• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wonder what’s a bigger challenge

Modding this website…or discord
I assume both have their ups and downs. Discord can be overwhelming at time with how fast it moves and the amount of widgets there are, but I assume that it's easier to act as rules and the tools avaliable to enforce said rules tend to be more black/white (removing content vs. Ban Points/Warnings). I think a lot of it comes down to general rules, how large of a Staff team there is, and especially behind-the-scenes bureaucracy.

I think I could discuss this topic for several hours, but I think that would derail the thread. Bureaucracy is definitely the biggest aspect though. It can both speed up, slow down, and offer transparancy or lack thereof. lol

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I’m just saying, project x zone 3 would be hype, but who knows if it ever happens.
It will never happen obviously.
I previously made a theory that say after the departure of the crew, years after PxZ2 released, Monolith Soft "killed" the franchise simply because Sonic fans throw temper tantrums when they see too much anime humans in their Sega All-Stars crossover games. It doesn't have fundamentals, but is fun to imagine.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking of discord modding there's a girl in the a-spec server I'm modding who's been posting really iffy memes that are pushing the boundries of the rules and I have no clue what to do about it.

She'd already posted something really gross and got off with just a wrist slap from the servwr admins. Which was probably way too light tbh but it was too late for me to do anything about it myself.

I also kind of suspect she's lying about her age but I have no way of knowing for sure. >.>

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I finished the Shibuya arc of Jujutsu Kaisen

It lives up to the hype, very excited for the anime adaptation since MAPPA is seemingly giving it the premium treatment and the fight scenes were already amazingly choreographed in the manga so this could very well be anime of the year for me

Gemini Elf

Child of the 1960s
Premium
Well, whaddaya know? My birthday is today! I become 62 years old and am glad about it! :ness:

ひとつ - bayonetta bloody fate
ふたつ - apprentice illusion magician. I still collect yu-gi-oh cards I believe look good. I'm personally constructing a deck based around dark magician girl and the magician girls.
みっつ - a lovely pair of black leather pants
よっつ - :ultpyra::ultmythra: amiibo

I was planning on dinner at a Thai restaurant--which is a 15-minute walk from where I live--but it is too ****ing hot to walk anywhere today. Maybe another time this week. I did get a lovely cookie cake, though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, whaddaya know? My birthday is today! I become 62 years old and am glad about it! :ness:

ひとつ - bayonetta bloody fate
ふたつ - apprentice illusion magician. I still collect yu-gi-oh cards I believe look good. I'm personally constructing a deck based around dark magician girl and the magician girls.
みっつ - a lovely pair of black leather pants
よっつ - :ultpyra::ultmythra: amiibo

I was planning on dinner at a Thai restaurant--which is a 15-minute walk from where I live--but it is too ****ing hot to walk anywhere today. Maybe another time this week. I did get a lovely cookie cake, though.
Happy birthday, then, Vestara!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Barbie now the highest grossing 2023 movie in North America, and is preparing to beat Mario worldwide.

If someone told me that Mario and Barbie would be the only movies to hit a billion…I’d honestly believe you and then take you out for a dinner party

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Barbie now the highest grossing 2023 movie in North America, and is preparing to beat Mario worldwide.

If someone told me that Mario and Barbie would be the only movies to hit a billion…I’d honestly believe you and then take you out for a dinner party
I mean makes sense, both are movies based on properties that transcend generations. Got lots of marketing too.

That said, deserved as I prefered Barbie over Mario

Noipoi

Howdy!
I find it really funny and sad that modders can make a game that has ALL pokemon in it but GameFreak cant

Small indie company
It isn't that they can't, it's that they won't.

For the short amount of time their small team is expected to crank out a huge open world game every year or so, they simply don't have the time to try and make every single Pokemon work. Especially as that number keeps growing and growing.

This of course could be rectified by hiring more people or taking more time to make games, or ideally both. But as long as the games sell gangbusters it won't happen
:drshrug:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean makes sense, both are movies based on properties that transcend generations. Got lots of marketing too.

That said, deserved as I prefered Barbie over Mario
yeah Barbie ended up being way too good compared to what most expected. It definitely earned its place at the top this year

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man if ya told me a Barbie movie would have made over a billion let alone top the Mario movie, I wouldn't believe ya.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Now, seriously, that “your mom” stuff IS starting to get annoying.
That is the first time anyone here has told me that

Now of course if people find it annoying I'll stop, but I don't appreciate immediately getting so riled up over it

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Now of course if people find it annoying I'll stop, but I don't appreciate immediately getting so riled up over it
Well, gosh, you need not to stop.

You could at least tone it down, even if by a little.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Well, gosh, you need not to stop.

You could at least tone it down, even if by a little.
Also, one other thing...

I am probably the only one who found that annoying. That said, by my awareness, there seems to be many here who like you making those jokes. I do not want to end up seeing those same other people disappointed in you stopping just because of the one guy that is me.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You do you, bro.

and I'll do your mom
Yeah, what Lamperouge said.

Plus, if I really wanted you to stop, Jondolio Jondolio , if I wanted you to stop, I would have been more extreme in my methods. There might be some evidence to the contrary to suggest otherwise, but believe me, I am not that kind of guy.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Look I just don't like getting yelled at. I could go over why but no one wants me to trauma dump so I won't

Like if you have any grievances with my middle school jokes like if they make you uncomfortable or they're not funny or original (which is the correct answer, by the way) then I'll gladly discuss them if you present them in a civilized manner, I like to think I'm a fairly reasonable guy and I don't really want people to dislike me. Just be polite is all.

This is one of the few places on the internet where I can say this and people will actually listen even though it's not that deep

Last edited:
Top Bottom