• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Paramount+ now has the first 4 TMNT movies (aka the ones that WBD made), alongside the 2003, 2012, and Rise series. So now all 6 TMNT theatrical movies are under their control

87 Turtles (and the Batman vs TMNT movie)…y’all next
When they will include Next Mutation?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yo Shroob Shroob and Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , you tried the new content in Lisa: Definitive Edition? Haven't yet since I been busy on my side, and since some time has passed since it released, figured I ask ya two now before I forget.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Paramount+ now has the first 4 TMNT movies (aka the ones that WBD made), alongside the 2003, 2012, and Rise series. So now all 6 TMNT theatrical movies are under their control

87 Turtles (and the Batman vs TMNT movie)…y’all next
87 has been spotted on Pluto TV (owned by Paramount) so it is only a matter of time before it comes to Plus.

Batman vs TMNT is a bit tougher to predict since Batman.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yo Shroob Shroob and Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , you tried the new content in Lisa: Definitive Edition? Haven't yet since I been busy on my side, and since some time has passed since it released, figured I ask ya two now before I forget.
Havent had a chance to give it a shot. My rabbit being sick took half my bank account🙃

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's national girlfriend day, so I'd like to announce that I'm dating someone. No you can't see her, I haven't seen her either (different state, also from a different school and she's an in space NASA employee). But she exists I think, and I know Tinder would never lie to me.

This also means I'm leaving Smashboards permanently until we break up. Later virgins.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Has anyone modded a Smash game to give Jigglypuff a Scream Tail skin?

Would be an obvious thing to do but I haven't seen any.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
and to think Cartoon Network could’ve had My Adventures with Superman, Unicorn Warriors Eternal, and Batman Caped Crusader…but alas…money problems lead to Adult Swim taking the first 2, and Amazon stole the bat
I think, after many years, CN City is finally going to stop having new additions built in to it, if you catch my meaning.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
It's national girlfriend day, so I'd like to announce that I'm dating someone. No you can't see her, I haven't seen her either (different state, also from a different school and she's an in space NASA employee). But she exists I think, and I know Tinder would never lie to me.

This also means I'm leaving Smashboards permanently until we break up. Later virgins.
Found your girlfriend

:troll:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When they will include Next Mutation?
when the world decides to die
87 has been spotted on Pluto TV (owned by Paramount) so it is only a matter of time before it comes to Plus.

Batman vs TMNT is a bit tougher to predict since Batman.
at best it could end up on both Paramount+ and HBO Max
I think, after many years, CN City is finally going to stop having new additions built in to it, if you catch my meaning.
is that a reference to the studio shutting down and merging with Warner Animation?
I don’t know if this real, but if the leak is, then the all star brawl roster is wild:
Very controversial
the 2 big topics about this aside…not Jimmy dropkicking Korra for no reason

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don’t know if this real, but if the leak is, then the all star brawl roster is wild:
Very controversial
As long as those aren't the only newcomers I'm cool with everyone here... ok the additional Hey Arnold characters bug me a bit...
You WILL remember.

The Incident

I'm a Danny Phantom fan and I don't know what everyone is talking about. What happened with Ember?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It might be a situation where using Ember in more things might allow the character to not be defined by the senseless tragedy.

Or it could do the opposite.
To be fair this is already a roster with two Ren & Stimpy characters, and its creator is...yeah.

Shroob

Sup?
As long as those aren't the only newcomers I'm cool with everyone here... ok the additional Hey Arnold characters bug me a bit...

I'm a Danny Phantom fan and I don't know what everyone is talking about. What happened with Ember?
Tldr

Ember Simp had a decently sized Youtube channel and even made his own series based around her with himself as a self insert.

Dude slowly lost his marbles and decided that he wanted to join her in the ghost realm.

