• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Next installment of Shonen Smash Bros. coming soon!
This is a reddit leak that had said the game would have like 163 playable characters (Some characters who make no sense) and also it reuses the same subtitle as a persona 4 spinoff (Isn't an immediate deal breaker but is eyebrow raise worthy)

I highly doubt this specifically is real.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Next installment of Shonen Smash Bros. coming soon!
Hopefully, if it's real, it'll be a better showing than Jump Force. I was curious about it, but the roster felt like an overall downgrade compared to Victory Vs. IMO.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's kind of similar to the MHA Logo I think. I doubt its real. Could be wrong, but that'd be like if they made a crossover and just used the DBZ font instead of something that's a bit more all encompassing.

But I'm probably getting my logos mixed up.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is a reddit leak that had said the game would have like 163 playable characters (Some characters who make no sense) and also it reuses the same subtitle as a persona 4 spinoff (Isn't an immediate deal breaker but is eyebrow raise worthy)

Honestly Chainsaw Man's roster being represented exclusively by character Denji has fantasized about alongside himself is so ****ing funny, you gonna tell me that anyone would put Angel and Kobeni before Aki? And Jujutsu Kaisen having Nobara but not Megumi? I love my girl to bits but she is not getting prioritized

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly Chainsaw Man's roster being represented exclusively by character Denji has fantasized about alongside himself is so ****ing funny, you gonna tell me that anyone would put Angel and Kobeni before Aki? And Jujutsu Kaisen having Nobara but not Megumi? I love my girl to bits but she is not getting prioritized
I'm actually just now looking at the leak and it says ARLONG as a boss fight

This is how you can tell whoever made that fake didn't get far into One Piece because what crossover that includes One Piece in the year of our lord 2023 will have the literal weakest main antagonist the series has had as one of the main bosses. Like, Luffy is an emperor now, that's just several layers beneath him

Even without taking powerscaling into consideration it's a dumb choice

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bruh this is so sick and they even made a real ass suit for this. Anno cooked so hard that they somehow accomplished this

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

What's insane about this roster is instead of fixing JF's issues, it makes them 20 times worse. You're seriously telling me that with 150+ characters and a magazine that has run for 55 years and has 40+ series' in Wikipedia's "best-selling manga" list alone, you still stick to only the most basic mainstream picks imaginable? **** off

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
What's insane about this roster is instead of fixing JF's issues, it makes them 20 times worse. You're seriously telling me that with 150+ characters and a magazine that has run for 55 years and has 40+ series' in Wikipedia's "best-selling manga" list alone, you still stick to only the most basic mainstream picks imaginable? **** off
Thats the most believable part tbh

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, looking atnthis list, that is the most boring roster I have ever seen
Where the **** is Bobobo, Don patch, jelly Jiggler, Beauty and Gasser

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Actually this is the same roster you showed me on Discord

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sakurai talking about Kid Icarus Uprising will be something I’m seated for

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Oof. Score another loss for Pixar (And Disney). I wonder what they're doing wrong to keep have this happening?
Well, a few things:
  1. The marketing was nonexistant. Aside from a couple trailers, Disney been real silent about this one. Like real silent.
  2. What they have shown doesn't look all that interesting. Looks like a samey, generic, opposites attract romance movie. We seen it before
  3. And probably the biggest reason, it's being released on the same day as The Flash

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Isn't this just an estimate though?
It is but it's sandwiched in between so many blockbusters that I think the projection will be accurate.

Like it was unavoidable when you release in June, but releasing after Spiderverse, before Indiana Jones 4, and the same day as The Flash and Asteroid City when your own movie has 0 marketing is... yeesh

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It is but it's sandwiched in between so many blockbusters that I think the projection will be accurate.

Like it was unavoidable when you release in June, but releasing after Spiderverse, before Indiana Jones 4, and the same day as The Flash and Asteroid City when your own movie has 0 marketing is... yeesh
If I didn't know better, I'd say Disney is actively trying to kill Pixar with how they've been treating them lately

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Jondolio

Smash Hero
On a different note, I started reading Jujutsu Kaisen from the beginning (including what the anime has adapted so far) so while I'm already familiar with the story, this is still one of the most binge friendly manga I've ever read

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I have doubts on that, but I have a feeling they're gonna slap it on D+ in like a month simply because they're losing subs and they keep trying to recreate Encanto's success
To be fair, I'd say the blame is mostly on former CEO Bob Chapek and Kareem Daniel's decisions and strategy to relegate 3 Pixar films (Soul. Luca and Turning Red) to streaming.

Iger's got an awful lot of work to do if he is going to put things right and to correct the mistakes left by the two.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, I'd say the blame is mostly on former CEO Bob Chapek and Kareem Daniel's decisions and strategy to relegate 3 Pixar films (Soul. Luca and Turning Red) to streaming.

Iger's got an awful lot of work to do if he is going to put things right and to correct the mistakes left by the two.
Now in all fairness, Soul was released during the height of the pandemic, COVID was still an national emergency when Luca was released. No idea on Turning Red though

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can't say Elemental looks something worth watching. Everything I've seen looks boring and nothing sticks out.

If it's actually good I'll watch it on Disney+.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Now in all fairness, Soul was released during the height of the pandemic, COVID was still an national emergency when Luca was released. No idea on Turning Red though
Whilst you are correct about Soul and Luca which is fair and understandable due to the situation at the time, Turning Red was originally meant to be screened in theaters, however they decided to pull the plug and decided to put it on Disney+ instead which is a rather odd decision but at the same time this also alienates the creative teams that had worked on the film.

Will say that Covid had pretty much impacted a lot of decisions for Disney and Bob Chapek especially with how things went with the Black Widow simultaneous releases in theaters and streaming that ended up with Scarlett Johannson filing a lawsuit.

As for the Elementals, I do hope it ends up being good even though the box office projections are not promising. Although it will be interesting to see how thw word of mouth from audiences goes.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Elemental seems like a concept that should be brilliant, but elemental-themed characters and even entire settings have been done so many times throughout all of fiction by now that just using it as the setting of what looks like a segregated society + an opposites attract/star-crossed lovers story instead seems painfully generic and uninspired.

Stellar animation aside, it just doesn't look all that interesting. All the ideas it's limited trailers have shown so far have been done before.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I found Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken to actually be a lot more interesting then this tbh.

With DreamWork's intention to make "Ariel" evil (That design was no coincidence I can definitely tell that DreamWorks was officially making fun of Disney) and swapping the species' role you'd expect them to be. Krakens being good who are often depicted as evil, mermaids being evil when often being depicted as good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom