• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sega loves Nintendo…Sega is close to Microsoft…but what about Sony?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Violet update - I spent most of today looking for Gimmighoul coins and slowly leveling up my team (though not grinding cause that's cringe), but I did manage to beat Larry and Iron Treads. The team -

Jabbanero the Skeledirge
Oozaru the Primeape
Ado the Nacklstack
Capitalism the Gholdengo
Oodie the Farigiraf
BrendanFrizr the Cetoddle

And yes, other than the fact that half of my team is not yet fully evolved, this is gonna be my final team

I could evolve Brendan at any moment but I want to keep him unevolved for now

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The latest PKMN SV update left some hints in the coding for DLC

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
some news reporter spread a lie saying that Sega said Microsoft loved them more than Nintendo and Sony…tweet and I think account are now gone due to this clip

DynamicSmasher

Smash Cadet
Any scientist claiming they'll be bringing back mammoths is a quack.
Nah, you just gotta put the Mammoth's Tusk item in the fossil restorer and it'll bring a mammoth back to life like in Pokémon

The latest PKMN SV update left some hints in the coding for DLC
I had hoped Illuminate would have done something with increasing your own accuracy or strengthening light-based moves... but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What would we even do with a Wooly Mammoth anyway?

Are scientists just gonna look at it and go "Oh ****, that's a hairy elephant" like it's some absolute revelation
It's presumably a first step - if they can clone woolly mammoths, they can clone other extinct animals, and sooner or later...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's presumably a first step - if they can clone woolly mammoths, they can clone other extinct animals, and sooner or later...

Scientists: “finally we have created the dinosaurs from the hit movie Jurassic Park: Don’t create Dinosaurs. What could possibly go wrong?”

Shroob

Sup?

Are scientists just gonna look at it and go "Oh ****, that's a hairy elephant" like it's some absolute revelation
Imagine the **** show that'd happen if they ever get around to doing this on people.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

Filling void ecological niches... putting it in zoos.... using it in movies.... eating it.... i think mostly we're doing it out of a sense of curiosity really...

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I made two capcom crossover fighting game rosters. One where every capcom character was eligible, and one where it focused almost exclusively on the fighting games. Anyone wanna see either?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

There's some talk of releasing them into the wild to restore some ancient grasslands as they used to be keystone species.

There's a lot of problems with this.

But the main one is that DNA actually has a fairly short half-life in the grand scheme of things and it's pretty much impossible to find Mammoth DNA intact enough to succesfully clone, so we don't really have to worry about the potential catastrophy of releasing animals into an enviroment that might no longer be suited to them.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There's some talk of releasing them into the wild to restore some ancient grasslands as they used to be keystone species.

There's a lot of problems with this.

But the main one is that DNA actually has a fairly short half-life in the grand scheme of things and it's pretty much impossible to find Mammoth DNA intact enough to succesfully clone, so we don't really have to worry about the potential carastrophy of releasing animals into an enviroment that might no longer be suited to them.
In a way it's almost cruel to bring a species back from extinction with no other plan than "Wow ain't that neat."

Nature's evolved past them being part of the ecosystem, so just trying to incorporate them back would be like forcing a square peg into a round hole, with an extremely high chance of failure.

So you're left with keeping them in the zoo/reserves, and once they die out again, then what. You wasted a ton of money for novelty's sake.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey so cause of the steam sales I'm eyeing some games and don't want to go over 50 euros total, if y'all could vote on this strawpoll to help me narrow my choices, I'd find it rather swell

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel like scientists should probably focus on conservation of extant species to avoid irreparable damage to the ecosystem rather than bring back long gone species that could potentially cause irreparable damage to the ecosystem, but that's just me
Most ecologist would probably agree with that.

But that doesn't make for as exciting of a news story.

Top Bottom