• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
When people say Frontiers music is good they're really just talking about the boss fight themes cuz like, there's no music anywhere else in the game :drshrug:
The cyber space stages are legit great, with the all cyber space challenge helping put that all in my head with the EDM style music andwhile I only remember Rhea Island, which sounds a lot like a Three Houses song to me, the DLC added a jukebox for when running around, the Open Zone Challenge song is real fun and the Guardian boss themes aren't bad either, Shark's theme makes up for the fight lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed

As someone who has still yet to play P3, I'm so excited for this to drop.
There are some interesting changes shown here compared to the FES version, some of which are inspired by Persona 5:

• Obviously, the UI is a lot more animated, particularly the battle menus and the critical cut-ins.
  • We also have All-Out Attack finishers now
  • There are more cutscenes
  • You can spend time with your male teammates, not sure if they are Social Links or not
  • The new theme slaps
  • It looks like you can speed up your protagonist while running around in Tartarus, presumably working like how it did in Soul Hackers 2
  • And most importantly, everyone got new outfits for Dark Hour missions?!?!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else find it kinda odd that Earthnound only has 1 Smash remix based on a battle theme? Like the rest are either field themes, Eight Melodies, or Porky's theme (not even one battle themes either).

On the note of Smash music, no KH music past KH1 (with one and a half exceptions) is a war crime.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Anyone else find it kinda odd that Earthnound only has 1 Smash remix based on a battle theme? Like the rest are either field themes, Eight Melodies, or Porky's theme (not even one battle themes either).

On the note of Smash music, no KH music past KH1 (with one and a half exceptions) is a war crime.
Tbh considering how ****ed US music copyright law is and how much 'inspiration' Earthbound takes in it's OST from western songs it's no surprise

KillerCage

Smash Master
When people say Frontiers music is good they're really just talking about the boss fight themes cuz like, there's no music anywhere else in the game :drshrug:
There is also the Cyberspace music Which is the only thing that made those levels tolerable
I don't know about you, but the themes of the individual Starfall Islands are great (if you put all of the movements for each island together).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh considering how ****ed US music copyright law is and how much 'inspiration' Earthbound takes in it's OST from western songs it's no surprise
I mean not all battle themes "sample" another song, we could have more.

Only thing I'm thinking may be a barrier is that I think Sony owns a lot of the soundtrack.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sony is launching Playstation Portal later this year.

It is a handheld device intended to stream games from your console.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I finally got It:
Screenshot_20230823-144446_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230823-144451_Gallery.jpg

Now I got every planned August purchase, and can watch the movie at home.

And in case anyone wonders: yes, you can use the Blu-Ray disc on a PS5, leading to funny shenanigans:
18a22a07a6d58-screenshotUrl.jpg

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Fallout tv show comes out in 2024 exclusively to Prime Video.

Is it just me or are there way more video game adaptations these days?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On the note of dedicated handheld devices, handhelds and such are significantly more powerful and lightweight then they were in he DS/PSP-3DS/Vita that I am surprised that companies haven't actually realize the potential. Like mid range is more powerful than a Switch and the high end stuff are just as powerful, if not more than PS4 and XBONE.

Sonic struck bronze, struck silver the next time, and then Mario struck gold. Adaptations are in, everyone wants to have the next Sonic or Mario.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I for one cannot wait for people to look at an adaptation of a franchise that traditionally has a lot of political intruige created by a gay man and decry it as woke nonsense because they see a black woman or something

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's really cool how dedicated handheld devices died for handheld streaming devices (not salty)
As a bonus, more details:
Device doesn’t use Bluetooth, have to buy specifically made headphones.
No Local Play or Media Playback.
No PS5 Cloud Streaming.
Has about the same battery life as Dualsense controllers.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
And in “we are doomed” news, Denuvo is now officially on the Switch.

Also, the art used for this announcement looks familiar… and AI generated.

IMG_7009.jpeg

Personally I can’t wait for Super Mario Wonder to use it and run at 10 FPS because of it!In actuality I am not happy about it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
On the note of dedicated handheld devices, handhelds and such are significantly more powerful and lightweight then they were in he DS/PSP-3DS/Vita that I am surprised that companies haven't actually realize the potential. Like mid range is more powerful than a Switch and the high end stuff are just as powerful, if not more than PS4 and XBONE.
I wouldn't be surprised if its because how powerful smartphones got.

Like, most casual players (one of the main buyers of handheld consoles) can just play games on their phones and as such, mobile games are getting more and more advanced.

Agreed that there's a potential here but I also can see why companies may think it's an uphill competition.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All I remember is that when I was fighting the bosses my brain would auto fill in Fist Bump from Forces. Except for the knight where I got Knight of the Wind from Black Knight. I still don’t remember any of the music from the regular game. Which is why I downloaded a mod for the cyberspace levels which replaces the music with the appropriate song from the level each one is apeing.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
All of my boxes in Violet are full

If I don't hatch a shiny Cetoddle out of any of these eggs Ima just give up

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's really cool how dedicated handheld devices died for handheld streaming devices (not salty)
Nintendo is the last bastion of an era.
Nintendo has basically been the only one to actually give a damn about handheld gaming out of the current 1st party trio tbh. Microsoft hasn’t really tried, and Sony gave up after a single flop.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo has basically been the only one to actually give a damn about handheld gaming out of the current 1st party trio tbh. Microsoft hasn’t really tried, and Sony gave up after a single flop.
Microsoft doesn't really need to try given that Windows comes with every high end tablet that isn't am Apple product, which in turn has the Microsoft Store which has nearly every XBox exclusive.

PlayStation... yeah.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Microsoft doesn't really need to try given that Windows comes with every high end tablet that isn't am Apple product, which in turn has the Microsoft Store which has nearly every XBox exclusive.

PlayStation... yeah.
PSP? More like RIP.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It has been announced that the Switch release of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will retain Charles Martinet's voice clips.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

PlayStation... yeah.
Valid points with Microsoft tbh. Game Pass, and the Microsoft store, going mobile was a genius idea. Even if Xbox sales go bad, they can at least make big profits off of having their games nearly everywhere.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
582 Eggs. All boxes are full.

Not a single shiny Cetoddle.

I'm done, I don't think this is a good use of my time

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Blah...yesterday, some dummy in the YouTube comments of the Disventure Camp Episode 6 premiere spoiled me on a twist that'll come in an upcoming episode.

Won't repeat it obviously, but I am very upset I ran across that spoiler. It would've had a lot of impact if I got hit with it without prior knowledge. :sadsheep:

Top Bottom