• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
I don't buy that that's the complete roster. And I will continue to not take leakers at their word until proved otherwise by official reveals.
I mean, something you have to keep in mind Snake is that they're basically having to rebuild EVERYTHING from the ground up, including the previous veterans. Assuming there's no cuts, which, we're not even sure about atm, and the what, 10~ newcomers, including stages and ****? This isn't the Smash team, they're nowhere near as big or have anywhere near the same amount of manpower of team size.

Shroob

Sup?
Just saying, would have loved a Nick Brawl that took itself seriously and didn't do characters just because of memes.
Let's be real here.

Like it or not, but Nigel is the perfect Wild Thornberries rep. He's like, the only thing that was ever relevant about that show, or the thing that people remember.

Hugh I give you that one, Hugh was entirely a fanservice meme pick, but if someone told me to pick a Wild Thornberries rep, I would have easily picked Nigel.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, something you have to keep in mind Snake is that they're basically having to rebuild EVERYTHING from the ground up, including the previous veterans. Assuming there's no cuts, which, we're not even sure about atm, and the what, 10~ newcomers, including stages and ****? This isn't the Smash team, they're nowhere near as big or have anywhere near the same amount of manpower of team size.
Ludosity don't even make the models. Game Mill does. So a separate team is "building" everything. And I'm still not convinced these aren't just the old models just tweaked and polished to make them look nicer rather than them being 100% build from nothing.

Shroob

Sup?
Ludosity don't even make the models. Game Mill does. So a separate team is "building" everything. And I'm still not convinced these aren't just the old models just tweaked and polished to make them look nicer rather than them being 100% build from nothing.
Still, that's basically a lot of work for who knows how much a budget. It wasn't a big enough budget to get Timmy in that's for sure.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Let's be real here.

Like it or not, but Nigel is the perfect Wild Thornberries rep. He's like, the only thing that was ever relevant about that show, or the thing that people remember.

Hugh I give you that one, Hugh was entirely a fanservice meme pick, but if someone told me to pick a Wild Thornberries rep, I would have easily picked Nigel.
I remember it as the show about the girl who could talk to animals. Maybe it's because the show was a little bit before my time, but I barely even remember Nigel at all. I could list the things I remember from it on one hand actually.

Shroob

Sup?
I remember it as the show about the girl who could talk to animals. Maybe it's because the show was a little bit before my time, but I barely even remember Nigel at all. I could list the things I remember from it on one hand actually.
That's kinda the thing. Nigel kept the show relevant. It was through memes sure, but he basically became the face of the show.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Still, that's basically a lot of work for who knows how much a budget. It wasn't a big enough budget to get Timmy in that's for sure.
I wanna know who screwed up where to make it so that Timmy can be used feeely in IOS games (Super Brawl and that Tennis game) and games of the past (the Nicktoons Unite games) and get mobile games made about him and everything and for Nickelodeon to own the core copyright and be able to make reboots and new shows all they want, but still not be able to use FOP content in console video games without paying some other third party company. I hope whoever signed that contract got fired because it's just not how these things usually work and the fact that this one First Party show has these weird extra rules attached actually kind of pisses me off. Probably pisses off some people at Nickelodeon HQ too, not being able to freely use something they should rightly own. It's ridiculous.

I guess maybe there's DLC and a potential third game but at this point I'm starting to get put off of all the corporate politics and budgeting issues behind these games. It makes it impossible to enjoy what they put out because it never feels like they've done what they should have done from the beginning because of problems that shouldn't have ever been problems at all.

Shroob

Sup?
I wanna know who screwed up where to make it so that Timmy can be used feeely in IOS games (Super Brawl and that Tennis game) and games of the past (the Nicktoons Unite games) and get mobile games made about him and everything and for Nickelodeon to own the core copyright and be able to make reboots and new shows all they want, but still not be able to use FOP content in console video games without paying some other third party company. I hope whoever signed that contract got fired because it's just not how these things usually work and the fact that this one First Party show has these weird extra rules attached actually kind of pisses me off. Probably pisses off some people at Nickelodeon HQ too, not being able to freely use something they should rightly own. It's ridiculous.

