• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
You act like it was logical to have 2 turtles to begin with.

My bets for DLC is that we get me Krabs, a new series, maybe Timmy, and I think rugrats gets a new rep, then another classic character( Otis, ruddy?)
Hasn't Papagenos been saying that Hugh's 100% in, and he's not on the box?

I dunno how good his info is, but we've already seen a lot more characters via in-game footage that aren't on the box. Didn't we see like, several characters in the Squidward trailer that aren't on the box? I severely doubt they'd advertise content not in the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hasn't Papagenos been saying that Hugh's 100% in, and he's not on the box?

I dunno how good his info is, but we've already seen a lot more characters via in-game footage that aren't on the box. Didn't we see like, several characters in the Squidward trailer that aren't on the box? I severely doubt they'd advertise content not in the game.
It’s not the box art though. According to papa Genos, he believes this is the title screen. As he saw it about a week ago and was liking comments that got things right in his last video I believe.

But I didn’t mean the entire roster, I meant the only newcomers are the ones at the title screen. That seems the likeliest outcome as papa Genos said he has the t pose data and images for the characters show here as well.

So maybe no cuts, but I wouldn’t get hope that this is not the full base roster in terms of new characters.

Although Genos did say he has seen one other character not here, but isn’t sure they are playable.

It’s girr in a dog suit with a bigger model. But he couldn’t find out if it’s a costume or separate character from Zim.
View attachment 375467
Ricco Fajardo did an amazing job at Ferdi. Billy would be so proud
I’m surprised but glad to see ferdinand back. Billy did great work with the character and I’ve been trying to max merge his original version. It’s nice to see his legacy continue, even though it’s sad he passed away so soon.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Azula is in Nick Brawl over Zuko. Sure. Cause why do the logical thing and include one of the most beloved cartoon characters of the past decades with one of the most acclaimed and deep character arc when you can include his psychothic sister instead.

If I sound upset, I'm not, just kinda disappointed cause that's genuinely the only character I would care about if they got in

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Azula is in Nick Brawl over Zuko. Sure. Cause why do the logical thing and include one of the most beloved cartoon characters of the past decades with one of the most acclaimed and deep character arc when you can include his psychothic sister instead.

If I sound upset, I'm not, just kinda disappointed cause that's genuinely the only character I would care about if they got in
I mean. Have you ever thought of an easier DLC addition?

Shroob

Sup?

Honestly

NASB is really weird in how it chooses its characters. Like, the wide majority of them make sense, but then you got THREE Hey Arnold characters, but no Arnold? You only include one of the three Ah! Real Monsters protagonists? You put in Hugh Newtron over Jimmy first because memes, literally.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finished Secret Invasion. I'm surprised it was being called out online, I thought it was one of the better things they've done post-Endgame. I thought the actors sold it, and unlike a lot of the other TV shows, it didn't leave me thinking it would have been better as its own movie. It's tied with Loki IMO, as far as the shows go.

My biggest question is how long Ross had been a Skrull, as I thought he was taken to Wakanda at the end of WF to hide out from the US Government/Ex-Wife for leaking intel? Or maybe I'm misremembering that detail. I hope this is something they clarify in terms of overall timeline.

Skrull Rhodey I thought was a lot of fun, even if the spoiler got posted everywhere online sadly. I could really feel Don Cheadle channeling his Captain Planet persona a bit in his performance and that he loves playing the bad guy. While I would like to believe he was there during Endgame to witness his best friend's death, I'm definitely more excited to see Don Cheadle get the chance to star in his own MCU project with Armor Wars.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly

NASB is really weird in how it chooses its characters. Like, the wide majority of them make sense, but then you got THREE Hey Arnold characters, but no Arnold? You only include one of the three Ah! Real Monsters protagonists? You put in Hugh Newtron over Jimmy first because memes, literally.
With a few exceptions, NASB's character choices seem to be largely more based around fan popularity rather than their importance to their respective shows.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly

In terms of only having one ARM protag...they likely don't have the resources to do all three without making sure other shows are decently represented as well.

As for why I think Azula is there without Zuko, I think they want all the story mode bosses to also be playable, so whatever hypothetical "Avatar slot" had to go to a villain.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

It could be argued that Azula is a beloved character as well (from a villainous point of view). Helps that she’s got a graphic novel coming up soon, so we can see how ****ed in the head she fully is.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My brother's trying to convert me into playing a visual novel with its kickass OST and it's kinda working.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok what's going on with the Gunniverse?

Recasting half the actors, especially the ones that fans loved, but keeping the ones that got a mixed reception is one thing, but then hyping up a whole new cinematic universe but then not even going all the way by still having it connected to a universe that was recieved super poorly is another.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finished Secret Invasion. I'm surprised it was being called out online, I thought it was one of the better things they've done post-Endgame. I thought the actors sold it, and unlike a lot of the other TV shows, it didn't leave me thinking it would have been better as its own movie. It's tied with Loki IMO, as far as the shows go.

My biggest question is how long Ross had been a Skrull, as I thought he was taken to Wakanda at the end of WF to hide out from the US Government/Ex-Wife for leaking intel? Or maybe I'm misremembering that detail. I hope this is something they clarify in terms of overall timeline.

Skrull Rhodey I thought was a lot of fun, even if the spoiler got posted everywhere online sadly. I could really feel Don Cheadle channeling his Captain Planet persona a bit in his performance and that he loves playing the bad guy. While I would like to believe he was there during Endgame to witness his best friend's death, I'm definitely more excited to see Don Cheadle get the chance to star in his own MCU project with Armor Wars.
ross is a wild thing to think about. Because it’s glossed Over, even though it should be a big talking point.

Like have skrulls infiltrated wakanda, the most secure place in the planet? Was Okoye a skrull? If so, how did she get the midnight Angel suit?

Did Ross get switched with a skrull in the transport? Was he already one in BP2?

narratively it’s kind of a mess right now. Like the reveal should be impactful and reshape his past appearances, but it doesn’t. It raises way too many questions without a clear time frame of answers.

At least Rhodey is being basically confirmed to be one since civil war. But so far, Ross being a skrull seems to have no real weight to it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

You say that as if Azula isn’t also one of the most compelling characters in the show as well.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Zuko and Azula should've been a duo character like the Ice Climbers.

All their animations show that they clearly hate working together.
We already have the Angry Beavers for that (although I would prefer them being split, same with R&S)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mutant Mayhem is really damn good

Except for the Crisp Rat jumpscare and making Donnie an Attack on Titan fan

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's national girlfriend day, so I'd like to announce that I'm dating someone. No you can't see her, I haven't seen her either (different state, also from a different school and she's an in space NASA employee). But she exists I think, and I know Tinder would never lie to me.

This also means I'm leaving Smashboards permanently until we break up. Later virgins.
you jest, but this brings back memories that make me go oof

let's just say... those were some years of friendship i deeply regret, being used, lied to, all the drama i was exposed to

when you get to be around my age, you get tired of that crap real fast and value peace over everything else...

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You say that as if Azula isn’t also one of the most compelling characters in the show as well.
She is, but like. Everyone hypes up Zuko's redemption arc, it's one of the most beloved aspects of the show and is much more central to the narrative

Top Bottom