• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Just pick it up, and if you really hate it that bad (or if you got a particularly buggy copy) you can sell it later. No one's gonna force you to keep playing.
I guess that’s a way to look at it. I get into this mindset of having to finish games, even if I don’t like it, because otherwise I’m wasting my money. But so far all that’s lead to is me never trying new things.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
It was probably the cringiest manifesto I’ve seen. They even said they were going ghost before the attack, I believe. Sad tragedy and it’s sad that no one was able to help them before they committed the act.

But would that stop Ember from being in the next installment? Maybe a dumb question, but people on the internet never forget and are callous.
Considering every time I've seen Ember mentioned anywhere someone either mentions the "going ghost shooter" or makes an iykyk meme reference, I'd say the character has been thoroughly tainted by the shooting, to the point where I can honestly see them passing over her because of that.

Multiversus shut down a couple days ago.

Despite them saying that it will, does anyone think the game won't come back?
Most of what I've heard was that they were hard at work for a strong re-release... However, they had no problem skewing the truth while the game was out.

To be completely honest, my money's on them rereleasing the game, making overblown promises yet again, and the game dying again over the course of 2024 when they can't keep up. I'd love to be proven wrong, but at this point that seems like the more realistic scenario.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean while ScarVio is open world, there still is a progression structure they want you to follow. Now they don't tell you what it is, so you can just ignore it like I did.
The progression they want you to follow is utter ass. It's scattered randomly throughout the map and it has the worst level curve I've ever seen

I love the game but I hope gyms and such scale in the next gen

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guess that’s a way to look at it. I get into this mindset of having to finish games, even if I don’t like it, because otherwise I’m wasting my money. But so far all that’s lead to is me never trying new things.
I mean, do whatever you gotta do. But if you're still fretting over the game half a year later I think you should just bite the bullet and give it a try.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I'm the exact opposite tbh

I have so many games I've spent huge dollars on that I play for a little bit then drop because it gets boring/too tedious

I think Cassette Beasts is the most recent exame of this, I got right to the very end of the game but I can't be assed to actually grind to finish the story, I already had my enjoyment just getting to the point and it started to feel like a chore

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
The progression they want you to follow is utter ass. It's scattered randomly throughout the map and it has the worst level curve I've ever seen

I love the game but I hope gyms and such scale in the next gen
the game literally be like

"oh, you just finished the bug gym? you should go back to the school for classes then go to the complete other side to do the electric gym because yes"

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
yeah Sony probably losing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now this may sound harsh but I think every company involved should go under

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly the more time passes the more mixed feelings I have with Scarlet/Violet.

I really enjoyed being able to take on lategame challanges early but it also made doing some otherstuff way too easy. And finishing the Titans quest line too quickly trivializes the care they put into the game's geography and honestly makes exploration get less fun as you go.

I think the structured, semi-open world design Legends: Arceus fit pokemon a lot better then the full on BotW approach. I think that game did challenge really well because skilled players got rewarded by unlocking the next area more quickly, but players who got stuck on the story fights could continue to catch and explore the earlier areas until they got strong enough to move on.

It also stinks how Scar/Vio completely butchered raids yet still depends on them for all their postgame content.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Honestly the more time passes the more mixed feelings I have with Scarlet/Violet.

I really enjoyed being able to take on lategame challanges early but it also made doing some otherstuff way too easy. And finishing the Titans quest line too quickly trivializes the care they put into the game's geography and honestly makes exploration get less fun as you go.

I think the structured, semi-open world design Legends: Arceus fit pokemon a lot better then the full on BotW approach. I think that game did challenge really well because skilled players got rewarded by unlocking the next area more quickly, but players who got stuck on the story fights could continue to catch and explore the earlier areas until they got strong enough to move on.

It also stinks how Scar/Vio completely butchered raids yet still depends on them for all their postgame content.
Yeah I 100% agree. I feel the PLA format genuinely is the best "Open World" route for Pokemon, and if you improved on the format it'd be incredible. SV is very good gameplay wise but it gets stale very quickly.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
SV is interesting because open world Pokemon truly does work very well, and I really think they have something going for them given that this was their first attempt. Paldea is truly fun to explore and I have a blast just whizzing around and catching Pokemon.

It's just their first attempt was buggy as all hell and runs like doo doo, and idk why it hasn't been fixed by now

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Yeah I 100% agree. I feel the PLA format genuinely is the best "Open World" route for Pokemon, and if you improved on the format it'd be incredible. SV is very good gameplay wise but it gets stale very quickly.
The one problem I had with legends Arceus was I never felt any reason to find the side quests because I never got most of them and therefor I never completed them along the course of the main game.

Like, I think about the two open world or semi open world whatever games I really was able to get into, and those were FFXV and FusionFall. And both of them had several defined areas with clusters of characters in “town” surrounded by open areas with monsters. And you could pick up quests from them and they’re all clearly labeled and kind of out in the open. You talk to them, add the quest to your log, and then you have the objective and you move on and you kind of just have this constant checklist. Legends Arceus really didn’t have anything like that. I felt like I needed a list of the quests and where they were before I even went looking for them. Not saying it’s the only way to do it, just that it’s the way that gels best with me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
SV is interesting because open world Pokemon truly does work very well, and I really think they have something going for them given that this was their first attempt. Paldea is truly fun to explore and I have a blast just whizzing around and catching Pokemon.

It's just their first attempt was buggy as all hell and runs like doo doo, and idk why it hasn't been fixed by now
They just need to drop the 3-year schedule and only release their games when their finished.

The anime and the card game can survive on filler for a few years. It'll be okay, TPC, I promise.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
You know...

I thought it was Microsoft who had the bad chance of winning this thing at all, but it was them, Sony!