I guess maybe there's DLC and a potential third game but at this point I'm starting to get put off of all the corporate politics and budgeting issues behind these games. It makes it impossible to enjoy what they put out because it never feels like they've done what they should have done from the beginning because of problems that shouldn't have ever been problems at all.
I think DLC is the best chance he has, and truth be told, he's probably the front runner now that a majority of big wants are in.

Well him and Zuko I'd wager are the big two wants.

Shroob

Sup?
Lesson is: Don't hope for anything and never have any dreams. It will never work out the way you hope because other people just can't help but interfere.
It'll never work out the way you hope, but that's why you have to be flexible. Giving up the moment things don't go your way is quitter's talk, you need to roll with the punches and adjust your wants/desires.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think DLC is the best chance he has, and truth be told, he's probably the front runner now that a majority of big wants are in.

Well him and Zuko I'd wager are the big two wants.
I just want my Nicktoons Unite/Evil Syndicate ReunionMeaning we still need Timmy, Crocker, Calamitous, and Tak, maybe some TUFF Puppy stuff, Miko from Glitch Techs, and Gwyn from Star Trek Prodigy. And for no cuts. Oh, and Mighty Mouse. Viacom owns it. If only they would remember they own it. Also I think it would make sense to make Cosmo and Wanda their own fighter. I could probably build an entire roster, maybe even one of reasonable size if I tried really really really really REALLY hard. But my interests are clearly not in line with the general public.

Shroob

Sup?
I just want my Nicktoons Unite/Evil Syndicate ReunionMeaning we still need Timmy, Crocker, Calamitous, and Tak, maybe some TUFF Puppy stuff, Miko from Glitch Techs, and Gwyn from Star Trek Prodigy. And for no cuts. Oh, and Mighty Mouse. Viacom owns it. If only they would remember they own it. Also I think it would make sense to make Cosmo and Wanda their own fighter. I could probably build an entire roster, maybe even one of reasonable size if I tried really really really really REALLY hard. But my interests are clearly not in line with the general public.
I think you'll get Timmy eventually, but I wouldn't count on much more FOP stuff aside from that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It'll never work out the way you hope, but that's why you have to be flexible. Giving up the moment things don't go your way is quitter's talk, you need to roll with the punches and adjust your wants/desires.
IDK. I think it's mainly The potential cuts, Grandma Gertie, and Gerald that bother me. That and all the FOP legal drama. IDK, it's just the way people talk about the game and the vibe around it combined with how that affects the way the developers make decisions that makes me not excited.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At this point I'd be more concerned about NASB2 lacking local-for-me-at-least tourneys than Timmy.

Although I'm sure having the latter will help the former grow.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think you'll get Timmy eventually, but I wouldn't count on much more FOP stuff aside from that.
I still want to find out why the fop stuff has a licensee premium and "fix" that issue... with violence. I'm talking about using violence. My sister has been watching Bob's Burgers. I'm in a Louise kind of mood.

Shroob

Sup?
IDK. I think it's mainly The potential cuts, Grandma Gertie, and Gerald that bother me. That and all the FOP legal drama. IDK, it's just the way people talk about the game and the vibe around it combined with how that affects the way the developers make decisions that makes me not excited.
I mean, the Hey Arnold character selection is weird for sure, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Look at Ah! Real Monsters only having 1 of its three protagonists. As for cuts, ehhhhh.... at this point, there's no reason to worry too much about it. We're only missing like 6 characters and there's good enough reason to assume almost all of them are back.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, the Hey Arnold character selection is weird for sure, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Look at Ah! Real Monsters only having 1 of its three protagonists. As for cuts, ehhhhh.... at this point, there's no reason to worry too much about it. We're only missing like 6 characters and there's good enough reason to assume almost all of them are back.
Really hope that, if there are cuts, they add the rest back in updates or as DLC. Especially since some entire shows are gone from the lineup now and if that leaked pic is right we're missing the two most iconic turtles. That's not right.

