• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel an odd satisfaction knowing that the cinematic masterpiece known as Barbie is getting more attention than both Aquaman and Flash

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Do we know what Rebecca Sugar's been up to since Steven Universe ended? I saw she wrote a song for an episode of Amphibia, but I can't imagine that was particularly strenuous and she hasn't done much else. If they're taking a break that's completely fine and valid, but I'm really curious to see what does next, be it another Steven Universe spinoff or something entirely new.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
well there's your problem

Manjaro is actually incredibly janky, especially the way it tests packages for "stability" (read: it doesn't, they just wait 7 days before putting updates on its repositories)

but Pop! OS is still pretty decent despite one single incident where Linus Tech Tips screwed up installing Steam
What's interesting is that Manjaro itself works perfectly fine...

However...

The login screen doesn't boot into display. It's running, because inputting my password boots up the desktop and then everything runs like a dream, but it loses display signal on boot until I enter tty and enter startx or input my password and press enter on the blank screen.

And all I did was have my brother install a 5700XT over the old Nvidia 1060 that was in it. This is on fresh installs, too. :073:

TBH I might just cave and go for Mint, Pop, or Kubuntu, but we'll see. I like the environment of Manjaro, but even on a stable kernel, it's...Touchy.

EDIT: I should mention it's on KDE Plasma 'cause KDE is sick as heck and I love it.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
What's interesting is that Manjaro itself works perfectly fine...

However...

The login screen doesn't boot into display. It's running, because inputting my password boots up the desktop and then everything runs like a dream, but it loses display signal on boot until I enter tty and enter startx or input my password and press enter on the blank screen.

And all I did was have my brother install a 5700XT over the old Nvidia 1060 that was in it. This is on fresh installs, too. :073:

TBH I might just cave and go for Mint, Pop, or Kubuntu, but we'll see. I like environment of Manjaro, but even on a stable kernel, it's...Touchy.
I know this joke is overdone but I really gotta do it again
ngl though I did understand some of what you're saying but only like a eighth

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Not because of KDE, but because when you're using THE Ubuntu and not one of its forks, you're subject to being Canonical's guinea pig.
TBH it would give me a different flavor from my Steam Deck, so I'm thinking about it.

...Also, it's kinda funny how janky Arch seems to be (at least Manjaro), when SteamOS is probably like, the most buckled down, stable version of it. I wonder if they ever plan on releasing it to non-Deck users?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
yay DC Comics finally killed the Justice League as promised…but in a mostly anticlimatic way
BBB4000D-7D84-4272-9AB7-191CA5654D91.jpeg
6404097E-896A-42AD-91BC-CAA9DE7314E2.jpeg
AB3A6E66-25B5-4A5D-AD4D-75635148F1E3.jpeg
not done yet
2E9654B3-AF6C-40A9-B6BC-BE06CC56036C.jpeg

3D4D556D-F50C-492E-A240-89D0929AB2D5.jpeg

0A201FCB-CEAC-41AE-8870-D4F29440FD62.jpeg
604721BB-04D2-424A-88E8-EC4F9F7F05D2.jpeg
the entire thing was underwhelming yet hilarious with how quick it ended

bright side is that for a short bit, some new characters can take up comic book panel time, and Brian Michael Bendis is no longer working with DC currently...yay

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm this close to completing all of the Pokédexes in Sword. I just need some trade evolutions and Aurorus who I can't evolve during the day

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched the latest episode of Moon Knight and whilst Marc's past had been rather tragic from losing his brother that caused his mother to despise him (which was how his alternate alias Steven Grant was created) to Steven ultimately sacrificing himself so that Marc can provide himself with more balance and stability.

Dukefire

Smash Master
This movie still seems like a weird enigma

I'm still unsure how this movie will play out. Still, regardless if it's good or bad, it will hold until June. Lightyear and Jurassic World Dominion World will be released in theaters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't want to talk about how long I searched for sources for this one

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Jirae race:

1651070509023.png

“I’m Jirae Kawancha. I may be just bones without skin but I still see great!”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Nepalese mythology. A kawancha is a Newari word for “skeleton” and also refers to sentient skeletons with a long red tongue, roaming around human communities in order to find kids to kidnap and eat. Traditional latticed windows were said to be created to stop them. Kawanchas are on good terms with benevolent house creatures Khyah, who would convince their skeletal friends to stop their wrong ways and keep their home safe.

Skills: Mahama, Slumber Vortex, Diarama, Venom Chaser

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fallen race.

As per tradition with Nepalese figures, SMT misspells this demon’s name. Kawancha is also portrayed as a disease-causing demon. For a monster that literally eats children, it actually has a kinda cute design. I love its big, cartoony eye and traditional garb. Makes me wish it and Khyah would show up together in more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom