• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Given what the Sonic cast does on a daily basis, they should be given more muscle definition.

Give Sonic leg muscles, give Amy and Knuckles some biceps, and Tails should have the strongest glutes known to man.

Eggman's already perfect tho.
After all, why would Eggman need muscles when he has a GUN.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet news tomorrow...

You have less than 23 hours before the blood sc-sc-scarlets and the water viiiiiiolets show the friggin' news!

What time is the event, by the way?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They recently reminded people that she knows boxing

Have her legit punch Eggman in the face.
Amy casually knocking the **** out of Eggman for causing more problems would be a nice moment to have
Given what the Sonic cast does on a daily basis, they should be given more muscle definition.

Give Sonic leg muscles, give Amy and Knuckles some biceps, and Tails should have the strongest glutes known to man.

Eggman's already perfect tho.
Boom Knuckles return incoming

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tbh Sonic Frontiers having emphasis on combat that isn't just Spin/Homing attacks or rumning in to things is something we haven't seen in forever for main games, makes me hope we get some action scenes as cool as the IDW comics. This is the start of beauty for example
View attachment 353727
The fight scenes in Sonic IDW are great. Especially those fights with the Deadly Six in the Metal Virus arc.

That's right, they somehow made fights with the Deadly Six cool.

THE DEADLY SIX.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe I should read the Sonic Comics.

I only read the Mega Drive ones which honest to God need a comeback.
They're good ****. I found a fandub of issue 7 which is where that page came from which I feel should give you enough of an idea of the quality

Good storylines, good understanding of characters (except Shadow cause lol company mandates), good art and action

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So what do we think about these sky rails?

View attachment 353729
Look cool when you're riding on them, look dumb when you're looking up at them, haha. Sky rails aren't new to the Sonic games, obviously, though I admittedly wish these felt like they had a bit more of a "place in the world," if you will.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I must say, the reception for Sonic Frontiers is better than I'd thought it be. It is ranging from great to nice mostly, with a few "not good"s here and there. So far, it looks like a good start.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So what do we think about these sky rails?

View attachment 353729
I'd prefer if it looked more Sonic-y but whatever I just need this game to be good. From a game design standpoint, they seem to serve as faster transportation than just running through the fields, so they're likely gonna be practical and convinient
I will never not be mad
At least the people making the movies may get a free pass considering the comments made shows they really want SA2 Shadow and not Schoolyard Bully Shadow we've had since like 2009

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'd prefer if it looked more Sonic-y but whatever I just need this game to be good. From a game design standpoint, they seem to serve as faster transportation than just running through the fields, so they're likely gonna be practical and convinient

At least the people making the movies may get a free pass considering the comments made shows they really want SA2 Shadow and not Schoolyard Bully Shadow we've had since like 2009
Inb4 Sega and Paramount force them to make ridiculously edgy Shadow like 2005 Shadow

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The fight scenes in Sonic IDW are great. Especially those fights with the Deadly Six in the Metal Virus arc.

That's right, they somehow made fights with the Deadly Six cool.

THE DEADLY SIX.
tbh that whole Metal Virus stuff that went down was one of those rare times in history where a story dragging on for far too long was actually a great thing to do
Inb4 Sega and Paramount force them to make ridiculously edgy Shadow like 2005 Shadow
he then gets voiced by either Josh Brolin, Keanu Reeves, or…Tom Kenny Jason Griffin

Dukefire

Smash Master
I am worried for Sonic's next outing as his previous games wasn't the best. (Except for Mania) I just hope Sonic Team can make Sonic Frontiers great.
Screenshot_20210622-184707_YouTube.jpg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Okay, some more indepth thoughts about the Frontiers teaser:

- The environments look amazing. Visually, it's a huge step up from Forces and I'm gettin' some Unleashed vibes from it, definitely a fan.

- The gameplay looks like it's trying something new with just a hint of Adventure flair. I'm so dang happy we're not gonna be doing another hallway simulator (Colors and Gens enjoyer BTW, just Forces soured me on the idea of another Boost game).

- Music is 😩👌

- Combat looks sick, kinda reminds me of the cool ideas Shadow's gameplay had in 06 and some of the cooler stuff I've seen from fangames. Really liking that they're giving Sonic movesets again instead of just "hehehehehhheehh fast run go ball SWOOSH BAM BOOM".

- Boost is still probably part of the moveset??? You can kinda hear the sound effect when he starts moving faster, but there doesn't seem to be any boost aura around him. Strange.

- Amy is in it so it will be good.