(Guess which meme I am referencing here, by the way?)

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
They just need to drop the 3-year schedule and only release their games when their finished.

The anime and the card game can survive on filler for a few years. It'll be okay, TPC, I promise.
Honestly as long as they’re still cranking out new Pokémon designs they’re fine. And they can introduce new mon in the anime and tcg before showing up in the games. They’ve done it before. Heck Lugia was created FOR the anime.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly as long as they’re still cranking out new Pokémon designs they’re fine. And they can introduce new mon in the anime and tcg before showing up in the games. They’ve done it before. Heck Lugia was created FOR the anime.
They don't even need to do all that, honestly.

There's 1015 Pokémon. If that's not enough to crank out cards and plush toys while they spend some real time on the next game, then I don't even know.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Now this may sound harsh but I think every company involved should go under
a world where only Nintendo consoles lives on to fight the KFC console
You know...

I thought it was Microsoft who had the bad chance of winning this thing at all, but it was them, Sony!

(Guess which meme I am referencing here, by the way?)
I’m stupid but I’ll assume the Dio meme

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Vegeta forms. You know the deal. Been making slow progress in MUA3's Gauntlet mode. There's actually one Gauntlet where I've got 350th place on, so for someone who rarely tried to do more than the main mission stuff, that's not too bad.

I could fight a bear and win.
Ok, Mystikal.
I wish I could be playing and enjoying FF16. But Square refuses to have it simul-launch on multiple platforms like they have previously and who knows if it will ever even come to anything else other than PC. So I just can’t unless I fork over for the game AND a PS5. I’m not asking for it to be on the dinky old switch here. I have a Series X, I have a Steam Deck, these are perfectly capable machines. So why not put it on those systems too? ** Sony and their elitist exclusivity bull** and for paying off Square to embrace it.
Sony paid for timed exclusivity, I'm pretty sure. If you have a Steam Deck, a PC version shouldn't be too bad of a deal. Was the series X much cheaper than a PS5? I know both had a pretty slow stock the first few years of release. Still trying to take care of other stuff, so I get how you feel with all the consoles and games to keep track of. There's like 5 games I wanna get that I'm trying to wait on while I take care of more real life stuff, y'know?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I have a feeling (probably incorrect) that's gonna draw to an end. Anime hasn't followed the plot of the games for years, and on the games side, they're skipping 3rd versions in favor of DLC + they're willing to outsource the main series games if needed. Gives me the impression that GF is probably getting some extra time.

Though if you ask me, PLA should have been the only 2022 release and SV should've been 2023

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have a feeling (probably incorrect) that's gonna draw to an end. Anime hasn't followed the plot of the games for years, and on the games side, they're skipping 3rd versions in favor of DLC + they're willing to outsource the main series games if needed. Gives me the impression that GF is probably getting some extra time.

Though if you ask me, PLA should have been the only 2022 release and SV should've been 2023
I'm hoping that the 30th anniversary of the series will incentivize them to hold off on Gen 10 until 2026, instead of 2025 marking the usual three year cycle. Even just that one year could do so much.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm hoping that the 30th anniversary of the series will incentivize them to hold off on Gen 10 until 2026, instead of 2025 marking the usual three year cycle. Even just that one year could do so much.
I mean there may be even more SV DLC (smaller team), they still got the B&W remakes (13 years old, ugh) which are more than likely outsourced again, and chances are we get Legends Kyruem since PLA did very well (also made by a smaller team).

I know SwSh only had one wave of DLC but they also bailed out of Gen 8 fast as hell because the experiment wasn't working

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
hear me out…Bowser should be a playable character in a major Mario game down the line. A one time break from him being the final boss would be pretty cool.

also Super Mario Wonder should let Donkey Kong be playable (maybe even Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky if they wanna use this as an excuse to compensate the DKC fans for gaining no DKC games)

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
hear me out…Bowser should be a playable character in a major Mario game down the line. A one time break from him being the final boss would be pretty cool.

also Super Mario Wonder should let Donkey Kong be playable (maybe even Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky if they wanna use this as an excuse to compensate the DKC fans for gaining no DKC games)
I actually have a pitch for a Mario game that blends the formulas of Bowser’s Fury and Mario 64 DS where the core 4 characters are Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Vegeta forms. You know the deal. Been making slow progress in MUA3's Gauntlet mode. There's actually one Gauntlet where I've got 350th place on, so for someone who rarely tried to do more than the main mission stuff, that's not too bad.

Ok, Mystikal.

Sony paid for timed exclusivity, I'm pretty sure. If you have a Steam Deck, a PC version shouldn't be too bad of a deal. Was the series X much cheaper than a PS5? I know both had a pretty slow stock the first few years of release. Still trying to take care of other stuff, so I get how you feel with all the consoles and games to keep track of. There's like 5 games I wanna get that I'm trying to wait on while I take care of more real life stuff, y'know?
It wasn’t because it was cheaper. It was because I had a HUGE back library of Xbox One and 360 games so the backwards compatibility is a very compelling feature to me. I could literally treat the next Gen leap like upgrading a smartphone and didn’t even bother keeping my Xbox one. My ps4 library wasn’t as big because I basically only had it for the one or two games I could ONLY play on it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd only want that if he gets his own gamemode or special levels like Captain Toad or something.

If Bowser is playable I'd want him to feel really powerful, which would be hard with typical Mario gameplay.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'd only want that if he gets his own gamemode or special levels like Captain Toad or something.

If Bowser is playable I'd want him to feel really powerful, which would be hard with typical Mario gameplay.
I mean there was the ending of Odyssey. And that secret level.

I don't think you could even breath fire in that come to think of it

Top Bottom