• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would love a nicktoons unite like story mode. Those games were always really fun and the interactions really made those.
What they need to do is make a spiritual successor to Nicktoons Unite but Marvel Ultimate Alliance style. That would be ******* dope.

Hopefully Daggett and Norbert are added...Ha, ha, ha, ha as if though that'll ever happen...Nick being Nick...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What they need to do is make a spiritual successor to Nicktoons Unite but Marvel Ultimate Alliance style. That would be ******* dope.

Hopefully Daggett and Norbert are added...Ha, ha, ha, ha as if though that'll ever happen...Nick being Nick...
Why do you have this weird stance that the Angry Beavers are this sore spot? Like, Ah real monsters hasn't been relevant for 20+ years and it got in.

I'm aware that the show ended on not good terms but they still do Angry Beavers boxset DVDs.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Why do you have this weird stance that the Angry Beavers are this sore spot? Like, Ah real monsters hasn't been relevant for 20+ years and it got in.

I'm aware that the show ended on not good terms but they still do Angry Beavers boxset DVDs.
I'm just coping to avoid the potential disappointment they might not make the cut.

Plus Nick canceling it because of the unaired episode breaking the fourth wall. I don't know what it is but I feel they still have something against that even after over 20 years.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just coping to avoid the potential disappointment they might not make the cut.

Plus Nick canceling it because of the unaired episode breaking the fourth wall. I don't know what it is but I feel they still have something against that even after over 20 years.
If they did, they wouldn't get anything at all.

Bracing yourself for a lack of a character getting in is one thing, but this feels more conspiracy than anything.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Not only that, but every time I see someone wearing a 90's Nick shirt, it always has a beaver on it. Any grudge over Bye Bye Beavers is gone now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Archie and Jirachi lore update?????

This is a pretty great story idea.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
At it again with the art, this time I threw together a Vegeta sketch fairly quickly. Not my favorite, but it's an okay one.

Made a bit more progress in MUA3 since I picked up the game again.

Shroob

Sup?
Not only that, but every time I see someone wearing a 90's Nick shirt, it always has a beaver on it. Any grudge over Bye Bye Beavers is gone now.
I've been critical on this series in the past, a lot, but that's because I know it has soo much potential.

It's not a Smash killer like soo many people tried to hype it up as, but a Nicktoons fighting game is like, a childhood dream come true. NASB1 had a lot of flaws, and I'm cautiously optimistic about the 2nd.

New characters are a huge boon of course, now just polish the animations to not be jank as hell and try to get some iconic music, if possible.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Archie and Jirachi lore update?????

This is a pretty great story idea.
I was going to say that it's hilarious that Archie is the one to introduce Tate to Jirachi considering the Manga, but if another connection was later added in ORAS as well, that's another cool reference.

I wonder if the first part of the Galar Villain event will be in this datamine or be saved for next month?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was going to say that it's hilarious that Archie is the one to introduce Tate to Jirachi considering the Manga, but if another connection was later added in ORAS as well, that's another cool reference.

I wonder if the first part of the Galar Villain event will be in this datamine or be saved for next month?
I haven’t read the manga all the way, but in ORAS they have some big lore implications.

In Archie’s room, he has a photograph that you can interact with. It says Archie and j.I…hi or something similar to that. Implying he met Jirachi when younger and was actually very close friends with it. But it was never followed up with any storyline. Something masters is probably doing.
EDIT: here’s the text you get in OrAS

And I would say good chance we get the galar arc this time.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

isn’t that still just Nicktoons Unite tho? Since that game, like MUA and X-Men Legends, still allowed you to control 4 characters together. Other than the variety of characters of course (which was saved for the other 3 games…with only 2 players…very sinful)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tbh I just hipe for more 2000s and 2010s Nick representation. No direspect but I did not grow up with 90s Nicktoons so I have zero attatchment to/do not care for like half the characters on the roster
aaah I understand…more SpongeBob characters are needed

Shroob

Sup?
Tbh I just hipe for more 2000s and 2010s Nick representation. No direspect but I did not grow up with 90s Nicktoons so I have zero attatchment to/do not care for like half the characters on the roster
I don't inherently disagree with this take.

