• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Two weeks away from Across the Spider-Verse.

My body is totally ready. I rewatched Into the Spider-Verse again a few days ago. Rewatching again, it was better than I expected. Up there with Spider-Man 2 Let's see where this puts Across the Spider-Verse.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly I'm not that devestated about the Pokemon Home delay, gives me more time for Tears of the Kingdom.

Seriously, it's hard for me to find time for gaming these days.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I'm not that devestated about the Pokemon Home delay, gives me more time for Tears of the Kingdom.

I just want it out so I can delete Pokemon GO off my phone.

I hate how they keep forcing GO if you want to collect ALL the Pokemons.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

When this post first loaded, before I read it in its entirety, my brain just saw “Pokémon” and “Kingdom” and made me think you were talking about a game called “Pokémon Kingdom” for a microsecond. I wonder what sort of game would earn such a title?

Shroob

Sup?
When this post first loaded, before I read it in its entirety, my brain just saw “Pokémon” and “Kingdom” and made me think you were talking about a game called “Pokémon Kingdom” for a microsecond. I wonder what sort of game would earn such a title?
A board game that ends friendships.

Oh wait

Pokemon Kingdom

Not Dokapon Kingdom

My bad.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pokémon but it’s a medieval era place and you’re the new king for some reason and you gotta help people with random stuff all while catching ‘em all and building stuff. Also there’s sci-fi and other random areas too despite initially seeming to just be medieval, with different Pokémon and building materials in each.

idk I just thought of My Sims Kingdom

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know I'm late but I just wamna say that I will not stand for the "GoTG 3 was the only good MCU movie after Endgame" take because that is Black Panther 2 erasure and I will not stand for that.

Note: same goes for No Way Home but y'all already brought that up.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Shang-Chi, No Way Home, Black Panther 2, and Guardians 3.

Those are the only MCU films I enjoyed after the infinity saga, and with no other films that really interest me in sight, I can enter a state of not giving a **** about the MCU anymore forever

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe this generation we’ll finally get Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter.
Still think that’d be difficult to pull off considering I doubt Capcom wants to have their SF characters ripped apart in gory ways and it’ll be contentious with MK fans if they go the other way. Even going the MKvsDC route might be too far for Capcom

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Still think that’d be difficult to pull off considering I doubt Capcom wants to have their SF characters ripped apart in gory ways and it’ll be contentious with MK fans if they go the other way. Even going the MKvsDC route might be too far for Capcom
Honestly I’d be fine with a Street Fighter x Tekken situation where it’s just MK characters in a Capcom fighter.

Plus, either way, I think Capcom should be the ones to develop it. Then they can decide where the boundaries are. I care more about the characters being allowed to cross over and fight each other than there being explicit blood and gore.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Damn, my dad REALLY doesnt want white people working on my hair.. even though he isnt even sure they worked on black hair before because we never asked. Yeesh

The place I looked at was nice but then he looked at the pictures of the place and when "white people. Personaly, I think you should go to an all black salon". Bro?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Damn, my dad REALLY doesnt want white people working on my hair.. even though he isnt even sure they worked on black hair before because we never asked. Yeesh

The place I looked at was nice but then he looked at the pictures of the place and when "white people. Personaly, I think you should go to an all black salon". Bro?
I mean tbf I understand what your dad mean. When I was in college, I did not get a singoe haircut because I did not trust white people to cut my hair, cause a lot of them never seen a black person in their life. And I know sire as hell they can't cut black hair

Also also, chances are a black lady knows how to do black lady hair.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Those are the only MCU films I enjoyed after the infinity saga, and with no other films that really interest me in sight, I can enter a state of not giving a **** about the MCU anymore forever
until the next Spider-Man of course

Jondolio

Smash Hero
until the next Spider-Man of course
Honestly after giving it some thought I'm not even sure I'll watch that

Apparently Jon Watts is on a break from directing and I don't know for how long, so if they have to get a new director I'm gonna be very cautious. It's not like I'm starved for Spider-Man content

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean tbf I understand what your dad mean. When I was in college, I did not get a singoe haircut because I did not trust white people to cut my hair, cause a lot of them never seen a black person in their life. And I know sire as hell they can't cut black hair

Also also, chances are a black lady knows how to do black lady hair.
Yeah,its understandable. I feel more comfy with blacks doing my hair but i was just like "damn, you didnt have to say it like that, dad"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The current reboot of Milestone Media is so good man. I'm finally reading it and I love it. It's contemporary but the characters always were contemporary and it just... MAN it's so good!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was watching a breakdown for the Mario movie and apparently during the news broadcast, there’s a headline saying:

Mysterious signal detected from the SR388 solar system.

Which is a pretty cool Metroid reference to see. Also numerous signs have Mr Game and Watch on it. Which I didn’t see the first time either.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Hot take but I have fun with all of the post-Phase 3 MCU films EXCEPT for Black Widow.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Another good episode of Helluva Boss.

Is there something going on with Erica Lindbeck? She hasn't provided lines for Loona for the past two episodes (she was credited in this one)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lately I’ve been realizing I’ve had moments where I was… not nice. Dare I say toxic, sometimes.

done a lot of self reflecting. Want to say I’m sorry for the way I acted in those times and I’m going to be more mindful of my behavior going forward.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Finished binged watching all the episodes of the Invincible series and wow, really impressed with the storytelling, how Mark Grayson's character was well developed as well as its voice acting. Can't wait to see what the second season of Invincible will be like.

I'm aware that there was a Mortal Kombat 1 DLC leak rumour which was supposedly from Amazon Italy that had Omni-Man as part of the pass in which is an interesting choice and I would like to see how he will interact with other characters.

Hot take but I have fun with all of the post-Phase 3 MCU films EXCEPT for Black Widow.
The Phase 4 films that I enjoyed were Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever whilst I also enjoyed WandaVision, Loki, Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight on Disney+.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I had fun with Doctor Strange cause even though the writing was dog****, Sam Raimi's direction is more creative and dynamic than anything else in this franchise.
I did NOT have fun with Love and Thunder, that movie disappointed me to my core like few pieces of fiction I've seen have.
Didn't see Eternals and Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania lol

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Only MCU movies I watched post Endgame were Far From Home which I have mixed feelings on but liked for the most part, MoM which was just cause of Sam Raimi, fun **** when his style comes through but goddamn do I hate what they did to America, No Way Home against my better judgement and I couldn't even finish it and Ant Man cause a friend wanted to go to the movies together and it was either that or Way of Water. GotG3 should be next week for me with friends though and I'm looking forward to that

Top Bottom