• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
not bad for the mobile game (Strikers has the better showtimes/highlights/finishers)
I have enough gatcha in my life and I'm kinda tired of P5 stuff even without this game but Phantom X seems to be shaping up to be a fun game. It's bonkers how they recreated P5 on mobile devices and it's interesting seeing another dev team tackling the same aesthetic.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What franchises do you guys assiociate yourself with?

God of War, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hilda, Kaiju genre (King Kong/Gamera/Godzilla), Mortal Kombat, Nintendo in general, and The Angry Beavers are mine.
Splatoon, Xenoblade, Final Fantasy, JRPGs in general, Nintendo in general, the PMMM verse, Silent Hill, most survival horror in general… hm. A lot more that doesn’t come to mind right now

if aesthetics count, the Cyber Y2K/Metalheart aesthetic early-mid 2000s forums and music videos had would kinda be it too

Whatever you do, dont be a Shesez
View attachment 376487
man, boundary break fell off… I’ve seen him acting petty over other stuff on twitter

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyway I always thought it was slightly odd that Polteageist is able to learn Strength Sap and Giga Drain by level up.

But if Poltchageist here using matcha to steal life force is anything to go buy I guess it makes sense. I wonder if Poltchageist was a scrapped concept for Polteageist they decided to bring back as an alternative evolution.

osby

Smash Obsessed
New pocket monster
They should do this more often, I love it when Ghost-types have straight-up ghost stories as their background.

Anyway I always thought it was slightly odd that Polteageist is able to learn Strength Sap and Giga Drain by level up.

But if Poltchageist here using matcha to steal life force is anything to go buy I guess it makes sense. I wonder if Poltchageist was a scrapped concept for Polteageist they decided to bring back as an alternative evolution.
I doubt it, considering Polteageist was made for Galar and leaned heavily into that game's British aesthetic.

It's more likely that they were given due to "ghosts absorb life force". Like, Strength Sap is mostly learned by Ghost types in the first place and Sandyghast's line also learns Giga Drain.

Last edited:

DynamicSmasher

Smash Cadet
Now watch both have separate Pokédex form entries
Phony form- This Pokémon is known to be used by losers and crybabies, it will drain its trainer's lifeforce in its sleep.

Antique form- This Pokémon is made out of Ambrosia, and is a true sign of power and grace.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have enough gatcha in my life and I'm kinda tired of P5 stuff even without this game but Phantom X seems to be shaping up to be a fun game. It's bonkers how they recreated P5 on mobile devices and it's interesting seeing another dev team tackling the same aesthetic.
even more crazy how some of the censorships are better, so the developers are doing quite swell

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
Teaser just came out...
OH HO YES!!!

We're getting the Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic all TOGETHER in ONE DOCUMENTARY!!!

This is what it's like if Walking with Monsters, Dinosaurs, and Beasts combined with each other.
Yup, I just found out about this!

So stoke. Dinosaurs. Ice Age megafauna, Permian life, Devonian life. :D

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
No way another dude just casually ran up on Doritos Pope's stage lmao
Get some proper security my guy

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's Disney Minecraft time, everyone!

Looked it up on the mobile version. Here’s who they added as skins you can play as:

Alice in Wonderland:
Alice, Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts

Snow White:
Snow White, Doc, Dopey, the Evil Queen

Little Mermaid:
Ariel, Ursula, King Triton, Prince Eric

Beauty and the Beast:
Belle, Beast, Gaston, Lumiere

Aladdin:
Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Jafar

Lion King:
Young Simba, Young Nala, Pumbaa, Timon

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
No way another dude just casually ran up on Doritos Pope's stage lmao
Get some proper security my guy
Can’t watch it live but I can see next year’s latest mockbuster.

Geoff Keighley and the Relaxed Security

Also I’ll be 100% honest, I thought this was a funny post until I looked it up.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ahsoka premieres today instead of tomorrow

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I always heard that 1995's Mario's Game Gallery was the first game voiced by Charles Martinet but it's actually the 1992 Super Mario Bros. pinball machine (though he wasn't credited or paid for it).

Long before 1996's Super Mario 64

Top Bottom