The roster is very boomer-focused, though I think NASB's one glaring thing right now, assuming the leak is true and a lack of more recentish titles, is that the boomer representation while good, feels incomplete.

Stuff like Angry Beavers are MIA, and Ah Real Monsters only has one its main 3 characters. Once you shore those 2 up, I feel like you're more than free to just go ham on 2000's and 2010's ****.

Stuff like Rocket Power, more Avatar, more Spongebob, maybe more Invader Zim, etc.

Hell, if El Tigre is actually coming, that's a kinda niche but surprisingly awesome inclusion.

FOP though is entirely up in the air. It's gonna be ****ty if FOP has to miss out because of licensing bs.

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly do think Plankton (w/Karen) should be playable in this game, though I think that’s good for the SpongeBob rep, especially considering the leaked character
I'd be surprised if he's not. In crossover games, Plankton almost always gets in over Squidward. With Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy and now Squid, Plankton seems like the obvious next inclusion.

As a boomer though, I'm more curious about if Ah real monsters will get anything. Ickus and Crump being mia feels soo weird.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't inherently disagree with this take.

The roster is very boomer-focused, though I think NASB's one glaring thing right now, assuming the leak is true and a lack of more recentish titles, is that the boomer representation while good, feels incomplete.

Stuff like Angry Beavers are MIA, and Ah Real Monsters only has one its main 3 characters. Once you shore those 2 up, I feel like you're more than free to just go ham on 2000's and 2010's ****.

Stuff like Rocket Power, more Avatar, more Spongebob, maybe more Invader Zim, etc.

Hell, if El Tigre is actually coming, that's a kinda niche but surprisingly awesome inclusion.

FOP though is entirely up in the air. It's gonna be ****ty if FOP has to miss out because of licensing bs.
I mean you can argue the 2000s representation is just as bad. Danny being the only Butch Hartman character, Jenny was DLC, we don't even have Jimmy despite Hugh being there I am aware that Jimmy was leaked though, and I know it wasn't as beloved but All Grown Up being completely ignored when it can be used to add some actual All Stars like Tommy Pickles. It's even worse for the 2010s, I think it's just Loud House characters and that's it.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
aaah I understand…more SpongeBob characters are needed
I'd be surprised if he's not. In crossover games, Plankton almost always gets in over Squidward. With Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy and now Squid, Plankton seems like the obvious next inclusion.

As a boomer though, I'm more curious about if Ah real monsters will get anything. Ickus and Crump being mia feels soo weird.
as someone who was OBSESSED with Nickelodeon and the concept of Nicktoons and Nicktoons crossovers since I was a kid, and who grew up in the 2000s in the era of Danny Phantom, FOP, and Jimmy Neutron… I kind of feel like I should just be quiet because I have some very specific opinions about what shows should get characters and how many (and don’t get me started on the idea of characters from the ad breaks or bumpers) and like I want to talk about it because it’s literally my dream crossover series, this is MY wheelhouse, but I don’t want to make people who approach the idea differently mad so I’ll just be quiet.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean you can argue the 2000s representation is just as bad. Danny being the only Butch Hartman character, Jenny was DLC, we don't even have Jimmy despite Hugh being there I am aware that Jimmy was leaked though, and I know it wasn't as beloved but All Grown Up being completely ignored when it can be used to add some actual All Stars like Tommy Pickles. It's even worse for the 2010s, I think it's just Loud House characters and that's it.
Oh yeah, NASB1 was pretty bad not gonna even pretend it wasn't.

But so far

Squidward, the other 2 ninja turtles, Jimmy, Vlad Plasmius, and maybe El Tigre is a good start for new characters.

I'm hopeful this isn't all of them, since if we're building off the last game, then this roster is suddenly bumping.

FOP of course is a big ?????? on if it'll be in or not. I'd be hopeful since there's soo many good choices for characters in Timmy, Jorgen, Crimson Chin etc.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Mighty B. Buzzes into battle!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Oh yeah, NASB1 was pretty bad not gonna even pretend it wasn't.

But so far

Squidward, the other 2 ninja turtles, Jimmy, Vlad Plasmius, and maybe El Tigre is a good start for new characters.

