• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hate summer so much man, it should not be be this hot outside.
You in 3 months:
I'd rather be freezing cold then unbearably hot
Spring is better than both of those unholy ****s (Fall gets 2nd place however)
I’d buy another portable PlayStation way more than I would a ps5
best Sony can do is get you to buy a PS5 to then buy their portable but not really PS5 “system”

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This talk of Hack and Slashes made me remember that "Character Action" is a genre title that exists and we just sorta let it happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokémon masters anniversary is presumably the Kanto trip with the legendary birds:

edit:

they look great!

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokémon masters anniversary is presumably the Kanto trip with the legendary birds:

edit:

they look great!
They may be bread crumbs, but us Manga fans are eating well tonight for once. Am glad my wishlist came true.
Screenshot_2023-08-24-13-51-39-665_com.png

I'm glad I skipped everything but seasonals and Nemona this summer. Am sitting at 105k gems right now, which should be enough to get all 3 hopefully. The datamine has us at 19 new units, 8 of which are newly playable.

I don't think anyone understands how the new EX role mechanic will work, but it does sound meta changing again. I assume it means that you can change on the fly what type of EX bonus effect your Sync Move has for more customizable builds. There are a lot of units that would benefit from having a different Sync Bonus. Sync Nuke focused Strikers, Field Effect focused Techs, and Mega Evolving units all immediately come to mind.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They may be bread crumbs, but us Manga fans are eating well tonight for once. Am glad my wishlist came true.

I'm glad I skipped everything but seasonals and Nemona this summer. Am sitting at 105k gems right now, which should be enough to get all 3 hopefully. The datamine has us at 19 new units, 8 of which are newly playable.

I don't think anyone understands how the new EX role mechanic will work, but it does sound meta changing again. I assume it means that you can change on the fly what type of EX bonus effect your Sync Move has for more customizable builds. There are a lot of units that would benefit from having a different Sync Bonus. Sync Nuke focused Strikers, Field Effect focused Techs, and Mega Evolving units all immediately come to mind.
The update is wild.

19 units is insane, at least a few are in the normal scouts but damn I’m currently at 233 with no Nemona and no gems.

I kinda want the birds but ngl some of these other banners look really good.

The artwork updates are also Some of my favorites.

That new sync move feature could be a game changer. Hopefully we get a breakdown soon.

I really hope though that the gift gem drought is for them to go all in on special promotions and events too as we are going to need those gems.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
From what I hear the Ahsoka show is just average and not a masterpiece

I can now confidently say that it's joever between me and Star Wars for the next couplr years

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From what I hear the Ahsoka show is just average and not a masterpiece

I can now confidently say that it's joever between me and Star Wars for the next couplr years
I’ve only seen most people give it high praise (not masterpiece levels, but we’re only 2 episodes deep so far). So far Ahsoka has helped fill in a couple gaps for the ending of Rebels.

…and I know this doesn’t mean much at all, but it’s definitely the most colorful of the D+ Star Wars shows and is least likely to drop the ball like Secret Invasion did (…I’m still mad that they killed Maria Hill just like that)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
For those curious as to who the second person is, it is TikTok personality Khaby Lame.

Also… buff fish coming. That is all
I'm of two minds on this. I appreciate how varied all the collabs have been in the Chapter 4 battle passes. Chapter 3 was all Disney (Marvel, Darth Vader, and Indiana Jones), whereas Chapter 4 gave us a character from gaming (Doom Slayer), a character from a book (Geralt, although his Fortnite incarnation is far more themed around the games), a character from Manga (Erin Yeager), a character from toys/movies (Optimus Prime), and now a character from an animated Television show (Ashoka) and a... not character from TikTok. Even if I personally prefer the Chapter 3 lineup (I'm a marvel nerd), I hope future passes are closer to Chapter 4, so that everyone gets something and it's not a "winner takes all".

On the other hand, I have negative interest in Icon Skins so i wish we had Anything Else as part of the pass.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
From what I hear this is one of the darkest and wildest arcs in anime/manga history:
Reading through it right now, it had several moments that made me go "oh ****"

I've yet to start the new season but this trailer genuinely looks so good, looking forward to watching this adaptation once I catch up with the manga

Reactions: Z25

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not sure when I'll get around to watching Ahsoka, but here's a new avatar to celebrate the premiere of it anyway.

Ahsoka herself is still one of my all-time favorite Star Wars characters and probably the best developed character in any of the TV shows.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm not sure when I'll get around to watching Ahsoka, but here's a new avatar to celebrate the premiere of it anyway.

Ahsoka herself is still one of my all-time favorite Star Wars characters and probably the best developed character in any of the TV shows.
Ahsoka is my second favorite Star Wars character of all time, which is precisely why I'm gonna skip this show until I hear it gets better.

