• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love what we've seen of Toshiro so far. I still expect a bait and switch for him to join the playable roster but even without that he's really fun.
I keep thinking he’s gonna end up being a villain or misguided person to have a one off fight with
What riviting dialoge Kasumi. Maybe it would of been even better of you said nothing af all
we gotta let her cook real quick

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon presents confirmed

The part where it turns purple and highlights the m probably means something.
35 minutes? That’s like 15 more minutes then the longest presents iirc.

there’s gotta be some interesting stuff in here. It will be wild if they actually tease a unova game.
The purple M is interesting. Typically that’s Mewtwo related, but the neon color of the sign is a thing that Detective pikachu uses. But they feels too small to be made into a big teaser.

I am very intrigued.
Maybe the M could stand for

View attachment 375579

:upsidedown:
The glitching does give missingno vibes, but they would probably never be cool enough to canonize that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I see people saying the m is to hint the mewtwo/mew raid that was being speculated about previously. Which makes sense, but I’m gonna throw a wild prediction out there.

It’s also hinting at a new Xd/Colosseum type of game. With shadow mewtwo being the antagonist like in Pokken.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yup. That's a monkey's paw.
Hey, look on the bright side! We could find out how Skiddo could be the first domesticated Pokemon but the people of 1996 Kanto have no idea what a Skiddo is!

No but seriously, at least it won't stick to the original 151 if Legends Arceus is any indication.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

WE'RE SO ****ING BACK

Shroob

Sup?

WE'RE SO ****ING BACK
Read Hollow Night and got excited for Silksong for half a second there.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Does anyone else find it odd that there are no variants of the of the Aerocuda in TotK?

Not even sure if this qualifies as a spoiler, but the game's still fairly new so I don't want to spoil everything about the new enemies yet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the M in the Presents is heavily hinting at the Mewtwo/Mew thing that was datamined.

Damn shame you left it in the game's code.
Makes me think though, it’s gotta be bigger then we think if they are making such a big deal of it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even though the Presents will be longest one yet, reminder that also could mean plenty of time for stuff that isn't mainline related. We could sit through:
  • World Championships
  • Detective Pikachu Returns
  • Trading Card Game
  • Concierge (Netflix thing)
  • Unite
  • Café Remix
  • Masters EX
  • Sleep
  • GO
So yeah, we might need to test our patience with this one.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
NASB2 gameplay showcase came early than I expected but all I can say is

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
yeah that NASB2 leak is definitely official

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Even though the Presents will be longest one yet, reminder that also could mean plenty of time for stuff that isn't mainline related. We could sit through:
  • World Championships
  • Detective Pikachu Returns
  • Trading Card Game
  • Concierge (Netflix thing)
  • Unite
  • Café Remix
  • Masters EX
  • Sleep
  • GO
So yeah, we might need to test our patience with this one.
Well we know what masters is bringing, a tease of its anniversary and a big rework to the game.

sleep honestly probably gets skipped like they did leading up to it’s release.

unite is usually kept short, so is cafe remix.

world champs will probably just be “please watch, we like money”

I think a new mystery dungeon game releasing this year is fair game, or even early next year.

I also am betting they tease the Gen 5 game and that’s why the leakers have been talking about it, they have very likely seen the trailer. Same way legends trailer was sitting in leakers hands like a week before it released.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Seeing people think the presents trailer is gonna drop Missingno/'M stuff and like

Ya really think after 25 years TPC would actually acknowledge a glitch that they've either outright ignored or demonized as being harmful.

C'mon now.
TPC had the chance when the Virtual Console games had Bank support but passed on it.

As much as I really want canon MissingNo., they clearly don't care about its existence.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know im Losing weight
But look
That Popeyes spicy chicken
Look
Seen that they allow you to add cheese and bacon to the chicken sandwhiches now that's just straight fat.

I imagine you as a small demon on everyines shoulder and whenever they wish they had something, you show up and go "ya know its free if you steal"
Ironically, I don't steal. Least physically.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ironically, I don't steal. Least physically.
What about the ducks at the park? They are free. I have 20 of them in my living room rn

Seen that they allow you to add cheese and bacon to the chicken sandwhiches now that's just straight fat.
Oh hell, id feel so gross if I ate that

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
That sounds disgusting and yet I know I would probably eat it

Forget the gun violence and bigotry, the main reason I don't want to go to America is that I don't want to die of heart attack because of how little self control I have when it comes to food

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That sounds disgusting and yet I know I would probably eat it

Forget the gun violence and bigotry, the main reason I don't want to go to America is that I don't want to die of heart attack because of how little self control I have when it comes to food
Kinda missing out tbh, we may be a hellhole got some neat things that y'all should see.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
That's fair - Darkstalkers 4 would be great to see (I'd like to think that the success of Samurai Shodown over at SNK would show Capcom that they can branch out to their other fighting game franchises rather than mainly/exclusively focusing on Street Fighter), but I figure that there's going to be something MvC related if they've been trying to get MvC on the main stage for years now.
Adding to that, I would say that hopefully with the current success that Street Fighter 6 had achieved in terms of sales and reception as well as bringing in fresh faces of Takayuki Nakayama and Shuhei Matsumoto can give Capcom's fighting game department something to consider to potentially revitalise their long dormant fighting games within the future.

Speaking of Tekken 8:

Whilst I would certainly advise taking this leaked screenshot with a grain of salt, but this was supposedly found on the Tekken reddit page that seemingly leaked what is potentially some characters that were not revealed in which you can see the likes of Zafina, Steve etc. However there is a slight catch that could signify this image as fake if you look closely between Lili and Alisa's portraits.

As the Tekken panel for EVO is happening later today, if one of the characters revealed are similar to the leak image's portrait counterpart, then this could either make or break the leak.

Top Bottom