• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
and to think Cartoon Network could’ve had My Adventures with Superman, Unicorn Warriors Eternal, and Batman Caped Crusader…but alas…money problems lead to Adult Swim taking the first 2, and Amazon stole the bat

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
and to think Cartoon Network could’ve had My Adventures with Superman, Unicorn Warriors Eternal, and Batman Caped Crusader…but alas…money problems lead to Adult Swim taking the first 2, and Amazon stole the bat
I mean technically it does just as questionable time slots. Still, Superman is popping off and I hope warriors eternal did too. But really deserve more attention.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Negativity bias is such a killer. Honestly not just in gaming discourse but online discourse in general.

People can get so passionate that some forget why they were passionate in the first place. Because video games are fun.

If you're raging about them all the time...it kinda defeats the purpose of playing them in the first place, doesn't it?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's part of the reason why I mostly play solo games now. A few multiplayer games I play are mostly pve. Like Deep Rock Galatic, which might have the best fan base I've ever seen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you're raging about them all the time...it kinda defeats the purpose of playing them in the first place, doesn't it?
Reminds me of college when my roommate would always play call of duty but also always scream, rage, and swear he’ll never touch the game again after losing a match. Rinse and repeat for two years.

To be fair, the riot shield and throwing knife combo was OP as **** for no reason. :nifty:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Does anyone else get kind of depressed regarding gaming discourse sometimes? It's all so negative sometimes.
As I said in the past that is related to this

Animal Crossing New Horizons is a good game when you don't have a little ***** in your ear telling you it's bad

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I feel like there’s a fine line between criticism and just ragging on something for the sake of ragging. With criticism you mention what could be better and point out the positives so it’s not just saying “THING BAD”

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Animal Crossing New Horizons is a good game when you don't have a little ***** in your ear telling you it's bad
One time I was on discord talking about ACNH and this one prick would not shut up about New leaf being better.

..well okay, it is better in my opinion, but I'm not smearing it all over peoples' faces. Why make yourself a nuisance when you could just enjoy the game you're playing and... not play the one you dislike?

This is why I'm an introvert. These people can't be reasoned with, and it's too bothersome to try.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
One time I was on discord talking about ACNH and this one prick would not shut up about New leaf being better.

..well okay, it is better in my opinion, but I'm not smearing it all over peoples' faces. Why make yourself a nuisance when you could just enjoy the game you're playing and... not play the one you dislike?

This is why I'm an introvert. These people can't be reasoned with, and it's too bothersome to try.
God ****ing damn it, i hate those New Leaf elitests. I love New Leaf as much as the next guy but it wasnt THAT great. **** the public work projects. I didn't spend all that time in the water just for a villager to tell me how much they love me and not give me a public work project

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Say they make another Smash game, do y'all think there's a character that can reach Sonic, Cloud, Sora, Steve, or Banjo levels of hype?

Like there's popular requests, but I feel like these where a whole nother level hype
Professor layton
All the hype qould be from me and the 3 other professor layton fans on this site but our hype will equal milions

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Negativity bias is such a killer. Honestly not just in gaming discourse but online discourse in general.

People can get so passionate that some forget why they were passionate in the first place. Because video games are fun.

THIS. I feel like this is especially bad with online multiplayer games.

It's perfectly normal to have criticisms, more so if you genuinely want a game to improve, but in the online game playerbase it often just turns into irrational complaints on a constant basis. And yet, a lot of these same players seem to continue to play the same game they supposedly detest and consider largely unbalanced anyway. Like, you either enjoy the game or you don't.

It's better to look at the positives, too, and if you can't find any, well, maybe it's best that you stop simply playing the game in question. Find and focus on other games you do enjoy instead.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Say they make another Smash game, do y'all think there's a character that can reach Sonic, Cloud, Sora, Steve, or Banjo levels of hype?

Like there's popular requests, but I feel like these where a whole nother level hype
Master Chief
Scorpion
Crash Bandicoot

And most important of all:

:over9000:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm very quickly growing disillusioned with my new job. It's not awful by any means, and there's a lot of positives too, but I dunno man. It's complicated. However, it took me so goddamn long to find a job that I'm very hesitant to just leave.

