• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It had been so long since Gamera made his glorious return.

Now all I need is The Angry Beavers making a glorious comeback (Whether Nick games or reboot...Or should I say ReSpoot) and my life will be complete.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
That and just, it's Ken.

Like, yeah no **** Ken was going to be in when Echo Fighters were announced as a thing that was happening.

I'm happy Ken got in, but it was such a "Wow.... okay next" kinda leak.
One of the few legit leaks we got and it was the most "No ****, Sherlock." fighter of them all.

Ultimate base game speculation was pure comedy.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine the Death Angels and Pete "Maverick" Mitchell getting into NASB2. Lol.

After all, they are under Paramount.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
One of the few legit leaks we got and it was the most "No ****, Sherlock." fighter of them all.

Ultimate base game speculation was pure comedy.
Smash Community, "God, we're sick of all these list leaks and random Gamefaqs messiahs! Give us a real leak!"

Monkey's paw curls

Ken leak happens

Well, they got exactly what they wanted. :drshrug:

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Universal needs to jump onto the Platform Fighter train. They got many good franchises they could use for such a game.

Back to the Future
DreamWorks Animation (Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, Trolls, etc.)
Illumination (Despicable Me, The Secret Life of Pets, Sing, etc.)
Jaws
Jurassic Park/Jurassic World
King Kong
The Fast and the Furious
The Land Before Time
The Mummy (1999-2008)
Universal Monsters

The idea of Littlefoot fighting Dom Toretto really intrigues me. Watch Littlefoot be top tier. Lol.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Side note, I'm kinda surprised Chun Li didn't have a bigger role in Ult. She's treated as the second face of the franchise nowadays and I'm kinda surprised her only role was a spirit. Not even a Mii costume or trophy or anything else.
We could have gotten a lot more Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes tbh.

Hell, we didn't even get any Street Fighter Mii costumes.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So how is Yoshi going to visually change when it gets the fire power-up in Super Mario Bros. Wonder? It can't be skin change since you can play as multiple colored Yoshis.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know...I'm kind of honestly surprised Nick has yet to have adapted a Top Gun animated series.

It's something I feel could actually end up happening eventually.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So how is Yoshi going to visually change when it gets the fire power-up in Super Mario Bros. Wonder? It can't be skin change since you can play as multiple colored Yoshis.
I've seen several design floating around on Twitter, but I think it'll either be his underbelly changes color or he gets one singular article of clothing :yoshi:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Side note, I'm kinda surprised Chun Li didn't have a bigger role in Ult. She's treated as the second face of the franchise nowadays and I'm kinda surprised her only role was a spirit. Not even a Mii costume or trophy or anything else.
they had to make room for Guile’s role in Smash, so Chun-Li respectfully took a massive backseat
You know...I'm kind of honestly surprised Nick has yet to have adapted a Top Gun animated series.

It's something I feel could actually end up happening eventually.
probably cause Nick doesn’t see a reason for a Top Gun show on any of their networks….besides there’s always the Paramount Network…or Paramount+…MTV for the psychos (fused with a new episode of Ridiculousness)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We could have gotten a lot more Assist Trophies and Mii Costumes tbh.

Hell, we didn't even get any Street Fighter Mii costumes.
Yeah, it's kinda strange how some franchises did get assists but didn't get costumes. Bayo's in the same boat, and Cloud straight up didn't get either until Sephiroth.

I actually did come up with some characters I think could work for costumes yesterday for some franchises that didn't have them, idk if y'all want to hear that but if you do then say the word

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, it's kinda strange how some franchises did get assists but didn't get costumes. Bayo's in the same boat, and Cloud straight up didn't get either until Sephiroth.

I actually did come up with some characters I think could work for costumes yesterday for some franchises that didn't have them, idk if y'all want to hear that but if you do then say the word
Well, base game didn't have any 3rd party mii costumes. All the 3rd party ones were DLC, for obvious reasons, even the ones returning from 4.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
This may be a hot take but I never really found Cammy to be attractive until SF6, and I think that cause I don't like her green leotard and idk why that is.

I was always on team Chun Li anyways
Honestly I agree with this, I don't really like leotards.

That SF6 design tho... MAN that's peak

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hehe massive backseat because Chun has a massive - ok yeah
respectfully…you right
Honestly I agree with this, I don't really like leotards.

