• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Question for y'all: Which version of Super Mario World had the best Luigi? I gave all of them the same palette to make comparing easier.

1684520009545.png

I personally rank them in this order:
1. Super Mario Maker 2
2. Super Mario All-Stars
3. Super Mario Advance 2
4. Original (since it's just a Mario palette swap)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Question for y'all: Which version of Super Mario World had the best Luigi? I gave all of them the same palette to make comparing easier.

View attachment 372244

I personally rank them in this order:
1. Super Mario Maker 2
2. Super Mario All-Stars
3. Super Mario Advance 2
4. Original (since it's just a Mario palette swap)
For me, it's a tie-between Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Maker 2. They both come closer to modern design, but if we're going by the original game and versions of it, it's Super Mario All-Stars since Mario Maker 2 is more of it's own thing with the same style, and obviously higher quality graphics since it's a modern game.

Super Mario Advance 2 looks kinda wonky, and the original is just literal Green Mario.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm on my Xbox Series X's home menu and one of the first things I see is an ad for The Super Mario Bros. Movie

What a time to live in.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Oof. Score another loss for Pixar (And Disney). I wonder what they're doing wrong to keep have this happening?
Simple, they havent made a good movie in years.

At least there are some good replies.

This is never releasing
You wanna know my gut feeling?

They found a massive glitch in the code as per usual with scarlet and violet and they didnt want to risk the amount of people complaining that their decades worth of monsters would be deleted like that. So they postponed it to try and fix the glitch before the bad press gets out.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seams kind of redundant.
So were RoboCop, Terminator and Rambo.

And with the craze popularity of The Boys and Invincible. I personally don't think that's far-fetched. Ed Boon said on his Twitter he'd be open for Omni-Man especially being in Mortal Kombat.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

And with the craze popularity of The Boys and Invincible. I personally don't think that's far-fetched. Ed Boon said on his Twitter he'd be open for Omni-Man especially being in Mortal Kombat.
RoboCop, Terminator and Rambo weren't sold in the same pass. They were spread across three separate packs.

Two evil Supermen and two sorcerer dudes in the same pack is boring even if Quan-Chi and Ermac are great picks.

I'm also looking on the website. Where does it state Johnny Cage being playable in the base game?
Where it mentions him with the other playable characters and where they mention Johnny having a JCVD skin.

Mortal Kombat 1 will feature reimagined fighters like they’ve never been seen before, including Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Johnny Cage, and many others
The Kombat Pack will feature a Johnny Cage character skin with the likeness of famed actor and martial artist, Jean-Claude Van Damme (available at launch)
They're not selling a separate skin at launch for an assist that isn't even in the game yet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I’d love to see how Omni-Man and Homelander would interact if this leak turns out true. I would love to recreate the Death Battle by Rooster Teeth between the two.

EDIT: I am sure it is fake, though.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Peacemaker as John Cena in MK1
or
John Cena as Peacemaker in MK1

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finding the option to change control style in Street Fighter 6 open beta was a real hassle.

I prefer classic controls over modern controls

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finding the option to change control style in Street Fighter 6 open beta was a real hassle.

I prefer classic controls over modern controls
I already prefer the modern controls cause it can hide my **** ass Street Fighters skills

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I already prefer the modern controls cause it can hide my **** ass Street Fighters skills
I just don’t like how you don’t have the ability to choose weather or not to punch or kick. I get that this was probably the easiest way to simplify it for the modern style. But it makes more sense to me to have the buttons be “punch, kick, special” than “light, medium, heavy, special”.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just don’t like how you don’t have the ability to choose weather or not to punch or kick. I get that this was probably the easiest way to simplify it for the modern style. But it makes more sense to me to have the buttons be “punch, kick, special” than “light, medium, heavy, special”.
that’s why the classic controls are there for those who want to punch or kick instead of both

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’ll wait and see what they’re cooking before judging
Edit: nvm she voiced Willow in Owl House…I fully support this casting choice

Last edited:
Top Bottom