I start college at the end of the month, and I know they have programs to help students find jobs in or around the school. So I'm gonna stick it out for the next few weeks and then try my luck there.

Or maybe it'll get better, and I won't even want to quit anymore. Who knows :drshrug:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Vivziepop posted the titles for all the upcoming season 2 episodes of Helluva Boss:
S2E06: Oops
S2E07: MAMMON’S MAGNIFICENT MUSICAL MID-SEASON SPECIAL (ft Fizzarolli)
S2E08: The Full Moon
S2E09: Apology Tour
S2E10: Ghost****ers
S2E11: Mastermind
S2E12: Sinsmas

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'm very quickly growing disillusioned with my new job. It's not awful by any means, and there's a lot of positives too, but I dunno man. It's complicated. However, it took me so goddamn long to find a job that I'm very hesitant to just leave.

I start college at the end of the month, and I know they have programs to help students find jobs in or around the school. So I'm gonna stick it out for the next few weeks and then try my luck there.

Or maybe it'll get better, and I won't even want to quit anymore. Who knows :drshrug:
What job did you get again?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
oh God someone save me I'm actually doing the sponsorship thing

that sponsorship thing. no not NordVPN, the other one

...wish me luck that i dont suffer too much i guess
I'll wish you luck, but first, today's post is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends, one of the biggest mobile role-playing games of 2019 and it's totally free! Currently almost 10 million users have joined Raid over the last six months, and it's one of the most impressive games in its class with detailed models, environments and smooth 60 frames per second animations! All the champions in the game can be customized with unique gear that changes your strategic buffs and abilities! The dungeon bosses have some ridiculous skills of their own and figuring out the perfect party and strategy to overtake them's a lot of fun! Currently with over 300,000 reviews, Raid has almost a perfect score on the Play Store! The community is growing fast and the highly anticipated new faction wars feature is now live, you might even find my squad out there in the arena! It's easier to start now than ever with rates program for new players you get a new daily login reward for the first 90 days that you play in the game! So what are you waiting for? Go to the post description, click on the special links and you'll get 50,000 silver and a free epic champion as part of the new player program to start your journey! Good luck and I'll see you there!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I work at a Kohl's. I do all sorts of stuff, but I mostly handle unpacking the freight truck.

It's not bad, but it's tedious. And my manager is constantly singling me out for reasons I'm not exactly sure about :090:
Retail is hell, and your boss can’t cope with him also having a retail job in which he has responsibilities. Either that or he’s bigoted.

If you get forklift certified or any other kind of training, a warehouse job is the same with none of the customer service, a higher pay, and it’s usually quieter. Speaking from current experience, I’m $25/hr and I don’t feel like I’m doing $25/hr work most of the time.

oh God someone save me I'm actually doing the sponsorship thing

that sponsorship thing. no not NordVPN, the other one

...wish me luck that i dont suffer too much i guess
If you make one post about Raid then I deserve a cut of your high-ass payout. :iwatadirect:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

My biggest problems with new horizons were the holidays were much of the same and should have changed yearly, and you couldn’t place objects on higher layers or make paths and bridges on higher layers.

Being able to make a two story town or so, would be so damn cool and it was all right there.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finally saw the new Invincible episode

It had a really well animated fight scene towards the climax. It was also pretty good and stuff in general, can't wait for season 2
I really hope we get more of these in between stories. There’s so much to add to the characterization of everyone and this special nailed. Really set up why eve has the mindset she does in present day and is a great story about coming to terms with a trauma and expectations.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finally saw the new Invincible episode

It had a really well animated fight scene towards the climax. It was also pretty good and stuff in general, can't wait for season 2
I just learned that season 2 is being split in two, we're only getting four episodes in November

That's a shame

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Paramount+ now has the first 4 TMNT movies (aka the ones that WBD made), alongside the 2003, 2012, and Rise series. So now all 6 TMNT theatrical movies are under their control

87 Turtles (and the Batman vs TMNT movie)…y’all next

Top Bottom