• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
TBH SE doesn't bug me 'cause they at least offer ways for you to purchase and listen to it, so I get it.

Nintendo is just out here malding people dare enjoy things and I honest to goodness don't understand why outside of it must be a cultural thing or traditionalism or something. 'Cause it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the easy money it would be to toss the Mario, Zelda, and Splatoon OSTs on Spotify and YT and just make money off of the engagement and basically free advertising.
Nintendo's always behind in the times.

"What is this internets? Is it really a series of tubes like the current President of the United States George W.Bush claims it is?"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Stranger things Mfers when they see the grandfather clock in the trailer again tomorrow:
1654048865820.jpeg

(The Main Character will be running up that hill)

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Stranger things Mfers when they see the grandfather clock in the trailer again tomorrow:
View attachment 353748
(The Main Character will be running up that hill)
Will the last episode of the show be called Strangest Things? Because there won't be any more strange things to find, we've reached the apex. Unless the Strangest Thing was in a prior episode, in which case all subsequent episodes should have been called "not quite as Strange Things".

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Will the last episode of the show be called Strangest Things? Because there won't be any more strange things to find, we've reached the apex. Unless the Strangest Thing was in a prior episode, in which case all subsequent episodes should have been called "not quite as Strange Things".
show then either gets a 6th season or a spin off show

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
- Boost is still probably part of the moveset??? You can kinda hear the sound effect when he starts moving faster, but there doesn't seem to be any boost aura around him. Strange.
It seems that it now exists as a non combat option which makes sense seing how much slower Sonic ran in combat with the Spin Cycle, I can imagine that the intentional choice to let Sonic run a circle around enemies to start air combos would make Boost incredibly awkward in fights

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this Disney Town like area in Birth by Sleep (and the other games via Disney Castle) has such a nice song to listen to on a nonstop loop. This one is definitely far more happy and Disney like compared to the more hero preparing for an adventure type of thing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Doing some optional bosses in KH now. Beat the Hades Cup, and the Phantom.

The Phantom may genuinelly be one of the worst bosses in video game history. **** is BORING and it also just ****ing sucks.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So this just in, Masuda's leaving GameFreak to work as the Chief Creative Fellow at TPC. BDSP is his last game he directed, but man what a hell of a series he gave us. Gonna be interesting to see how the games goes without him directing and/or producing.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So this just in, Masuda's leaving GameFreak to work as the Chief Creative Fellow at TPC. BDSP is his last game he directed, but man what a hell of a series he gave us. Gonna be interesting to see how the games goes without him directing and/or producing.
Finally, Pokémon can be good again.

nah but seriously I'm gonna miss him, though judging by PLA the games are in good hands

Theguy123

Smash Lord
TBH SE doesn't bug me 'cause they at least offer ways for you to purchase and listen to it, so I get it.

Nintendo is just out here malding people dare enjoy things and I honest to goodness don't understand why outside of it must be a cultural thing or traditionalism or something. 'Cause it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the easy money it would be to toss the Mario, Zelda, and Splatoon OSTs on Spotify and YT and just make money off of the engagement and basically free advertising.
tbf Nintendo did put the odyssey soundtrack out on iTunes. They’ve taken it back down but they did put it up because I remember buying one of the Pauline songs. Wish they’d do more stuff like that even if they don’t stay up though

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Finally, Pokémon can be good again.

nah but seriously I'm gonna miss him, though judging by PLA the games are in good hands
It's probably gonna ok, I think GF is trying to get younger and fresh new blood for a new direction of the franchise, as well as being willing to outsource. Masuda gave us a legendary stretch of games, but I think it's gonma be fine.

However he probably won't be composing anymore which is by far the biggest loss.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My grevences with the post few pokemon games aside, I wish him all the best
However he probably won't be composing anymore which is by far the biggest loss.
tenor (8).gif

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly, I see this as good news.

No hate towards Masuda, it seems clear to me that he really does love Pokemon - but it's clear from his interviews and design decisions that he's gotten a bit out of touch. It's about time the torch was passed.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Read the first 3 issues of the Sonic IDW comics

I love the characterizations of Sonic and his friends there. Sassy Tails is best Tails and I really like Amy as well

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I see this as good news.

No hate towards Masuda, it seems clear to me that he really does love Pokemon - but it's clear from his interviews and design decisions that he's gotten a bit out of touch. It's about time the torch was passed.
Yeah, I kinda agree bit granted he hasn't really done much lately. Seems as if him leaving was gonna happen, aside from BDSP the last time he directed was X&Y

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Okay, I just watched the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trailer.

Damn this looks really good, multiplayer support(I think? idk how else to interpret that scene of 4 trainers traveling at once and then 2 trainers trading pokemon), animations look decently polished, battles are more fluid, etc. The only thing I'm not liking so much is it feels like the few designs we've seen so far Pokemon wise are either mega overdesigned(the box legends) or way too simple and they don't really feel like Pokemon to me, but who knows, they'll probably grow on me and its a first impression after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom