• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Shroob

Sup?
If the NASB2 leak does turn out to be real, I really, REALLY hope the devs learned from the first game's shortcomings and failure and take to heart what works and what didn't work.

I've always held the belief that a Nick platform fighter would/could be incredible, but NASB1 just wasn't it. The game felt utterly lifeless, and while I don't doubt that it got better with updates and DLC, it was too little, too late.

Hoping that this rumored sequel takes what's good from the first and improves on it.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
the DCU’s first recasts
Pretty damn good choices. He’s a great actor and looks pretty spot on in for a younger cavil. Haven’t seen Rachael in anything off the top of my head but she looks the part well.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Smells like plastic outside and I can see the haze directly. You know it's bad when your boss allows you to call and check on family during the middle of the workday.

Stay safe out there for those of you in the Midwest today. 🔥

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If the NASB2 leak does turn out to be real, I really, REALLY hope the devs learned from the first game's shortcomings and failure and take to heart what works and what didn't work.

I've always held the belief that a Nick platform fighter would/could be incredible, but NASB1 just wasn't it. The game felt utterly lifeless, and while I don't doubt that it got better with updates and DLC, it was too little, too late.

Hoping that this rumored sequel takes what's good from the first and improves on it.
One thing they need to work on is their graphics and animation. Holy **** the first one looked like it was out from a PS2 video game. This is 2023 for crying out loud. You would think gaming companies would do better in that department?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
One thing they need to work on is their graphics and animation. Holy **** the first one looked like it was out from a PS2 video game. This is 2023 for crying out loud. You would think gaming companies would do better in that department?
Now hold up.

Graphics-wise, I think the game was 'fine'. Animations, sure, they were jank as ****, but no one cares about graphics in a platform fighter of all things, especially when the devs were 100% on a tight as hell budget.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, it's not that similar to Switch. I wish it was, it would possibly compel Nintendo to keep the price of the next thing competitive.

But MS and Sony are playing whatever cards they can to have the ABK deal go in their favor. So that doesn't surprise me.
it’s both reasonable and extremely desperate of both sides
Pretty damn good choices. He’s a great actor and looks pretty spot on in for a younger cavil. Haven’t seen Rachael in anything off the top of my head but she looks the part well.
idk any of what they’ve done, but I’m trusting in Gunn
And also his infamous laugh from Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2:

A God’s Laugh
not when they’re on a small budget

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Smells like plastic outside and I can see the haze directly. You know it's bad when your boss allows you to call and check on family during the middle of the workday.

Stay safe out there for those of you in the Midwest today. 🔥
Wait. Whats happening now? Ive just been having thunderstorms here on the east coast. Is it the canada wildfires again?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nobody mentioned they the king is making the among us show. Also it’s an adult animated comedy?

The show might be based actually.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
it’s both reasonable and extremely desperate of both sides
The more money at stake, the more truths become malleable

Meanwhile Nintendo just

and as for Batman
Just gonna have to stick to the other FIVE that have shown up recently in live action I guess.

Not counting that CG nonsense.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I really, REALLY hope the devs learned from the first game's shortcomings and failure and take to heart what works and what didn't work.
I don't see how they wouldn't have learned, given that the Universe Pass characters and most of the leaked NASB2 newcomers are fan requests, and they were able to get items and voices into the game in time for it to be released on PS Plus.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I REALLY disliked about Nick All-Star Brawl was its sad excuse of an arcade mode

No twists, no bonus stages, no themes, no bosses, just absolutely nothing but branching paths that did very little to spice things up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One thing I REALLY disliked about Nick All-Star Brawl was its sad excuse of an arcade mode

No twists, no bonus stages, no themes, no bosses, just absolutely nothing but branching paths that did very little to spice things up.
I hope that since the first one was the second highest selling Nick game of all time, they get a lot more freedom and budget.

I would love a nicktoons unite like story mode. Those games were always really fun and the interactions really made those.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hope that since the first one was the second highest selling Nick game of all time
I mean I'm sure it's GameMill's biggest hit but I dunno if it's the best selling Nick game ever.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
NASB's biggest issue imo were that the animations had zero weight to them and the attacks themselves had no oomph. I get that super fast attack cancelling is suppossedly hype and all but for the live of got actually make me feel like my attacks pack a punch instead of making it feel like I'm smacking balloons on turbo mode.

D

Deleted member

Can't believe that tomorrow is finally the day.

Not only is the last Indiana Jones movie ever with Harrison Ford and John Williams released, but I will also go see It with the daughter of the person who took care of me as a kid while both of my parents worked and her friends. It's gonna be a very emotional moment.

Really nervous, ngl. Hopefully all goes well.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
NASB's biggest issue imo were that the animations had zero weight to them and the attacks themselves had no oomph. I get that super fast attack cancelling is suppossedly hype and all but for the live of got actually make me feel like my attacks pack a punch instead of making it feel like I'm smacking balloons on turbo mode.
I also feel like there was very little variety in how the moves work (practically every character can only be played as a rushdown) and many characters movesets just have random reference put in but don’t really do anything creative with them. For example, in any other platform fighter, Danny’s ice breath attack would’ve frozen his opponent. Despite Multiversus’s shortcomings, I really think they put a lot of love and care into the movesets and animations of their roster.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I also feel like there was very little variety in how the moves work (practically every character can only be played as a rushdown) and many characters movesets just have random reference put in but don’t really do anything creative with them. In any other platform fighter, Danny’s ice breath attack would’ve frozen his opponent. Despite Multiversus’s shortcomings, I really think they put a lot of love and care into the movesets and animations of their roster.
The DLC movesets were a whole lot better, trust me.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see how they wouldn't have learned, given that the Universe Pass characters and most of the leaked NASB2 newcomers are fan requests, and they were able to get items and voices into the game in time for it to be released on PS Plus.
Do we have any other leaked characters other than Vlad/Jimmy/El Tigre atm?

Shroob

Sup?
Only big requests I can think of I'd want for NASB2 are like

Ickus, since he was the MC of AH! Real Monsters iirc(It's been like 25+ years since that show was on the air)

Plankton, since he's basically always in the crossover games

Zuko, since, Avatar

the Angry Beavers

And like

idk just make Gir a unique character or some ****.

I feel like Timmy obviously should be in but, who knows what's going on with Butch Fartman.

Shroob

Sup?
Only big requests I can think of I'd want for NASB2 are like

Ickus, since he was the MC of AH! Real Monsters iirc(It's been like 25+ years since that show was on the air)

Plankton, since he's basically always in the crossover games

Zuko, since, Avatar

the Angry Beavers

And like

idk just make Gir a unique character or some ****.

I feel like Timmy obviously should be in but, who knows what's going on with Butch Fartman.
Honestly, coupling this with the supposed leaked characters, implied characters, and previous characters with the DLC in mind, this would be a solid roster.

Only things I think would be missing are like, Arnold, but I kinda doubt they'd put him in, being such a pacifist and all, and like, idk Chalk Zone? Fanboy and Chum C----on second though no let's not go there.

Top Bottom