• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Today is pouring and thundering. Pretty much stuck inside the house. Don't feel motivated to playing any of my video games (Even though I really want to), but I did read earlier and might do so again. Currently reading Claw: Resurgence by Katie Berry.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'll see Meg 2 very soon with my siblings, ae saw Meg 1 together 2 days ago and it was ridiculous. So sequel time.

Them they go back to college. I would say they grow up so fast but no I'm the middle child, one will always he a baby and the other will always be old. Me? I'm perfect, as God intended.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I only wish they had featured kronosaurus...Though one could say those amphibious reptiles were probably a replacement.

Hopefully, Meg 3 depending on the success of 2.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I only wish they had featured kronosaurus...Though one could say those amphibious reptiles were probably a replacement.

Hopefully, Meg 3 depending on the success of 2.
I can see it appearing in a third movie.

Like how the first book had Megalodon killing a Tyrannosaurus Rex which wasn't featured in the first movie and that prologue ends up in the movie’s sequel instead.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Monday Charles Martinet retired as Mario
Wednesday Terry Funk passed away
Thursday Bray Wyatt passed away

August imma need you to stop ****ing around rn

D

Deleted member

Yo people, wanted ya'lls feedback on something.

Basically one of the persons Who worked on Sonic 2 The Movie's end credits scene has opened commissions:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Normally I don't pay or look for commissions as I didn't have a credit card or PayPal account to be able to pay artists... But now I do so I'm considering the possibility of doing It.

I talked It out with her, and she said she would be cool with my commission. This is the list of what would It include and prizes btw:
Screenshot_20230825-175907_Samsung Notes.jpg

I calculated that I would be able to get all the money if all goes well by January or February... But my mother came in and said that I really should talk It with friends and my psychologist before proceeding with anything.

So yeah, here's my question: do ya'll think It will be worth It? I personally would pay anything to get the closest thing to the childhood poster of my dreams, more so if I support an independent artist by doing so. But want to ask others first.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Basically one of the persons Who worked on Sonic 2 The Movie's end credits scene has opened commissions:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Normally I don't pay or look for commissions as I didn't have a credit card or PayPal account to be able to pay artists... But now I do so I'm considering the possibility of doing It.

I talked It out with her, and she said she would be cool with my commission. This is the list of what would It include and prizes btw:
View attachment 376738
I calculated that I would be able to get all the money if all goes well by January or February... But my mother came in and said that I really should talk It with friends and my psychologist before proceeding with anything.

So yeah, here's my question: do ya'll think It will be worth It? I personally would pay anything to get the closest thing to the childhood poster of my dreams, more so if I support an independent artist by doing so. But want to ask others first.
The question really comes down to if you have 370 dollars to burn.

In my case for instance. I have more than 400$ in my bank, but paying that much for a commission would kinda **** me up severely. I have more than 370, but that's not money I can spend frivolously y'know?

So if you can spend that amount and still be fine, I say go for it. If you've only got a little dough and you need that money to get around or pay bills or get food or whatever, then it'd be better to wait.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Meg didn't have the most original storyline but I didn't find it to be an absurd film.

Okay, except for the scene of it somehow floating underneath the water extremely close to the shore, with no one there also somehow ever noticing it until it was way too late. You arguably have to suspend your disbelief more for that one scene alone than you do for the idea of Megaldons surviving to the present day to begin with.

D

Deleted member

The question really comes down to if you have 370 dollars to burn.

In my case for instance. I have more than 400$ in my bank, but paying that much for a commission would kinda **** me up severely. I have more than 370, but that's not money I can spend frivolously y'know?

So if you can spend that amount and still be fine, I say go for it. If you've only got a little dough and you need that money to get around or pay bills or get food or whatever, then it'd be better to wait.
Yeah, I feel that I could pay It around January or February with ease.

My grandpa tends to give me 50 bucks for my birthday and 100 for Día De Reyes, plus I am getting 400€ from a beca (not sure how to say that in English) of which 100€ I can use for anything. So that's already 250+the 10 bucks I have on my bank account right now.

Add to that the weekly 10€ I get from my father, and the fact my parents promised to give me at most 100€ a month to help me out with stuff such as preorders or other stuff I want, and I feel I am well covered enough to afford such a special piece.

But yeah, all of this really makes one value the effort which goes behind art, the use of money and to really choose priorities. Makes me despise AI art even more because It doesn't require as much effort or quality and yet want to pay you similarly.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ooo! Richard Horvitz will be at a convention I'm going to next month.

Now the big question is which character do I want an autograph of? He has many of my favorites.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
--$$$$$$.gif

Yo

Remember that really cool and really well done and really really long Deltarune video that went over Chapter 1?

Well if yes, part 2 just released.