Shroob

Sup?
Really hope that, if there are cuts, they add the rest back in updates or as DLC. Especially since some entire shows are gone from the lineup now and if that leaked pic is right we're missing the two most iconic turtles. That's not right.
The box art isn't the full roster. There's a ton of murmurs that Gir is a newcomer that's not on the box art. That and we've seen characters in the trailers that aren't on the box.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The box art isn't the full roster. There's a ton of murmurs that Gir is a newcomer that's not on the box art. That and we've seen characters in the trailers that aren't on the box.
Please let there not be any cuts. I can take Arnold's grandma if I'm not loosing anything to obtain it. I will sacrifice blood to achieve this outcom.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What about greco-roman temple sacrifices?
Honestly, with all the evidence we've seen, the only characters that were entirely MIA from stuff were Shredder and Toph. With all the new villains, I can't imagine that Shredder of all characters would get the axe, and Toph, despite being the worst character of the last game, is still popular.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, with all the evidence we've seen, the only characters that were entirely MIA from stuff were Shredder and Toph. With all the new villains, I can't imagine that Shredder of all characters would get the axe, and Toph, despite being the worst character of the last game, is still popular.
That's nice. I'll postpone the purchasing of a sacrificial lamb.

And hopefully I can get my Nicktoons Unite/Evil Syndicate reunion.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think the Avatar series within NASB needs to get a non bender…and although Sokka and Suki are there…I want them to have Asami be that rep. Aang, Korra, Toph, and Azula were all born in their natural habitats/kingdoms, so having Asami represent Republic City would be nice. Plus she’s a good fighter

Shroob

Sup?
Here's hoping I'm just being pessimistic about the game's playerbase for nothing as well.
As long as the game's more welcoming to casuals and the devs keep content flowing, that shouldn't be an issue.

So far, it seems like they've learned from the shortcomings of the first game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
As long as the game's more welcoming to casuals and the devs keep content flowing, that shouldn't be an issue.

So far, it seems like they've learned from the shortcomings of the first game.
Yeah well it has to be decently advertised too, and GameMill isn't gonna do that. There were way more "NASB IS DEAD WHAT WENT WRONG" videos than trailers for the postrelease content that should've saved it.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah well it has to be decently advertised too, and GameMill isn't gonna do that. There were way more "NASB IS DEAD WHAT WENT WRONG" videos than trailers for the postrelease content that should've saved it.
You couldn't have saved NASB1 to be blunt. There was no universe where the game was salvageable.

The large, LARGE majority of games sell the bulk of their copies within the first few months, and by that point, the game's already made an impression.

I know they worked hard to improve it, but as the saying goes, too little too late. By the time the game got all its touchups, it had already left an impression on the wide majority of people, and people weren't going to come back just for voice acting and whatnot.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
, it had already left an impression on the wide majority of people
And I'm afraid that impression is going to impact 2 as well. It's going to be killed by people expecting too little instead of too much, and I ****ing hate that.

Shroob

Sup?
And I'm afraid that impression is going to impact 2 as well. It's going to be killed by people expecting too little instead of too much, and I ****ing hate that.
I doubt that.

There's definitely going to be people who hold out because "Well the last game sucked", but like I said, as long as they learned what didn't work in the last game, things will fall into place.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
About as legit as Amazon posting the box art early can be.
I looked it up…definitely legit. Must’ve been too focused on Ember, Azula, Jimmy dropkicking Korra, and Arnold’s grandmother to have noticed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
how dare you duplicate on me message? Editing skills activate…uh…um…cowgirls amirite

Last edited:
Top Bottom