• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Dukefire

Smash Master
watching Sakurai’s recent video (the one that made people freak out over Smash’s future), I can understand why so many people don’t know how it’d be like without Sakurai

but at the same time such thoughts are worth being curious about
For one man that strived on creating a game that's friendly to all players regardless of skill level, it stand to reason Sakurai is the man that makes Smash Bros impossible ideas possible for 20+ years.
1000008274.jpg

Though, thinking about new blood ideas while sticking to original core ideas is always an interesting perspective to review. In the end, we all have to remember that simplicity (Kirbyism) is what makes Smash Bros fun for all ages.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
According to VGC news, Nintendo's next-gen console is reportedly planned for 2nd half of 2024, with development kits already with key partner studios.
  • Includes portable mode
  • Could launch with an LCD screen
  • Increased storage
  • Still accepts physical games via cartridge slot

One thing it must have to make it worthwhile is it to be backwards compatible with Switch. It would be absolutely foolish not to

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Disney has forsaken God and created a Pickle Milkshake

I tried it and it tastes like Mint and Dill, it is not an affront of Nature it is just weird, The PB&J Wings those seem like a real piece of ****, not spending 8 bucks for them lmao

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
According to VGC news, Nintendo's next-gen console is reportedly planned for 2nd half of 2024, with development kits already with key partner studios.
  • Includes portable mode
  • Could launch with an LCD screen
  • Increased storage
  • Still accepts physical games via cartridge slot

One thing it must have to make it worthwhile is it to be backwards compatible with Switch. It would be absolutely foolish not to
Hopefully they’ve been in Developers hands longer than just recently that way we have a little more 3rd party launch games for the successor because the Switch had…

Bomberman. Yeah I think that was it.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Hopefully they’ve been in Developers hands longer than just recently that way we have a little more 3rd party launch games for the successor because the Switch had…

Bomberman. Yeah I think that was it.
I assume the big Japanese partners have had them for a while, and potentially any dev Nintendo wanted to court to be in the token "see we get the mature third-parties too" launch-window role like Bethesda last time, and BioWare/EA before that. Maybe Rockstar or From or something.

The source in question is probably western, and probably got them later on. That, and when reporting on this, if you, as a journalist, care about credibility and due diligence, you really ought to corroborate with more than one source before publishing, so that adds to the wait to break the story.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I assume the big Japanese partners have had them for a while, and potentially any dev Nintendo wanted to court to be in the token "see we get the mature third-parties too" launch-window role like Bethesda last time, and BioWare/EA before that. Maybe Rockstar or From or something.

The source in question is probably western, and probably got them later on. That, and when reporting on this, if you, as a journalist, care about credibility and due diligence, you really ought to corroborate with more than one source before publishing, so that adds to the wait to break the story.
On that note, I'm kinda surprised GTAV isn't on Nintendo yet. I bet they'll fix that with the Switch 2.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
On that note, I'm kinda surprised GTAV isn't on Nintendo yet. I bet they'll fix that with the Switch 2.
I'm not that surprised. It's possible technically but to get the game to fit on a Switch cart, of which they'd have to use the most expensive format (which ups production costs), against Online being pretty compromised and more sparsely engaged - if not absent (which is where they make the most money), makes the investment seem less rewarding. And they probably don't want to do a cloud version or have the digital filesize exceed the actual storage of the Switch.

Rockstar is also pretty bad at compression on Switch, the trilogy and LA Noire are some of the Switch's biggest games, size-wise. Well, they didn't do the ports, but for the trilogy at least, they didn't seem to care enough to delegate to a competent dev, or allocate the budget to make it less rough.

I do think GTAV will show up on the next thing though. But then again, I don't think GTAVI will. I think Nintendo is just gonna have to stay one GTA behind. Might catch up on Red Dead, though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Someone went to EVO (or some tournament) to play Street Fighter 6…and they left their Chun-Li nude mods on during the livestream

you have to be real thirsty to have nude mods, and probably have huge shame to get caught with them in front of thousands…but that is pretty funny with how embarrassed they must feel

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not that surprised. It's possible technically but to get the game to fit on a Switch cart, of which they'd have to use the most expensive format (which ups production costs), against Online being pretty compromised and more sparsely engaged - if not absent (which is where they make the most money), makes the investment seem less rewarding. And they probably don't want to do a cloud version or have the digital filesize exceed the actual storage of the Switch.

Rockstar is also pretty bad at compression on Switch, the trilogy and LA Noire are some of the Switch's biggest games, size-wise. Well, they didn't do the ports, but for the trilogy at least, they didn't seem to care enough to delegate to a competent dev, or allocate the budget to make it less rough.

I do think GTAV will show up on the next thing though. But then again, I don't think GTAVI will. I think Nintendo is just gonna have to stay one GTA behind. Might catch up on Red Dead, though.
I have GTAV on PC myself, and on all low settings on 720p the game fluctuates between fitting in the Switch's RAM limits and going a little past it, so it'd probably force Rockstar to dust off the PS3/360 version's source files too.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Someone went to EVO (or some tournament) to play Street Fighter 6…and they left their Chun-Li nude mods on during the livestream

you have to be real thirsty to have nude mods, and probably have huge shame to get caught with them in front of thousands…but that is pretty funny with how embarrassed they must feel
Not funny, I was the guy

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Rate this take on a scale of one to ten.

90% of Cartoon Network original shows are amazing and deserve to be remembered.
I know nothing of modern CN, they could all be trash as far as I know. So 7 out of 10.

Also are we counting Adult Swim? Cause that might skew the numbers (take a guess which direction) :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know nothing of modern CN, they could all be trash as far as I know. So 7 out of 10.

Also are we counting Adult Swim? Cause that might skew the numbers (take a guess which direction) :yoshi:
Not counting adult swim accept for the 5th season of Samurai Jack I guess. Cause that started on CN proper. And maybe Toonami cause TOM has his own storylines and episodic events. And again, it started on normal CN.

But yeah. I haven’t watched much past Steven universe. I know people like We Bare Bears, OK KO, and Craig of the Creek. And I can vouch for Villainous. Plus there’s Infinity Train. IDK. I don’t think they’ve had a truly bad show for a long while. At most they’ve been unmemorable. If only due to poor marketing. I stand by the 90% number. Until I do the math I guess.

Top Bottom