That SF6 design tho... MAN that's peak
now Cammy players must choose between ass and abs…when they could choose to be a bro like Luke

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, base game didn't have any 3rd party mii costumes. All the 3rd party ones were DLC, for obvious reasons, even the ones returning from 4.
Yeah but I thought DLC costumes would cover all 3rd parties (which it did for most) but some just didn't get any.
So for 3rd parties:
  • Bayo: Rodin (B) and Jeanne (G), Balder (S)
  • SF :Sakura, Alpha Chun Li, and M. Bison (all B)
  • Banjo: Mumbo Jumbo (S), idk I guess Bottles (B), and let's throw in Conker (G)
  • MG: Raiden (Revengance S), Gray Fox (S) Big Boss (G)
  • Castlevania: Alucard (S), Soma Cruz (S), Maria (B)
  • Pac-Man: Ghosts Hat, Pac-Man hat based on Pac Mania, I guess if we go full Namco arcade, then Mappy with Baton (S), dude from Dig Dug with his pump (G)
  • KH: Dark Riku with Soul Eater (S), Braig/Xigbar (based off BBS design to differentiate) (G), Orginization XIII outfit (B).

As for 1st parties:
  • IC: Polar Bear (B)
  • GW: Scuba diver (idk what else can go for G&W) (B)
  • ROB: Professer Hector (B)
  • Pikmin: President Sancho (B), Waterwraith with Cinderblock Gun (G), Plasm Wraith (S, since stabbing is a huge part if it's moveset)
  • Wii Fit: Balance Board hat. Idk what else I can say for this
  • Punch Out: Glass Joe (B), Doc Louis (B), Aran Ryan with his rope thing (S).
  • Duck Hunt: Wild Gunman outfit (G), NES Zapper outfit (G)
  • And since we're here, let's throw in a Power Glove outfit (B), and a WiiMote (S).
I think that's all of them

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, the reasons aren’t that obvious. If 3rd party characters can be in the base game there’s no reason that Mii costumes can’t too.
Ultimate's tagline was "EVERYONE IS HERE!", they never said all the Mii costumes were, which a handful of them were even cut.

The Mii Costumes are almost assuredly negotiated on a different scale than the characters are.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hope some of the dlc Mini costumes gets upgraded to playable characters in the next Smash game…Shantae and Sans specifically

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now don't bung this one up.
Viacom giving the devs a $50 budget (10x the budget of the prequel )
Lmao. At least this time they can reuse assets and hopefully improve from there.
Hey guys they went and put Rayman in Nick All Stars 2, amazing

Nothing this good looking could ever be fake, let's throw all skepticism out the window

I'm not saying these leaks are definitely fake. If they are they're really impressive for sure.

But there are a few shady things going on here, and as always there's still some really talented fan artists out there and no one has been able to perfectly replicate cacomallow-
Okay since if I'm going to poke fun at the leak I may as well point out the main reason why I'm skeptical.
...Why cut off Vlad's face like that?

In fact why not just show us the full box art?

If it's fake, there'd be a very good reason for doing this - being faking a complete box art is a ton of work. It's very possible that a prankster - doing this for fun on their spare time - never finished the full artwork but still wanted to show off what they had done so far.

But if it was real there'd be no real reason to hide so much of the box art if not just to screw with us. Not totally damming...but still a big red flag.

I also dunno what's up with that vaguelly sponge-shaped water mark over Spongeboy me Bob so I'm not going to speculate too much on what it means.
These are fair, but “why the box art cropped”

Is pretty on brand from leaks from this company and game. Now with this image gaining traction, I can’t find for sure the original, but I’m %80 positive the box art for the first game leaked the same way. It was part of why people realized April was in the game.

But one leak I can for sure share that was pretty similar is this one:
91E62C54-6ADF-43F5-B7A5-836E84B5184F.jpeg

A good few of these characters were not known and someone straight up leaked this on the games official discord. They had no reason to cover up characters but they did.

So it’s not out There that someone decided to do the same thing. Maybe it’s a weird loophole to avoid taking blame but idk.

I also find it interesting that papa Genos also provided direct proof of being told of this game a week ago and the two characters we see on this box art were told to him. (Vlad and Jimmy)

Which could be someone really going above and beyond to fake something but I don’t know, artworks too good imo for it to be a causal troll like that.

Plus we had the squidward and Patrick leaks months ago. So combining all of that paints an intriguing situation for these pictures either way.
I’m personally thinking the box art is being passed around insiders right now and that’s why they didn’t show it all but wanted to tease it. But who knows could go either way, I’m leaning real because this company is terrible at preventing leaks.

Top Bottom