Sad to see.

What if I told you Great Neck wasn't even a real giraffe?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So you too have fallen for the pro-Neck propaganda. Sad to see.

What if I told you Great Neck wasn't even a real giraffe?
How rude. Yes, Raikou is not a giraffe. But it always looked up to Giraffes, especially Girafarig. Upon hearing that Girafarig got an evolution, Raikou was so proud that it decided to grow it's neck out to celebrate - Great Neck was born.

Don't let Old Money's propaganda slander Great Neck's respect for an underdog.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder what’s a bigger challenge

Modding this website…or discord

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Go Fest has been solid so far. Have caught 14 shinies (8 of which are new), completed my Platinum Steel Type Medal, and have caught 27 Legendaries.

Thankfully Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza have had their catch rates significantly lowered (with 1/20 Shiny Rates), so they're easier to catch than most Pokemon in the wild right now. Of course, you actually have to complete their Raid Battles to get them. Kyogre >> Groudon > Rayquaza in terms of difficulty.

Was able to get Diancie through Research. Not great IVs, but solid enough and better than most Mythicals I've caught. 13/12/14

With Pachirisu down, all Sinnoh Regionals are obtained. All I need are Darkrai, Phione, Manaphy, and Arceus to complete the Sinnoh Dex now.

Top Bottom