• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
interesting take
Enjoying Both >>>
Now main point, lol
Sega would buy out Microsoft first using all the money the Persona MCs gained…also Sonic’s rings

but on a real note, I bet Sega would’ve laughed at them like Nintendo did
Please let another company develop it, I'm so tired of ArcSys fighters as a concept.
Bamco it is then

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
turns out Sega wasn’t the only company they considered buying

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
turns out Sega wasn’t the only company they considered buying
Wow, they were really trying to become a monopoly, huh?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Microsoft trying to buy gallons to survive exclusives wise, Sony trying to keep people away from Xbox to benefit PlayStation, and both having a petty fight over Activision despite their toxicity of a life currently

…and then there’s Nintendo
Nintendo just beats themselves up

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
interesting take

Sega would buy out Microsoft first using all the money the Persona MCs gained…also Sonic’s rings

but on a real note, I bet Sega would’ve laughed at them like Nintendo did

Bamco it is then
I actually like that. Depending on how they do it, but like, the Justice society are typically world war 2 era characters and Superman remains contemporary. Superman being “the first superhero” is an outdated concept.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
With Nintendo and Sony in play, that's not really possible but they're really doing their best to buy studios into having a big library of games which is kinda desperate imo
It is desperate. I know making their own game series is easier said than done, but if they took the time to do so in the past, I bet they could have made some good new game series by now, and that all could have been done long ago.

Just buying game companies and not making some of your own is a bad strategy.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It is desperate. I know making their own game series is easier said than done, but if they took the time to do so in the past, I bet they could have made some good new game series by now, and that all could have been done long ago.

Microsoft has so many IPs, even excluding the buyouts, that deserve resurrection that it’s worth crying over.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I find it comical how Microsoft keeps talking about Acquisition plans and why they want to become a monopoly and they barely talk about using these studios to make games. Just putting things on Gamepass. (Which could mean new games but like.)

osby

Smash Obsessed
I kinda agree with Microsoft that they're not just gonna catch up to other console makers by making good games from now on but there has to be better ways to make people buy their stuff other than purchasing every other smaller studio.

Such as offering services that Sony and Nintendo don't - GamePass was a good start.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nintendo just beats themselves up
beating themselves up somehow makes them money, but if people like us do it we gain no money
I actually like that. Depending on how they do it, but like, the Justice society are typically world war 2 era characters and Superman remains contemporary. Superman being “the first superhero” is an outdated concept.
yeah it could be an awesome way to do things

osby

Smash Obsessed
Back on the topic of Mario & Sonic, my ideal fighting game for them would be made by SEGA and in the style of Sonic Fighters or Fighters MegaMix

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Such as offering services that Sony and Nintendo don't - GamePass was a good start.
I mean that's kinda the whole point of buying studios now: since Gamepass makes the big bucks, by buying every studio in sight they can slap all those games onto the service while also blocking PS and (though their hardware blocks themselves) Nintendo from ever seeing those games on their platforms. X-Box still won't have exclusives, but Gamepass has them all.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean that's kinda the whole point of buying studios now: since Gamepass makes the big bucks, by buying every studio in sight they can slap all those games onto the service while also blocking PS and (though their hardware blocks themselves) Nintendo from ever seeing those games on their platforms. X-Box still won't have exclusives, but Gamepass has them all.
with Microsoft’s hard on for Nintendo and Sony’s current anger towards them, at this point I think they’d play ball with Nintendo exclusives wise. Starfall breaking down Switches in 2024.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
with Microsoft’s hard on for Nintendo and Sony’s current anger towards them, at this point I think they’d play ball with Nintendo exclusives wise. Starfall breaking down Switches in 2024.
I think the only thing guaranteed was COD coming to Nintendo for 10 years if it goes through. Majority of stuff I would assume stays exclusive.

On that note, Microsoft's issue is that they do not have a juggernaut franchise to keep them competing with the Zelda's and TLOUs in the market. They had Halo, but they ruined all goodwill that franchise had thanks to negligence. So the logical solution is to simply buy companies that can make a juggernaut franchises for them. It just sucks because we know what the endgoal is here lol

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280

To be fair, making a game from scratch takes forever. If Microsoft set up a team to start work on a new AAA game, it would be at least five years before their game is released (see the development of the Perfect Dark sequel). Pre-existing studios are already set up and have things in the oven so you get something out of it quicker.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think the only thing guaranteed was COD coming to Nintendo for 10 years if it goes through. Majority of stuff I would assume stays exclusive.

On that note, Microsoft's issue is that they do not have a juggernaut franchise to keep them competing with the Zelda's and TLOUs in the market. They had Halo, but they ruined all goodwill that franchise had thanks to negligence. So the logical solution is to simply buy companies that can make a juggernaut franchises for them. It just sucks because we know what the endgoal is here lol
Forgot about the COD deal when making that message, as I was thinking more about the Banjo port to the Switch, Minecraft, and maybe Doom (mostly the things they have repped in Smash or has deep history with Nintendo).

As for the lack of juggernaut franchises, Halo really is all they have unfortunately. And like you said, they have tainted the fanbase’s faith in that a good bit. Only other series I can think of that’s only on Xbox (or at least just that and PC) is the Fables series…and I can’t even speak on whether or not that’s a huge franchise for them tbh. Would having the likes of Crash, Overwatch, COD, and Elder Scrolls help? Yeah. At the same time is it worth all of these years of playing catch-up against Sony specifically? That I got no idea on. If all else fails, they could always be like Nintendo and take the blue ocean strategy/“**** y’all Imma do my own thing” route with their next console.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Forgot about the COD deal when making that message, as I was thinking more about the Banjo port to the Switch, Minecraft, and maybe Doom (mostly the things they have repped in Smash or has deep history with Nintendo).

As for the lack of juggernaut franchises, Halo really is all they have unfortunately. And like you said, they have tainted the fanbase’s faith in that a good bit. Only other series I can think of that’s only on Xbox (or at least just that and PC) is the Fables series…and I can’t even speak on whether or not that’s a huge franchise for them tbh. Would having the likes of Crash, Overwatch, COD, and Elder Scrolls help? Yeah. At the same time is it worth all of these years of playing catch-up against Sony specifically? That I got no idea on. If all else fails, they could always be like Nintendo and take the blue ocean strategy/“**** y’all Imma do my own thing” route with their next console.
Activision's shooters alone could spring them back if they want to make them exclusive for whatever reason. Now they probably won't because a huge chunk of the playerbase is on PS and that's just a bad move. Elder Scrolls is what will be exclusive, it's still massively popular to this day and given that it's primarily singleplayer, don't gotta run the risks that Cod or Overwatch do.

osby

Smash Obsessed
On one hand I kind of agree, but they haven’t made a fighting game in friggin forever. Plus I think the characters would suit a 2D fighter better than a 3D fighter.
Then have French-Bread make it. Sprite based style would fit to the theme well and they worked with SEGA before.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I want the devs to expand their roster potential this time. No reason why we can’t get animated versions of live action reps, or iconic characters from bumpers.

I really want to see this or stick Stickly:
27F4196E-6A26-487D-8A2F-2F600EF49875.png

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Side note, I'm kinda surprised Chun Li didn't have a bigger role in Ult. She's treated as the second face of the franchise nowadays and I'm kinda surprised her only role was a spirit. Not even a Mii costume or trophy or anything else.
Adding to that, Chun-Li is one of the most well recognised female characters within the fighting games genre.

I could see her being a possible playable candidate for the next Smash if they want another character from the Street Fighter franchise.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To be fair, making a game from scratch takes forever. If Microsoft set up a team to start work on a new AAA game, it would be at least five years before their game is released (see the development of the Perfect Dark sequel). Pre-existing studios are already set up and have things in the oven so you get something out of it quicker.
That is why I said it would be easier said than done early in that post you quoted.

Top Bottom