D

Deleted member

Leaker Pyoro states there will be NSO N64 news today.
Surprise Buck Bumble reveal
I personally find It highly unlikely, but I would love to see Star Wars:Shadows Of The Empire or Indiana Jones And The Infernal Machine on NSO ever since we got Goldeneye.

Both games have really incredible graphics for the time, and the Indiana Jones one has an awesome Monkey Island Easter Egg on the PC version:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ahsoka is my second favorite Star Wars character of all time, which is precisely why I'm gonna skip this show until I hear it gets better.
Yeah, I completely get that. Ahsoka's development as a character over the years was incredibly well done, and I thought her portrayals in The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett were great as well. With every other Star Wars show, barring The Mandalorian for the most part, having a decent share of flaws, and the fact that she's the protagonist this time around, I'm worried this series won't do the character justice.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, I completely get that. Ahsoka's development as a character over the years was incredibly well done, and I thought her portrayals in The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett were great as well. With every other Star Wars show, barring The Mandalorian for the most part, having a decent share of flaws, and the fact that she's the protagonist this time around, I'm worried this series won't do the character justice.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.
Honestly I've been very lukewarm towards every Star Wars show that's come out since 2020 and I think the magic is gone now. And putting my apathy towards new content of any kind aside, I'm genuinely afraid that Ahsoka's solo show might turn out to be a waste of time and I don't think I can endure that.
Unless this show is a genuine Star Wars masterpiece, Ahsoka's story concluded to me in Rebels season 2. That was one of the best things to come out of Disney Star Wars despite my mixed feelings towards the show as a whole

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly I've been very lukewarm towards every Star Wars show that's come out since 2020 and I think the magic is gone now. And putting my apathy towards new content of any kind aside, I'm genuinely afraid that Ahsoka's solo show might turn out to be a waste of time and I don't think I can endure that.
Unless this show is a genuine Star Wars masterpiece, Ahsoka's story concluded to me in Rebels season 2. That was one of the best things to come out of Disney Star Wars despite my mixed feelings towards the show as a whole
I can't blame you for that, tbh. I enjoyed Boba Fett, but I felt most of the villains were underused and that Boba himself didn't get enough screentime in favor of Mando later in the season. I liked Obi-Wan, but the writing for every villain that wasn't Darth Vader was underwhelming. and Andor was so slow early on that I just...couldn't get invested in it. Say what you will about the Mandalorian's 3rd season, it's the most consistently good live-action Star Wars show thus far.

I like Rebels overall, albeit I need to watch seasons 3 and 4, but Ahsoka's scenes as well as Rex's and Maul's are amongst my favorites in the entire show. After growing up watching and being invested in her character arc in The Clone Wars and being saddened by how it ended, as well as being uncertain if she'd ever even show up again, more so following Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm, I'm not ashamed to admit I outright screamed her name several times in hype once she showed up in the season 1 finale. of Rebels back when it first premiered. Her return to help the rebellion was one of the coolest things I'd seen from Star Wars in years. I was already enjoying Rebels back then, but I was way more onboard with the show from that point on.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Reading through it right now, it had several moments that made me go "oh ****"

I've yet to start the new season but this trailer genuinely looks so good, looking forward to watching this adaptation once I catch up with the manga
I usually avoid manga when watching a show without spoilers, but that sounds pretty promising. The first half was really good and sets the stage up for the rest of the story up really well it seems.

D

Deleted member

Trying to reorganize the placement in the house for my stuff, here's how It all looks right now:
Screenshot_20230824-234633_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230824-234704_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824-234730_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824-234757_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824-234819_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824-234849_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824-234913_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230824-234935_Gallery.jpg
I think if I move some stuff from the desk of my bedroom to the shelves I can fit the Daily Bugle and the No Way Home LEGO set. Although I need to find a place for the Batmobile and the Nintendo Labo stuff (the latter is on the plastic bag on the crystal desk).

The movies will be easy to put, although first I wanna marathon them all before putting them in their place.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Trying to reorganize the placement in the house for my stuff, here's how It all looks right now:
I think if I move some stuff from the desk of my bedroom to the shelves I can fit the Daily Bugle and the No Way Home LEGO set. Although I need to find a place for the Batmobile and the Nintendo Labo stuff (the latter is on the plastic bag on the crystal desk).

The movies will be easy to put, although first I wanna marathon them all before putting them in their place.
Incredibly based Disney Infinity Shelf

D

Deleted member

Incredibly based Disney Infinity Shelf
Thanks! I am really proud of said collection. I even have the rare unreleased Peter Pan figure, which is awesome.

Btw ya'll, I was able to organize everything shockingly fast, here's how It all looks now:
Screenshot_20230825-001631_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825-001329_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825-001403_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825-001447_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230825-001512_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825-001538_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825-001558_Gallery.jpg
Normally I don't do pings for this kind of stuff, but since I am quite proud of how It all turned out, and maybe people won't see this thinking It is just a reply to cashregister, I will do so as an exception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom