• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean while ScarVio is open world, there still is a progression structure they want you to follow. Now they don't tell you what it is, so you can just ignore it like I did.
The progression they want you to follow is utter ass. It's scattered randomly throughout the map and it has the worst level curve I've ever seen

I love the game but I hope gyms and such scale in the next gen
This, the map placements make no sense.

“Let’s put the like 4th gym all the way at the edge of one side of the map.

Now let’s put the 8th all the way on the other side. Their could be no misinterpretation whatsoever!”

They just need to drop the 3-year schedule and only release their games when their finished.

The anime and the card game can survive on filler for a few years. It'll be okay, TPC, I promise.
Problem is Gamefreak, Nintendo and Creatures all own Pokémon. So it’s one of them pushing these mandates.

I imagine creatures doesn’t care, although they are in charge of making the card game.

Nintendo lets games cook so it’s probably not them.

And Gamefreak is definitely not up to modern generations, so them being behind proper care of not rushing a game, wouldn’t be totally surprising .

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This, the map placements make no sense.

“Let’s put the like 4th gym all the way at the edge of one side of the map.

Now let’s put the 8th all the way on the other side. Their could be no misinterpretation whatsoever!”

Problem is Gamefreak, Nintendo and Creatures all own Pokémon. So it’s one of them pushing these mandates.

I imagine creatures doesn’t care, although they are in charge of making the card game.

Nintendo lets games cook so it’s probably not them.

And Gamefreak is definitely not up to modern generations, so them being behind proper care of not rushing a game, wouldn’t be totally surprising .
The ones rushing it are the company that manages the Pokémon brand. The Pokémon Company. They decide the deadlines and the budgets for everything. GameFreak is underfunded and not up to snuff yes. But whose fault is that? The Pokémon Company.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The ones rushing it are the company that manages the Pokémon brand. The Pokémon Company. They decide the deadlines and the budgets for everything. GameFreak is underfunded and not up to snuff yes. But whose fault is that? The Pokémon Company.
Again this wrong
C1E61458-1185-4AEE-89A7-A96C0D2FFA64.jpeg

Gamefreak literally owns them. That means they control what Pokémon does not the other way around. After all there was no Pokémon company until Gamefreak made Pokémon.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TPC is responsible for the funding and marketing of the games, which means that they more than likely do the mandates because all marketing is on a schedule. As for which of the three companies are top dog is unknown, chances are TPC has executives that solely work for TPC and not any of the three companies and they just do their own thing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One thing that's driving me nuts about the Mario Bros. Wonder trailer is the Mario block that randomly appears at one moment

View attachment 374046
I want that block to be hit so badly
hope it rewards us for hitting it
I actually have a pitch for a Mario game that blends the formulas of Bowser’s Fury and Mario 64 DS where the core 4 characters are Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach.
sounds like a fun nostalgic type moment
I'd only want that if he gets his own gamemode or special levels like Captain Toad or something.

If Bowser is playable I'd want him to feel really powerful, which would be hard with typical Mario gameplay.
make him more powerful than Nabbit was
I mean there was the ending of Odyssey. And that secret level.

I don't think you could even breath fire in that come to think of it
I think the fire breath could only work in the 3D parts of the final level…before the birth of Bowsette of course…and it was fun for the most part

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TPC is responsible for the funding and marketing of the games, which means that they more than likely do the mandates because all marketing is on a schedule. As for which of the three companies are top dog is unknown, chances are TPC has executives that solely work for TPC and not any of the three companies and they just do their own thing.
So here's where it gets wierd: Nintendo only owns 32% of TPC, which means that either Creatures or GF owns majority of Pokemon, but then Nintendo also owns 1/3 of GF and 10% of Creatures. However, GF is by all means independent, they do make games away from Nintendo, but Creatures never did a Non-Nintendo game (they even did Earthbound 64) even though they too are independent.

And here's what truly surprised me: HAL Laboratories is not at all owned by Nintendo. They're independent.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That still doesn’t really make sense though.

If all 3 own them, then why give the company free control, forcing the 3 of them to get things out there when they aren’t ready? Considering how many resources that would drain, it doesn’t add up.

Sure you could say they still make money, but by that logic, Nintendo could drop Prime 4 unfinished and it would still make bank, so the fact they choose to take time with things like they; makes me think they would want them same for Pokémon. Especially when Gamefreak is slow as hell anyway to put a new mainline game out on every system. So if they wanted to rush it for money, nothing would stop them. Yet they still let them take a little longer.

