• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
"Mario's post-credits scene sucks because we already saw Yoshis in the movie" is the dumbest argument against it and yet is by far the most popular :yoshi:
I mean… lots of people forget that there’s Yoshi the character and Yoshi the species and just treat them like the same thing. So I can see why this would be the discourse. Not everyone is a Zinnith.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Mario's post-credits scene sucks because we already saw Yoshis in the movie" is the dumbest argument against it and yet is by far the most popular :yoshi:
probably worse when they constantly compare his post credit scene to the mid credit scenes of Sonic 1 and 2

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I mean… lots of people forget that there’s Yoshi the character and Yoshi the species and just treat them like the same thing. So I can see why this would be the discourse. Not everyone is a Zinnith.
I knew that back when I was a PlayStation kid. And besides there's more wrong with that argument even if it wasn't common knowledge the character and species were different. Apparently 3 seconds is all it takes for you get "enough of something" these days

And there are many bizarre standards these people have with post-credits scene that baffle me. Like there was one that said it resembled too much like Godzilla '98??....?????? Huh? As well as "it was closer to the source material so of COUUUUURSE Yoshi was gonna be in it" [i.e. I take this character for granted] and "Yoshi wouldn't add much like my faves WARIO and ROSALINA because he doesn't talk or something" [big assumption, also WALL-E and such exists]. I swear the scene could've been him directly confronting the Mario Bros. speaking full English, clearly deliniating that he's not "like the other Yoshis you saw" and hinting at the next movie and they'll still complain. I'd love to see their reactions to if it was Diddy Kong, someone who actually WAS in the movie, to see if those standards check out.

probably worse when they constantly compare his post credit scene to the mid credit scenes of Sonic 1 and 2
And yes, obviously those post-credits were better, but that's because of the execution of the post-credit scene rather than the character itself or even what was shown in the movie proper :yoshi:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I finally got a Kubfu. After leaving a Diamond Trim Furfrou in the GTS for like two weeks all it took was the extra Calyrex I had and a day later, boom, Kubfu.

Now the only mons I'm missing in my living dex are the Furfrou trims (Diamond aside), the Alcremie forms, and Zeraora. Those are not gonna be fun

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In Nintendo's financial report, the Mario movie was viewed by 168 million people worldwide and a box office of $1.349 billion as of June 30. Nintendo also confirms that they will continue efforts towards creating more visual content-related initiatives.

Star Fox please.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
one moment you’re just living, and the next…Rivers in the Desert

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I got curious about Nintendo sales report and gawd daymn TOTK is already the 9th best selling game on the Switch. Also something about Mario Kart 8 before the Switch news that I’m hella behind on
IMG_9311.jpeg

IMG_9314.jpeg
IMG_9312.jpeg
IMG_9313.jpeg
The Mario movie benefitted various parts of Nintendo's business, creating a halo effect that drove users to the Japanese gaming giant's products. Nintendo said the film supported sales of games featuring the famous Italian plumber, including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
It also helped Nintendo rake in 31.8 billion Japanese yen in June quarterly revenue for its mobile and intellectual property-related business — a rise of 190% year-on-year.

"The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom" was another big factor in Nintendo's bumper quarter. The latest game in the Zelda franchise sold 18.51 million units in the quarter.

Mario and Zelda pushed Nintendo to post a 26% year-on-year rise in software sales to 52.21 million units.
The Switch is definitely going to live on forever, unless Nintendo manages to find something bigger than a series of hybrid console gaming systems (…inb4 they find a way to literally transport you into video games)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
EVO starts tomorrow, which really crept up on me.

I've got most of the weekend off, so I'll try to keep an eye on Tekken and Marvel vs. Capcom, at least.

For reveals, I'm expecting it will mostly be DLC trailers for already released games (ex. A.K.I. for Street Fighter 6; not sure who to expect for Guilty Gear Strive's third season, though Elphelt seems weirdly absent) or character trailers for upcoming games (ex. a new announcement for Tekken 8 or Mortal Kombat 1).

The biggest question marks for me are what (if anything) will be revealed in the finals for Dragon Ball FighterZ and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Maybe FighterZ will just be an update on rollback netcode, though I'm really hoping for a One Piece fighting game in the style of FighterZ.

For Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, they've been trying to have a Marvel vs. Capcom game on the main stage for a few years now, from what I recall, though COVID and behind-the-scenes issues messed that up. Maybe there won't be anything at all and I'm getting my hopes up, though I'd love to see a Marvel vs. Capcom collection similar to what we got for Street Fighter, Capcom's arcade beat-em-ups, and various other Capcom fighting games, or a proper Marvel vs. Capcom 4. I'm aware that's wildly optimistic of me, though.

(If we DO get an MvC4, I really hope that the Thing and Ms. Marvel are in there - with the Thing, he could even show up in the reveal trailer to have the Fantastic Four logo lead into the game's title reveal)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
TotK has been a blast so far. Been doing plenty of exploring across all three sectors of the overworld along with story quests.

My only complaint gameplay-wise is that elemental arrows and Bomb Arrows are less convenient to use in this game, but that's mostly a nitpick. I really like the Fuse mechanic as it actually allows the player to craft their own weapons (something I felt was sorely missing in BotW) and means you no longer have to frequently hunt down monsters or wait for a Blood Moon purely to restock on weapons. With this and how it adds a great variety to weapon types and combat, it's much more convenient, fun and rewarding.

Gonna explore the surface a bit more before concentrating on story quests next.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In the UK it is illegal to have chocolate, the bobbies will beat you with a nightstick and spit on you if you dare break this law

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this song is gonna get Chris Benoit’d one day ain’t it?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's back but it wouldn't work for a bit.

Tbh I need to get off that bird Org XII app, it's just bots, bigots, and AI shills nowadays
As long as nintendo stays on there and my anime news places stay on there, Im stayin too because Im not going to Threads
Bluesky is code only which is stupid
Mastadon , i dont give a **** about
Wth is cohost

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
can Nintendo continue to Nintendo if it means we get more good games from them

dezeray112

Smash Hero
EVO starts tomorrow, which really crept up on me.

I've got most of the weekend off, so I'll try to keep an eye on Tekken and Marvel vs. Capcom, at least.

For reveals, I'm expecting it will mostly be DLC trailers for already released games (ex. A.K.I. for Street Fighter 6; not sure who to expect for Guilty Gear Strive's third season, though Elphelt seems weirdly absent) or character trailers for upcoming games (ex. a new announcement for Tekken 8 or Mortal Kombat 1).

(If we DO get an MvC4, I really hope that the Thing and Ms. Marvel are in there - with the Thing, he could even show up in the reveal trailer to have the Fantastic Four logo lead into the game's title reveal)
I look forward to EVO tomorrow. As for the reveals:

Street Fighter 6

They had recently revealed this exclusive comic for EVO and apparently AKI is on the cover which gives me the impression that they could either provide a small tease of the character or a full reveal (even though her release date is set for Autumn 2023 unless she was planned ahead of schedule.)

Tekken 8

So far, Tekken 8 has been playing rather safe with their character reveals with at least 16 currently being shown, it is likely that they will either show further character trailers that could be between Yoshimitsu, Steve Fox, Shaheen, Zafina and Raven based upon the CNT data leakor another story trailer.

Mortal Kombat 1

I think it is highly likely that there will be further news for Mortal Kombat 1 considering that it has got over a month left until the game releases.

SNK

I wonder if there will be further information on the new Fatal Fury game?

For Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, they've been trying to have a Marvel vs. Capcom game on the main stage for a few years now, from what I recall, though COVID and behind-the-scenes issues messed that up. Maybe there won't be anything at all and I'm getting my hopes up, though I'd love to see a Marvel vs. Capcom collection similar to what we got for Street Fighter, Capcom's arcade beat-em-ups, and various other Capcom fighting games, or a proper Marvel vs. Capcom 4. I'm aware that's wildly optimistic of me, though.
I do understand the importance and key role that Marvel Vs Capcom had played within the EVO scene and I still predict that there will eventually be a new entry within the Marvel Vs Capcom in the future. But for now, whilst I do know that Capcom will be concentrating upon the future content for Street Fighter 6, I would really like them to perhaps consider looking in to revitalise some of their fighting game titles such as Darkstalkers (which really deserves a long awaited new entry.)

Top Bottom