• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nintendo has the chance to do the funniest thing by adding Bill Clinton to the next smash bros.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel comics continues to confirm that they really hate Peter Parker

gave mans the Green Goblin sins after turning Ben into a villain

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I finished art for my "Spamiku"/Spamton Hatsune Miku concept's "BIG SHOT" and made the video with the music:

Credits:
-nini (I referenced their BIG SHOT FLP)
-Not Lancer (I referenced their BIG SHOT FLP, too)
-Adamant (I referenced their Power of NEO FLP)
-Toby Fox (BIG SHOT)
-Anamanaguchi (Miku motif)
-Lamaze-P (PoPiPo / Vegetable Juice motif + reference in lyrics)
-ryo (World is Mine motif)
-ika (short and quiet Miku Miku ni ****e Ageru motif used in one part (the mostly censored word is okay, but it's spelled similar to the alternative to "crap" so yeah))
-Ievan Polkka (minor motif usage in Power of NEO parts)

The thing replacing her right hand is supposed to be like Spamton's pipis arm cannon, except it's a water hose that shoots vegetable juice. I didn't have many ideas for a Spamiku NEO design, but I thought what I went with seemed cool. Normal Spamiku is chibi, too, so NEO has normal proportions (though I guess she looks sorta out of place among The Fun Gang. I think I made her a bit too big too lol, but I still like it).

The colored lights on her right arm are in reference to Miku's friends (the other Piapro characters; Kaito for blue, Meiko for red, Rin for yellow-orange, Len for yellow, and Luka for pink). I'm not really sure what they're supposed to be, maybe a power gauge or something. I imagined them being on her left arm, too.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The worst 2D Mario is Super Mario Bros. Special for the NEC PC-8801 and Sharp X1 due to running on really ****ty hardware.

Very different story if you're talking about the fan made NES port.

KillerCage

Smash Master
And in “we are doomed” news, Denuvo is now officially on the Switch.

Also, the art used for this announcement looks familiar… and AI generated.

Personally I can’t wait for Super Mario Wonder to use it and run at 10 FPS because of it!In actuality I am not happy about it.
Question: what is Denuvo and why am I scared?

KillerCage

Smash Master
DRM infamous for causing performance issues in PC games. It also sometimes gets flagged by antivirus software, or prevents you from playing games featuring Denuvo altogether if their servers are down.
And which games are known to use Denuvo?

Noipoi

Howdy!
My brain feels weird and I don't know why, like I'm running at a mile a minute but everything is also kind of fuzzy. Like I'm speeding towards something in fog so I can't see my destination
I've come to think that a strange, unexplainable feeling with no discernable origin is the body's subtle way of telling you that something big is about to change in your life. I've had sensations like this before, always before a major shift.

Or maybe I'm just a ****in hippie I dunno :090:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've come to think that a strange, unexplainable feeling with no discernable origin is the body's subtle way of telling you that something big is about to change in your life. I've had sensations like this before, always before a major shift.

Or maybe I'm just a ****in hippie I dunno :090:
If something happens I'll let you know and confirm your powers.

KillerCage

Smash Master
At least 218 of them. This page also lists games that got it removed.
Well $#!+.

I have Puyo Puyo Tetris, Persona 5 Strikers, Sonic Mania (Plus), Nier Automata, Doom (2016), Doom Eternal, all of which had Denuvo at some point with Puyo Puyo Tetris and Persona 5 Strikers still having it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Apparently the teaser image for the Fallout TV show was made with AI.
This one?
1692843054398.png

I dunno, I think AI would make some kind of mistake like one of the 33's being in the wrong font or being written as "333", or not having legible text on the right. Wouldn't put it past them though.

Top Bottom