It’s a whole mess tbh. Plus I’m pretty sure in the anime, Liko and the other girl are not collecting badges but I could be wrong. So the anime has already taken quite a step away from usual. So i guess, who honestly knows what the hell is going on between the 4 of them.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

If all 3 own them, then why give the company free control, forcing the 3 of them to get things out there when they aren’t ready? Considering how many resources that would drain, it doesn’t add up.

Sure you could say they still make money, but by that logic, Nintendo could drop Prime 4 unfinished and it would still make bank, so the fact they choose to take time with things like they; makes me think they would want them same for Pokémon. Especially when Gamefreak is slow as hell anyway to put a new mainline game out on every system. So if they wanted to rush it for money, nothing would stop them. Yet they still let them take a little longer.

It’s a whole mess tbh. Plus I’m pretty sure in the anime, Liko and the other girl are not collecting badges but I could be wrong. So the anime has already taken quite a step away from usual. So i guess, who honestly knows what the hell is going on between the 4 of them.
It's just executives in general. I don't think one company as a whole is to blame, but TPC has their own CEO, executives, staff, etc. They're set to be in charge of the growth of Pokemon, so it's up to them to determine what's next for the franchise. When it comes to making a new game, the execs of all involved companies come together and agree on what's next and if they don't get the majority vote then it's probably back to the drawing board. Otherwise, greenlight and moving onwards.

Or something idk I got a B in Macroeconomics idk how this works

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

You could by shaking the joycons, but yeah I don't think the game tells you that.

Odyssey works because Bowser doesn't control like Mario, and they made those stages around it. And I'd say they made him pretty powerful there.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You’re trusting the listings on Google, without actually going and looking at any of the information it’s linking too, just the results that come up on the page, as the done and done answer to that question.

That’s like asking the librarian a question, she points you to the section of the library where the information, and you read the spines of the first few books and say that you have your answer. Like NO!

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
god I have.... mixed feelings on TOTK so far in 3 or so hours of playing it

not sure what I'm expecting still tbh, I do like some of the puzzles but there's so many more moving parts I've been struggling hard to figure out what the intended solution has been to most questions the game has thrown at me

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So here's where it gets wierd: Nintendo only owns 32% of TPC, which means that either Creatures or GF owns majority of Pokemon, but then Nintendo also owns 1/3 of GF and 10% of Creatures. However, GF is by all means independent, they do make games away from Nintendo, but Creatures never did a Non-Nintendo game (they even did Earthbound 64) even though they too are independent.

And here's what truly surprised me: HAL Laboratories is not at all owned by Nintendo. They're independent.
You’re trusting the listings on Google, without actually going and looking at any of the information it’s linking too, just the results that come up on the page, as the done and done answer to that question.

That’s like asking the librarian a question, she points you to the section of the library where the information, and you read the spines of the first few books and say that you have your answer. Like NO!
Except google isn’t wrong? I didn’t need to fact check what it said because I knew it was true.
The three companies all own a stake in TPC. They are not independent. Even if they have separate leaders like Mighty said, they still have to actively communicate with their big share holders, like any other company.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
god I have.... mixed feelings on TOTK so far in 3 or so hours of playing it

not sure what I'm expecting still tbh, I do like some of the puzzles but there's so many more moving parts I've been struggling hard to figure out what the intended solution has been to most questions the game has thrown at me
I think the developers don't want you to worry about what's "intended" and want you to just do things your own way.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It wasn’t because it was cheaper. It was because I had a HUGE back library of Xbox One and 360 games so the backwards compatibility is a very compelling feature to me. I could literally treat the next Gen leap like upgrading a smartphone and didn’t even bother keeping my Xbox one. My ps4 library wasn’t as big because I basically only had it for the one or two games I could ONLY play on it.
I guess that makes sense. Still, since you do have a steam deck, I imagine the PC version should be available to you at some point. It's just how things work with consoles, they gotta compete with each other, and exclusives are a means of doing so. And worse case scenario would be that only one console maker in the industry. In a way, I feel like we should probably have more that were up to snuff.

I feel like Bowser in a traditional platformer was kind a done in the Paper Mario stuff, right? Otherwise I feel like any idea I'd dream up would be similar to Wario. Burly, low jumps but a lot of power in his moves.

I guess you could take the Blue Shell power-up in NSMB1 and make that a general mechanic for Bowser and tie that into his level design.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Scar/Vio update is live

It changed Illuminate to.... make it so your accuracy can't be lowered.

Wow, it's ****ing nothing.
The patch also includes a variety of bug fixes that mainly focus on a bunch of changes for Live Tournaments that are held, like the International Championships.