Enjoy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_9681.jpeg

IMG_9683.jpeg

…I’m sorry what was that last part…
IMG_9682.jpeg

oh wow…just that much more…****** please. Just give up the millions or else y’all gonna lose billions more

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alien Hominid is making a comeback through a remaster of the original HD release for Steam and Switch.

Loved that game when I was younger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I finally got nemona in masters!
6CC924AC-8AF3-4CF2-9AD6-02E2DDD8BEBB.jpeg

Got her in a daily and in the multi I did before. So that’s a solid start for now.

Now I can aim towards the anniversary units. Or at least the ones I want most because there’s way too many going on.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Would a PSASBR2 even be anything special nowadays? Like the whole appeal was that it's characters that constitute as "Playstation All Stars", but then Smash poached like all of their third party "All Stars".

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Would a PSASBR2 even be anything special nowadays? Like the whole appeal was that it's characters that constitute as "Playstation All Stars", but then Smash poached like all of their third party "All Stars".
Forget PSASBR2 man. I want Universal Studios Smackdown!

Dom Toretto vs. Littlefoot. Lol.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine the doubles: Curious George and Fievel vs. Riddick and Indominus Rex
Bruce would be such a fun character to play as.

I can already imagine the way he'd fight is basically swimming in the air as if he's in invisible water with bubbles surrounding him.

Quint and Burt Gummer would also be a hoot to play as.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

View attachment 376738

Interesting. I might want to look at commissioning them myself. lol

I should probably stop though, as I currently have 11 commissions being worked; including one from a Japanese Artist on Skeb.

To be honest, I only started commissioning artists earlier this year, and it can be kind of addictive to see your internal visions come true. The last few avatars I've been using are all commissions. So far this year, I've requested around 30 commissions.

If you've never commissioned before, I'd suggest taking it one at a time. Some artists don't always have the best communication with clients. Definitely look at their history, including regular text posts, and overall feedback on delivered commissions. Be sure to read their policies on edits and how the image can used once delivered. The best commissions I've gotten have been when the artist is also familiar with the series/property I've requested.

I've been getting a whole bunch of random artists sending me messages on Twitter once I started commissioning asking for me to commission them. Most do not have large art galleries or have prices upfront, and in one case, I saw using stolen art. So be careful of scammers.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes. It would be an entirely different kind of roster and game. And just cause they’re in smash doesn’t mean they can’t be in PSASBR too.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yes. It would be an entirely different kind of roster and game. And just cause they’re in smash doesn’t mean they can’t be in PSASBR too.
I mean yeah but I feel some of the luster is gone with them already appearing in a big crossover fighter, especially if the PS "stars" that are in Smash don't show up in a PSASBR sequel.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I moved into my college dorm yesterday.
I just had the weirdest experience. I was ordering pizza and when we were done, he said, "God bless" and then hung up.

What the f- I wanted a pepperoni and sausage pizza, not a catholic and pope pizza.
A few days ago at work, I had a bunch of people saying "have a blessed day" while they were leaving. Like, multiple hours apart from each other. It's no big deal or anything but it was weird because I had literally never heard the phrase before.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A few days ago at work, I had a bunch of people saying "have a blessed day" while they were leaving. Like, multiple hours apart from each other. It's no big deal or anything but it was weird because I had literally never heard the phrase before.
It's a very common phrase if you're from down south or have connections from down south. Now idk where y'all from but it's just saying "have a great day" in a slightly more religous manner.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm curious if all the negative reviews of Overwatch 2 on Steam are an actual sign that the game's not going to last much longer or not.

Or if Blizzard is actually going to bother taking the feedback seriously and listen to the fans otherwise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean yeah but I feel some of the luster is gone with them already appearing in a big crossover fighter, especially if the PS "stars" that are in Smash don't show up in a PSASBR sequel.
I disagree. First off, Sony has plenty of cool characters that aren't third party and I'm tired of people pretending they don't. Second, to me it would be like a Banjo situation for every single one. Yeah, they were in Smash, but now they're home. Back where they belong with their fellow PlayStation Mascots.

Plus if Astro's Playroom is any indication Sony is more willing than ever to license a bunch of their third party mascot franchises to celebrate their history.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is it just like all the frat boy comedies foretold?
As someone who did the time, no. No funny drunken mishaps, no skipping classes, no fight and fallout with my friends, and no hot white girl who's name starts with J.

But them again I was the nerdy black dude who went to a PWI so I wasn't the protagonist, I was the token.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's a very common phrase if you're from down south or have connections from down south. Now idk where y'all from but it's just saying "have a great day" in a slightly more religous manner.
Im guilty of going "god bless you" or just "god bless" myself

Does Virginia count as the south because I also use Y'all a lot too

Last edited:
Top Bottom