I'm hopeful this isn't all of them, since if we're building off the last game, then this roster is suddenly bumping.

FOP of course is a big ?????? on if it'll be in or not. I'd be hopeful since there's soo many good choices for characters in Timmy, Jorgen, Crimson Chin etc.
I still like Nick brawl 1 and play it regularly. I can only here people call it bad so many times before rushing too it’s defense. Could it use more polish and more characters? Yes absolutely. But I love what’s there already.

Also I have one piece of evidence that FoP rights might be fixed. They added Timmy Turner to that Nicktoons Tennis game on iOS in an update that came out AFTER kart 3 released. So maybe they’ve got the rights sorted.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still like Nick brawl 1 and play it regularly. I can only here people call it bad so many times before rushing too it’s defense. Could it use more polish and more characters? Yes absolutely. But I love what’s there already.

Also I have one piece of evidence that FoP rights might be fixed. They added Timmy Turner to that Nicktoons Tennis game on iOS in an update that came out AFTER kart 3 released. So maybe they’ve got the rights sorted.
That’s not technically the issue. This rights issue have always existed it seems. It’s just a matter of does Nick want to spend money on Timmy or not for this game.

Shroob

Sup?
as someone who was OBSESSED with Nickelodeon and the concept of Nicktoons and Nicktoons crossovers since I was a kid, and who grew up in the 2000s in the era of Danny Phantom, FOP, and Jimmy Neutron… I kind of feel like I should just be quiet because I have some very specific opinions about what shows should get characters and how many (and don’t get me started on the idea of characters from the ad breaks or bumpers) and like I want to talk about it because it’s literally my dream crossover series, this is MY wheelhouse, but I don’t want to make people who approach the idea differently mad so I’ll just be quiet.
I get what you mean, but Spongebob is basically the Mario of Nick. While it's not the oldest Nicktoon by far, it's easily the biggest and most successful one.

I'd say FOP is 2# in that regard but, legal **** so who can say. :drshrug:

Honestly, that's why I'm soo hard on the game. It has such potential, and I want it to do well, but the first game was rough, and it really shouldn't have been 40$ either.

With NASB hopefully learning from the mistakes of the first game, I'm setting my expectations to "hopeful optimism" for this one, especially if we're keeping the roster from the last game with more added on top.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, side note, please add Arnold in the game.

I don't care if he's not suited for battle, he's the main character of his own show called "Hey ARNOLD", and somehow didn't get in despite having a character from his series being in.
Yeah, that's 100% a thing they should fix.

Wild Thornberries is honestly fine with just Nigel, since Nigel is really the only character people even remember from that show, but Hey Arnold feels weird without, Arnold.

I'd also suggest Doug but HAHA DISNEY......sigh.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyways, I guess I should name my picks for the sequel:
Arnold (most glaring omission)
Bessie (duh)
Timmy (duh)
Sheen (and Jimmy, but... I loved Planet Sheen and hated JN as a kid. Don't shoot me)
Otis from Barnyard (long shot)
Gordon or Waffle or Mr. Blink (cope)
Making Fiends representation (insane cope)
Dudley Puppy (was a plain ol mutt)
Kitty Catswell (I'm not a furry. but)
Robot and Monster (absolutely not happening)
Sanjay and Craig (I actually have hella nostalgia for this show idc)
Blue (not happening but I wanna see my girl Blue **** **** up)
Dora (Dead serious, she actually deserves to get in)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Anyways, I guess I should name my picks for the sequel:
Arnold (most glaring omission)
Bessie (duh)
Timmy (duh)
Sheen (and Jimmy, but... I loved Planet Sheen and hated JN as a kid. Don't shoot me)
Otis from Barnyard (long shot)
Gordon or Waffle or Mr. Blink (cope)
Making Fiends representation (insane cope)
Dudley Puppy (was a plain ol mutt)
Kitty Catswell (I'm not a furry. but)
Robot and Monster (absolutely not happening)
Sanjay and Craig (I actually have hella nostalgia for this show idc)
Blue (not happening but I wanna see my girl Blue ** ** up)
Dora (Dead serious, she actually deserves to get in)
We live in a very real reality where ****ing Tuff Puppy representation may get in over FOP.

Top Bottom