So yeah. Nothing.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Pikmin 4 demo is pretty good so far!
It starts out with Olimar telling his story, and you get to play as him up until you recover the ship part that lets him send out a distress signal (so you don’t get to play as him for long, but it was still pretty cool).

Curiously, Olimar seems to have acted like the Pikmin were new to him. I’m guessing the alternate timeline theories are likely correct, unless there’s somehow something else going on, or this is a reboot of sorts. He meets the dog who was with the Pikmin Olimar-lookalike in one of the trailers, so it seems he may have had a bad or bittersweet fate. It took the Rescue Corps a month to respond, the same amount of time as the day limit in the first game…

The color you choose for your character’s spacesuit is also the color the Rescue Corps uses, so that’s pretty cool. I went with green since it’s my favorite color, so now my whole team is green. Oatchi’s collar seems to match the color you chose, too; I believe it was red in the trailers, but it was green for me.

At first, I wanted to try making a Hatsune Miku character, but the options don’t really let you recreate her well, so I went with my own green dude/girl/idk I just went with options I liked and called them CJ after myself.

The Pikmin who don’t have an onion are still able to reside within the main onion belonging to the other Pikmin. If they pick up pellets or other food, though, they’ll only reproduce the Pikmin the onion belongs to, so in my case, Red Pikmin, since I’ve only obtained Red and Ice Pikmin so far. I wonder if you can get onions for Ice etc. later in the game? I don’t yet know how you’re supposed to get more of them, unless you’re just supposed to find them and try your best to keep them alive. I know in the trailers, the main onion only had Reds, Blues, and Yellows at max.

There’s also a limit to the number of Pikmin you can have out on the field; the number is much smaller than in previous games, but can be raised if you collect this thing called “flarlic.” It’s a garlic thing, but it looks like a pale, greenish or yellowish Pikmin onion. I thought it was gonna be the Yellow Onion until it got explained xD I was a little worried about the limit before playing, since I read about it online and there was gameplay featuring it, but so far it seems fine, well-balanced and just as fun as previous games.

The demo ends once you obtain 1500 sparklium and end the day, I’ll probably finish it tomorrow. Seems like a pretty decent length for a demo. Still, once it ends, I will be excitedly waiting for more in the full game next month! :D

Shroob

Sup?
So people have dug around in the files and found some things after the last update:

29 new TMs were added, bringing the total number of TMs up to 201. The moves they teach are currently unknown.

The Mightiest Mark had its description changed, removing the mention of 7* Tera Raids.

Illuminate got made into a copy of Keen Eye.

There's mention of a potential Mew Battle of "Mew is going all out!". Maybe a Mew Tera Raid of some kind?

The ONE thing they said the update was for, aka fixing the "This move has an increased Critical Hit Rate!" text on the Hisuian Moves like Dire Claw or Ceaseless Edge.......... they didn't actually fix.

Small indie company plz understand.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
You know what confuses me?
How isnt there a Fighter exclusivly focused arround marvel in the current era?!
I mean not that the roster would be good (beacuse they probably force in bad replacements and promotional picks)
But still its weird!

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I think the developers don't want you to worry about what's "intended" and want you to just do things your own way.
idk, I feel like most of the time I've been cheezing the puzzles (which is satisfying in its own right) but there is some areas where I genuinly don't tnink the game expected you to be here yet(like that 1 train track in the garden of time where one of the rails is broken so if you send a cart up you just fall to your death : I couldn't figure out a way to take the hook, cart, and fan and combine them to get past that obstacle so I literally dragged one of the floating blocks from another section of the island all the way over and used some fans to get to the other side instead, it wasn't very satisfying)

another thing is that GOD the muscle memory related to the paraglider sucks lol, I keep jumping and mashing B before forgetting I don't have my anti-fall damage tool

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I was thinking about going to see Ruby Gillman today, not out of any particularly burning desire to see it but rather because I have nothing better to do so I might as well support DreamWorks.

Then I found out that they only seemingly screen it dubbed so lol

DynamicSmasher

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to get back into Anime/Manga now that I've finished my studies. I quite enjoyed season 1 of Spy x Family. It was a little slow plot-wise after the first 3 episodes or so, but it's a decent and cosy slice-of-life/comedy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not the games fault for being the perfect farming game. :ultenderman:
It would be perfect
If it wasnt for the "big business bad" life lesson they try to ram into your head
And the fact people walk ouy of the store right when you enter
And the fishing minigame
And the ugly portriats-

Tbh the more I played stardew, the more I realized i missed the simplicity of Harvest Moon, now Story of Season

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Top Bottom