So he decided the best way to do that was to shoot up his workplace, killing several people, and then himself, which he did.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_9233.jpeg

Imma sneak this in the overall Nick discussion, but…I’ll forever be a 2012 guy

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
when the world decides to die

at best it could end up on both Paramount+ and HBO Max

is that a reference to the studio shutting down and merging with Warner Animation?

the 2 big topics about this aside…not Jimmy dropkicking Korra for no reason
That and CN just doesn't seem to be much of a brand anymore. Like. Their new shows either haven't been groundbreakers, have been shifted to other networks, or use pre-existing IPs. I think eventually it's just going to get to the point where anything explicitly branded "Cartoon Network" will just be something from one of their legacy IPs. Anything new from the company's animation department won't have Cartoon Network branding or copyright.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Tldr

Ember Simp had a decently sized Youtube channel and even made his own series based around her with himself as a self insert.

Dude slowly lost his marbles and decided that he wanted to join her in the ghost realm.

So he decided the best way to do that was to shoot up his workplace, killing several people, and then himself, which he did.
I am pretty much at a loss of words hearing that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tldr

And that somehow makes her not one of the most popular Danny Phantom characters? It's not the character's fault.

Shroob

Sup?
And that somehow makes her not one of the most popular Danny Phantom characters? It's not the character's fault.
I mean, no one's saying it's her fault.

It's just baggage the character has to deal with, It's like how Porygon's done nothing wrong, but when people think Porygon, they also think "Oh right the seizures."

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

It's just baggage the character has to deal with, It's like how Porygon's done nothing wrong, but when people think Porygon, they also think "Oh right the seizures."
I always think that mentality is stupid. People need to think more intelligently than that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

That is a cover up, after Pikachu committed those horrid crimes, they threw Porygon under the bus, the poor guy got plastic surgery to try and build up a new life but ultimately went insane after being unable to find new work due to this framing

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You WILL remember.

The Incident

At the end of the day, this is still a fictional character we're talking about.

To me, it's not much different than people trying to cite random movies or shows with violence or horror in them as their reasons for committing crimes. Neither a character nor a movie shouldn't be ruined for the rest of it's fans because of one scumbag.

That's arguably even less justified because Pikachu (the series mascot to this day) was the Pokemon that they added the strobe effect for.

There was literally no reason for the baggage in this case had it not been officially pulled from the anime by it's own creators from that day on.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It might be a situation where using Ember in more things might allow the character to not be defined by the senseless tragedy.

Or it could do the opposite.
The first google search suggestion when looking them up is the shooting.

that is not a good marketing strategy.

This is the entire list pre DLC. Also leakers are hinting they cut the other two turtles for the two new ones.
Tldr

On top of this, it’s also the first think you get suggested on google when searching the name. They can’t be a good look for them. Other controversies aside, those are a lot less publicized

Shroob

Sup?
At the end of the day, this is still a fictional character we're talking about.

To me, it's not much different than people trying to cite random movies or shows with violence or horror in them as their reasons for committing crimes. Neither a character nor a movie shouldn't be ruined for the rest of it's fans because of one scumbag.

That's arguably even less justified because Pikachu (the series mascot to this day) was the Pokemon that they added the strobe effect for.

There was literally no reason for the baggage in this case had it not been officially pulled from the anime by it's own creators from that day on.
I think there comes a point where it's kinda impossible not to though.

Like, one of my favorite manga growing up was Rurouni Kenshin but

Well, finding out the creator is a convicted pedophile makes me not want to associate with that series anymore.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not buying it. I don't think they cut anyone and that decision about the turtles makes 0 sense.
You act like it was logical to have 2 turtles to begin with.

My bets for DLC is that we get me Krabs, a new series, maybe Timmy, and I think rugrats gets a new rep, then another classic character( Otis, ruddy?)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think there comes a point where it's kinda impossible not to though.

Like, one of my favorite manga growing up was Rurouni Kenshin but

Well, finding out the creator is a convicted pedophile makes me not want to associate with that series anymore.

In this case, it's an entire series that was created by a creep, so not wanting to read it nor associate with it anymore is quite frankly way more than understandable.

The shooter didn't create Ember. He only made an entirely fanmade series based around her that not every Danny Phantom fan had even heard of.

Porygon had nothing to do with the epileptic seizure incident and said incident didn't even involve any crimes, only a freak accident likely stemming from people being less aware of the condition at the time.

There's a fine line where the baggage crosses the line into being a fully tainted work of fiction, usually due the actions of it's own creator(s). The cases with Ember and Porygon aren't it.

Top Bottom