- I hope they have more themes than just grassy field.

Game looks good, am excite. :nifty:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay, some more indepth thoughts about the Frontiers teaser:

- The environments look amazing. Visually, it's a huge step up from Forces and I'm gettin' some Unleashed vibes from it, definitely a fan.

- The gameplay looks like it's trying something new with just a hint of Adventure flair. I'm so dang happy we're not gonna be doing another hallway simulator (Colors and Gens enjoyer BTW, just Forces soured me on the idea of another Boost game).

- Music is 😩👌

- Combat looks sick, kinda reminds me of the cool ideas Shadow's gameplay had in 06 and some of the cooler stuff I've seen from fangames. Really liking that they're giving Sonic movesets again instead of just "hehehehehhheehh fast run go ball SWOOSH BAM BOOM".

- Boost is still probably part of the moveset??? You can kinda hear the sound effect when he starts moving faster, but there doesn't seem to be any boost aura around him. Strange.

- Amy is in it so it will be good.

- I hope they have more themes than just grassy field.

Game looks good, am excite. :nifty:
That grassy plains area seems to all be one location in the game, at least I'm guessing. Having your locations be distinct is scenery design 101, so I highly doubt that what we saw was more than one world. I hope, haha.

Last edited:

MooMew64

That grassy plains area seems to all be one location in the game, at least I'm guessing. Having your locations be distinct is scenery design 101, so I highly doubt that what we saw was more than one world.
Yeah, I'm sure there's at least a desert.

'CAUSE GREEN HILL IS LOOKIN' A LOT MORE LIKE SAN-

MooMew64

Anyone have the popcorn ready? I could use some for tomorrow.
Eh

Don't give them too much credit, it won't be creative bickering: Pokémon fans will pick a new piece of geometry or vegetation that has apparently committed an immortal sin and then whine about a cherrypicked animation, and Sonic fans will probably whine about the model more and then devolve into fighting over the gameplay style.

They'll then both whine how their company hates them.

And then proceed to praise their current golden child (Pokémon is still on about Gen 5 and HGSS, and Sonic is still stanning the heck outta Unleashed).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Eh

Don't give them too much credit, it won't be creative bickering: Pokémon fans will pick a new piece of geometry or vegetation that has apparently committed an immortal sin and then whine about a cherrypicked animation, and Sonic fans will probably whine about the model more and then devolve into fighting over the gameplay style.

They'll then both whine how their company hates them.

And then proceed to praise their current golden child (Pokémon is still on about Gen 5 and HGSS, and Sonic is still stanning the heck outta Unleashed).
Well, I will still find it entertaining.

Still, you are not wrong. I can see Sonic fans complain about such things.

Now, have Sonic and Pokemon do a collaboration game, and thus have the two fanbases get together. Imagine how bad that would get.

MooMew64

Well, I will still find it entertaining.

Still, you are not wrong. I can see Sonic fans complain about such things.

Now, have Sonic and Pokemon do a collaboration game, and thus have the two fanbases get together. Imagine how bad that would get.
Finally do what SEGA and GamEfreAk won't do and give us good games:

just add stock deer and boom, masterpiece

maybe an empty stretch of land I can glide to and do nothing in, too, that'd be sick as heck

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Finally do what SEGA and GamEfreAk won't do and give us good games:

just add stock deer and boom, masterpiece

maybe an empty stretch of land I can glide to and do nothing in, too, that'd be sick as heck
Oh my god! Me and my big mouth! That made me laugh! It'd be funny if they actually did that.

But yeah, I am not familiar with Pokemon, as I have not played the games in a long time, but I have seen the chaos from Sword and Shield.

MooMew64

Wasn't there a Sonic comic where Super Sonic was actually an alternate personality of Sonic that he tried to suppress because it made him extremely bloodthirsty and crazed?
Yup! Sonic the Comic, the UK's Sonic comic.

Sonic is pretty much a sociopath in that comic, though, lol.

MooMew64

And the Brits say that we're the ones who love violence smh.
Sonic spends half the comic reminding Tails that he hates him with every fiber of his being.

Like, dead up, I'm pretty sure Sonic multiple times basically tells Tails "lol it'd be great if you just died".

And then it gave us this:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sonic spends half the comic reminding Tails that he hates him with every fiber of his being.

Like, dead up, I'm pretty sure Sonic multiple times basically tells Tails "lol it'd be great if you just died".

And then it gave us this:

Man, Sonic in that comic sounds like he should seriously get some help, you know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom