• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The prophecy has been fulfilled:
Grinch game the same year Geno returns, Ken gets a new game, Sonic DLC, and Incineroar probably returns in DLC.

My theory suggests Golden Sun comes to GBA online this year, Mach Rider gets something for MK8 Deluxe, and Banjo gets absolutely nothing.

Edit: Rhythm Heaven will be in the new Warioware

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
and as for Batman
I think for now, they are just revealing who is casted for Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane.

So I guess with their casting, I somewhat get the feeling and not going to be surprised if WBD decide not to have a presence at San Diego Comic-con next month.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Acti-Blizz's CEO Bobby Kotick has had active talks about the Switch successor and claims it's close to PS4 and XB1 in power.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean it sounds cool except those consoles released a decade ago. I just wish they made up to date hardware
At least the PS4 still looks pretty good. Like Spider-man has a visual glow up on the PS5, but both it’s games still look beautiful on the PS4

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1. These guys can’t keep Nintendo out of their mouths
2. idk whether or not this information is going to be helpful on the Switch 2…but I’d still buy it

Edit: late and…wow that was a very long load up

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It sucks but I have long accepted that Nintendo is allergic to having up to date hardware
It feels like their scared of having actual hardware after their one attempt at making most powerful console (GameCube) got destroyed by the weakest one one the market (PS2, which fun fact, was mostly because it doubled as a DVD player and iirc it was a cheap one too). And now they make consoles with dollar store specs which is very obviously holding everyone back, even themselves.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Literally all I care about is if It has exclusive games so I know whether or not I have to drop 400 dollars on a thing.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You know, I’ve been playing a lot of SF5 since the release of 6. I was going to buy it at launch but then my gallbladder decided to render me incapable of working for a month, so I’ve been playing 5 to pass the time and honestly it’s still my favorite.

And while I gotta say they brought their A game when it came to these crossover costumes, there were a few obvious ones that they didn’t do that feel kind of silly. The obvious one being a lack of anything Ace Attorney when a Von Karma skin for Poison would have made all the sense in the world.

But we can only hope 6 eventually gets on 5’s level when it comes to alt costumes.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's fair, but at some point support is gonna drop like a rock and I fear that's gonna happen to the next Nintendo console
Maybe, but at the same time this strategy has worked for years now for them. They get to make the most of last Gen software whereas most companies never get too during the actual life of that software. Allowing Nintendo easy access to making solid and well cooked games as opposed to fumbling around learning something new to the industry.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Nintendo consoles have flopped every other generation since the GameCube era. I'm honestly pretty worried that the next console will continue the trend and we'll have another NX situation cause something tells me the general public is not gonna care about a Switch with higher specs when they can still just play the one they have now

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo consoles have flopped every other generation since the GameCube era. I'm honestly pretty worried that the next console will continue the trend and we'll have another NX situation cause something tells me the general public is not gonna care about a Switch with higher specs when they can still just play the one they have now
If they call it the Switch 2 or the Super Switch, then there's zero issue, but since Nintendo is dumb as all hell they're gonna call it the Nintendo Swiitch

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If they call it the Switch 2 or the Super Switch, then there's zero issue, but since Nintendo is dumb as all hell they're gonna call it the Nintendo Swiitch
Switch U…Switch Me…Switchletric Switchaloo

D

Deleted member

Indiana Jones means a lot to me on a personal level. As a kid I grew up with the LEGO games on my NDS and Wii, the movies, the toyline for Crystal Skull, It shaped my love for adventure movies with ancient locations... And It did get me to collect LEGO in the first place:

This is It, the first LEGO set I ever bought in my life. I lost some of the pieces sadly so I can't complete It again but I hold a lot of value for It.
I love the franchise so much in fact, that when I found out I was non-binary I decided to change my IRL name to Jone not just because It sounded neutral enough, but also as tribute to the character who helped me shape my tastes and personality.

So, Dial Of Destiny had a lot to live up to. It had to not only close one of the greatest franchises of Hollywood ever created, but It also had to send off Harrison Ford and the legendary John Williams for a final rodeo.

So how did the movie feel for me? Well... I enjoyed It as if I was a kid again.

Harrison Ford delivers a phenomenal role, and the new characters such as Elisa (that's the name in the dub for Spain, not sure if that changes in English) are quite pleasant as the movie goes on, the first minutes of the film are amazing featuring a Young Indiana Jones which puts every single CGI scene from the Flash to shame. The villains were also quite neat for an Indiana Jones movie, classic tunes from the franchise Return and there are some cool cameos fans of the franchise will love to see.

The third act may remind people of Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull with how surreal It feels, but imo It is handled better and makes for some fun set pieces. Some may be weirded out by the fact Mutt Williams is dead from the war but I personally don't mind It as his actor (Shia LeBouf) is... Quite problematic so I understand so.

Now, there's one big problem I had with the movie, but I'm not sure if It is a strong one as I had the same problem with GotG3 and my cousin and aunt didn't agree: the pacing and length of the movie.
I feel some scenes do go on for too long, and while It is awesome to see Harrison Ford still sharing the spotlight with new characters, there were some moments when I said "uh, this scene still going?". Idk, maybe It is a me thing, but It didn't ruin all the stuff I loved from the movie. Also there's this kid character Who looks like LEGO Youtuber Just2Good and I just found It funny.

Overall: Dial Of Destiny isn't a groundbreaking movie and doesn't come 100% close to The Last Crusade which is probably one of the best action films ever... But imo It is a cool final Swan song to the character, a better one than Crystal Skull and I will surely rewatch It with my younger cousins eventually.

I give It a 6.9/10, close to Night At The Museum 2. And here's my ranking of the franchise:

Last Crusade: 8.5/10
Raiders Of The Lost Ark: 7.5/10
Dial Of Destiny: 6.9/10
Crystal Skull:5/10
Temple Of Doom:4.5/10

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Pokémon fans when they have to repeatedly heal up their Pokémon to save them from being 2-hit KO'd (the game is finally hard)

Anyway I beat Mela, Iono, Kofu, the Steel Titan, and Atticus. Team is -

Jabbanero the Crocalor
Oozaru the Primeape
Ado the Nacklstack
Capitalism the Gimmighoul
Toedette the Toedscool
Oodie the Girafarig

I pretty much have my final team figured out, only one of these is getting replaced (not saying who).

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Pokémon fans when they have to repeatedly heal up their Pokémon to save them from being 2-hit KO'd (the game is finally hard)

Anyway I beat Mela, Iono, Kofu, the Steel Titan, and Atticus. Team is -

Jabbanero the Crocalor
Oozaru the Primeape
Ado the Nacklstack
Capitalism the Gimmighoul
Toedette the Toedscool
Oodie the Girafarig

I pretty much have my final team figured out, only one of these is getting replaced (not saying who).
God I’m still debating weather or not to get Scarlet or Violet purely because I want to make a team of the new Pokémon because there are so many good ones. But you know me…

Noipoi

Howdy!
God I’m still debating weather or not to get Scarlet or Violet purely because I want to make a team of the new Pokémon because there are so many good ones. But you know me…
Just pick it up, and if you really hate it that bad (or if you got a particularly buggy copy) you can sell it later. No one's gonna force you to keep playing.

Top Bottom