• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear 's AMA is now up!

if any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I have now watched all three Fate Heaven's Feel films back to back on Blu-Ray/DVD.

The animation is just godly. Seeing Sakura being twisted into a monster, the dream sequence, Rider vs Saber was just amazing. Best to worst would be 3, 2, 1 easy but yeah.

1654038458040.png

Its midnight. My eyes are ****in wrecked bro so I'm going to bed.

YO FORGET POKEFAIL AND SONIC THE MIDHOG:

finally

real content
Finally! Square Mammoths!

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
We're approaching Singularity, folks

Reactions: ---

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If you own either Java or Bedrock, you get the other for free now I think.

They really want people on both.
Really I'd think they'd just want people using Bedrock, since it's the one with crossplay. But since modders prefer modding Java and people with OS's other than Windows 10 can't play Bedrock on their PCs, Java still has to be supported.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m out of the loop. What’s the difference?
Java is much more driven on open-source community projects while Bedrock has teams that become official content creators for it that launch stuff on the Minecraft Marketplace. That's where a lot of these mashup packs come from!

Gameplay-wise, they're pretty close to each other, but Bedrock has more QoL mechanics than Java does by quite a lot. Java has the better modding community, although Bedrock gets really wild content packs on the store that add fantastic stuff that change the game's genre sometimes. It's pretty much where all the adventure map makers went.

Really I'd think they'd just want people using Bedrock, since it's the one with crossplay. But since modders prefer modding Java and people with OS's other than Windows 10 can't play Bedrock on their PCs, Java still has to be supported.
Nah, they see the merits in both. Java's playerbase is too big to ever get rid of now and they get easy points with the community by still having it be the "main" version, while Bedrock is there for the more casual players and creators who want to turn their MC works into a source of income.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wasn't there a Sonic comic where Super Sonic was actually an alternate personality of Sonic that he tried to suppress because it made him extremely bloodthirsty and crazed?
yes and Ken penders must be pissed the movie adapted this story line as Knuckles warns of Super Sonic being very similar to the comics.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
some nice costume (and a character) leaks for Multiversus

MooMew64

Suprised Aacro is still alive tbh.
Legit, I'mma just listen to remixes now.

Some of these remixers are making better tracks than the originals anyways, so TBH I'm kind of just like "whatever" at this point. I don't have it in me to yell about this anymore. :034:

What's interesting is that they don't seem to care about compilations or atmospheric edit uploads. Maybe those are transformative enough for them? Company's weird, man: These peeps legit never aged past 1995.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Legit, I'mma just listen to remixes now.

Some of these remixers are making better tracks than the originals anyways, so TBH I'm kind of just like "whatever" at this point. I don't have it in me to yell about this anymore. :034:

What's interesting is that they don't seem to care about compilations or atmospheric edit uploads. Maybe those are transformative enough for them? Company's weird, man: These peeps legit never aged past 1995.
I wonder if it has to do with Japan copyright, there was a channel that had the entire FF7 soundtrack up and extended and it dissappeared under mysterious circumstances.

And by mysterious I mean Square probably nuked em.

MooMew64

I wonder if it has to do with Japan copyright, there was a channel that had the entire FF7 soundtrack up and extended and it dissappeared under mysterious circumstances.

And by mysterious I mean Square probably nuked em.
Japan is funky as heck with copyright because Doujins exist and there are franchises like Touhou that absolutely do not care and you pretty much can do whatever you want.

I'd say it more has to do with Nintendo being weird about people interacting with their content in ways they don't expect or "intend". Like, dead up it feels like they think someone listening to a Mario song on YT is gonna damage their experience with the game. I'd actually recommend looking into stuff like The Gaming Historian's documentaries on the company as well as some of the newest interviews from Reggie: a lot of the stuff coming out of there is really showing what kind of people run the company and it makes this stuff make a lot more sense when you learn about who they are as people and Japanese service industry culture.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've been lying all this time guys. It's time for the truth.
I am Among Us.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
and there are franchises like Touhou that absolutely do not care and you pretty much can do whatever you want.
To be fair, Touhou isn't owned by a massive corporation. Even if Zun wanted to take down its 9 quadrillion fan projects, he doesn't have the same power that Nintendo and Square-Enix would.

MooMew64

To be fair, Touhou isn't owned by a massive corporation. Even if Zun wanted to take down its 9 quadrillion fan projects, he doesn't have the same power that Nintendo and Square-Enix would.
TBH SE doesn't bug me 'cause they at least offer ways for you to purchase and listen to it, so I get it.

Nintendo is just out here malding people dare enjoy things and I honest to goodness don't understand why outside of it must be a cultural thing or traditionalism or something. 'Cause it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the easy money it would be to toss the Mario, Zelda, and Splatoon OSTs on Spotify and YT and just make money off of the engagement and basically free advertising.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What's scares me is where do you go after Dynamax, which is literally Megas and Z-Moves put together? Like, at this point, it's gotta be something completely new, right? And how will it affect combat?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What's scares me is where do you go after Dynamax, which is literally Megas and Z-Moves put together? Like, at this point, it's gotta be something completely new, right? And how will it affect combat?
Pokémon get a third type temporarily while having some new transformation that gives them an excuse to not make megas or regionals for the Pokémon that need it, and give them power ups that we will never see again.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pokémon get a third type temporarily while having some new transformation that gives them an excuse to not make megas or regionals for the Pokémon that need it, and give them power ups that we will never see again.
I was talking to a man in pajamas on Discord one time and he told me how he use to have dreams about Ampharos with hair, and I told him that was a real thing, and it took him three weeks to come to terms with it.

Gamefreak hurts people.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m out of the loop. What’s the difference?
Along with what Solar Nyan and TheMightyP said, some main differences are the marketplace being exclusive to Bedrock, and both editions of the game have some exclusive features between them, but nothing too major (for example, Java has hardcore mode and more things people can do with redstone thanks to bugs features, and Bedrock lets you dye water in cauldrons as well as put potions in cauldrons, and you can dip arrows in cauldron potions for tipped arrows, which are also in Java but aren't as easy to obtain. Bedrock also lets you place blocks over a ledge more easily).

On Java, if you don't want to play on an existing server, it's more difficult to set up your own online server without paying a host. You can play with friends locally, though, since you can set your singleplayer world to be a LAN world. Bedrock makes it as simple as just inviting your friends to your world, or passing them a second controller, and you can play with people on different systems. Technically Java players can play with Bedrock players too, but it requires things like GeyserMC, and it's buggy; idk how to setup a Java+Bedrock server myself.

Bedrock may also be easier to run depending on your system (even on modern PCs I think it still at least loads a bit faster iirc). The marketplace sometimes gives free stuff during special times, too, like holidays, summer stuff, or community appreciation events, and you can also find free stuff from some websites to use with the Windows edition.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dude I wanted wanted a regional or evolution of Dunsparce as well! It is very be time.
Make it a dragon you cowards.
There’s so many interesting type combos, fairy dragon, Fairy ground, ground normal, flying dragon, dragon normal, etc.

I would love to see any of them, especially if it keeps serene grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom