• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Crazy how I was just talking about DBFZ and how it sold like Crazy, and now we got another DLC character.

Wasn't expecting base form 21. But hey, ain't another Goku. Not sure if its a full season or not tho.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Oh yeah, I be better give my thoughts on No Way Home. It was really good. I haven't watched the Raimi/Webb movies, but I was able to keep up with things (and years of being on the Internet helped). It's also the first time I wad in a relatively full theater in a long time - it really added to the experience.
Andrew really stole the show, I hope he gets some more Spider-Manning in the future. I noticed something interesting about his preference but I'll wait until morning to go into it. Holland, Dafoe, and Molina also did well. Tobey got the best joke, with Andrew saying how Electro got his powers by falling on a pile of eels and him saying "that'll do it". I don't even know why I thought it was so funny but it was. Also wasn't expecting Osborne to say the line, but I appreciated it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I be better give my thoughts on No Way Home. It was really good. I haven't watched the Raimi/Webb movies, but I was able to keep up with things (and years of being on the Internet helped). It's also the first time I wad in a relatively full theater in a long time - it really added to the experience.
You should probably spoiler that last part

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, haven't been here in a hot minute! Haven't been up to too much, I've just been playing more Animal Crossing and Security Breach, haha. I also watched No Way Home! And it is freaking AMAZING.

Now, about Security Breach! Security Breach is fun, albeit flawed and pretty glitchy. (Luckily Steel Wool Studios is working on patches right now.) Plenty of FNAF fans were disappointed by the gameplay and some of the visuals, but like... I don't think FNAF fans ever played FNAF games because they had spectacular gameplay and visuals, haha. I know I haven't. I guess expectations were high because the game kept getting delayed so much. Though I will say, delays usually mean the product is having a bit of a troubled development, not that the studio is really takin' their time.

But being the voice over nerd I am, I will say, this game has some SPECTACULAR voice over, and I really love the script. Plus, we got a protagonist with an actual personality and it's amazing. The music and animations are also a highlight of this game.
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Noipoi Noipoi
The marketing of the game alongside the delays is kinda why I feel so many peoples are dissapointed by the gameplay & the visual. (especially since the game cost like a **** ton of memories on PC atleast) The glitches are apparantly also really bad on PS4, tho I haven't dug much further. Steel Wool Studios ain't no AAA game company tho ( there are indie with a small team after all), so I won't be too mean in that regard. (Heck, DR chapter 2 had alot of bad glitches on release that needed patch ASAP)

Also from what I see so far, the lore & story (ya know, the thing most peoples play FNAF for) is kinda of...lacking.

Like, again, it's still pretty early to make a final call for, but honestly, I got more eyebrow raised ala The Rock than genuine "oh, cool!", which is a problem for fans like me who stuck with this franchise for the lore & characters. Ignore that I haven't play a single game yet.

I'm still quite early onto my research research on this game ,so whatever you take from this, don't take it that you shouldn't enjoy the game, if anything, more power to you & other folks if you really like what's here! My opinion could change too later on in some respect, but after those 2 years of wait & delay of not feeling the game myself despite all the teasers & trailer, I can't help but feel a bit letdown.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP Lamperouge Lamperouge

Yo

I’ve been seeing a ton of people lately say that Amy’s like, really hated on by people.

…Is this actually a thing, or is it just the new “hot take” going around? Last I checked, just about everyone loved Amy in the Sonic fandom, lol.
It's an old thing. Some game journalists really hated Amy during the 2000s, mostly because they found her annoying. I know a lot of people called her appearance in All-Stars Racing "scrapping the bottom of the barrel". There are also people who were into shipping wars and/or never let go of the "crazy fangirl" perception of her.

But I'm pretty sure it's mostly a minority, she's consistently one of the most popular characters in the series.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So they decided to make a new FighterZ character...

pwoke.png

...it's just Android 21 again but not Majin.

psleep.png

And just like that they got me still not hopping back on the game. Real sleeper move imo, but I guess simps would argue otherwise.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Yo

I’ve been seeing a ton of people lately say that Amy’s like, really hated on by people.

…Is this actually a thing, or is it just the new “hot take” going around? Last I checked, just about everyone loved Amy in the Sonic fandom, lol.
Sonic Fans doing this again:
20211212_231734.jpg

Anyways, look at one of the best champions i the series
There was a problem fetching the tweet

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, I watched NWH and I think it finally made me love MCU Spidey.

I think the story was pretty harsh on Peter but it never felt forced or unnecessary, only a result of his decisions and it made him actually grow as a character in a way that previous movies just didn't imo.

The villains were mostly interesting, especially Dr. Octopus and Shocker. People in my theater actually clapped twice when the other Spider-Mans were revealed. Ned and MJ were both great, when I didn't care about them too much before.

Also, the after-credits scene was one of the most in-character jokes they could do with Venom and Eddie.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know how Twitter let’s you mute certain phrases so you don’t see tweets that contain them ever? Sometimes I wish every website had that. I’d definitely make liberal use of it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Megami race:

1639926577702.png

“I’m Megami Hathor. I’m the goddess of marriage but you're a little too young for that!”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Egyptian mythology. Hathor is the goddess of love, fertility, cattle, the sky, motherhood, good luck, and dance. She has many names including "Lady of the Temple of Birth" and "Mother of Gods and Men." She was described as a beautiful woman with a sun disc on her head, or with the head of a cow. She protects women and governs celebrations. She was the mother of Horus in earlier myths, later becoming his wife after healing his eye.

Skills: Light Block, Magarula, Patra, Mediarama

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fiend race.

I’m not too keen on how pale Hathor is but other than that, it’s a great design. Her ornaments resemble her various artistic depictions and there is a cow head on her belt because of course there is. Even though her kneeling look is not very suitable for battle, the cunning look in her eyes reminds me that her alter ego is not far away and she’s not a goddess you should mess with.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I never realized how quick the uncut version of Kai was to having their entire soundtrack change…barely at the end of the Frieza saga

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So they decided to make a new FighterZ character...

View attachment 340594

...it's just Android 21 again but not Majin.

View attachment 340595

And just like that they got me still not hopping back on the game. Real sleeper move imo, but I guess simps would argue otherwise.
I'm honestly surprised that they added another FighterZ character - SS4 Gogeta felt like the natural stopping point, given how utterly ridiculous he was.

I wonder who else they could add if they decide to reuse pre-existing models like this - SS4 Goku or Vegeta? Kale or Caulifla? Bulma?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm honestly surprised that they added another FighterZ character - SS4 Gogeta felt like the natural stopping point, given how utterly ridiculous he was.

I wonder who else they could add if they decide to reuse pre-existing models like this - SS4 Goku or Vegeta? Kale or Caulifla? Bulma?
Tbh, I'm betting on Pan and one of the gray dudes of Super-Hero to promote Super-Hero.

Edit: I know they aren't pre-existing models but I wouldn't be surprised

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Solo Android 18 with the tracksuit pls

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Yo

Pretty sure Amy was hated because her personality just boil down to "I love Sonic. Where is Sonic?" In the past. She is more tolerable now because that isn't her main personality anymore

Noipoi

Howdy!

Yo

I think it's cuz she was a bit annoying back in the day, which lead to people not really liking her. At some point (perhaps around the time people started talking about Sonic's "stupid friends") the hate got really overblown.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
What real travellers, the angry 15 year olds who think they can beat you up online and conquistadors want:

1639930840330.png

"Yo fight me IRL!"

"OK" Walks from United States to Australia:

dabiai.jpg

I'm just waiting on final episode of Mushoku to air..............

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Tbh, I'm betting on Pan and one of the gray dudes of Super-Hero to promote Super-Hero.

Edit: I know they aren't pre-existing models but I wouldn't be surprised
If the Great Saiyaman doesn't appear in that movie, I'll be annoyed.

(Also, make the Great Saiyaman a playable character in FighterZ!)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Huh, was hearing from my brother that the FFVII Remake PC port has some frame stutter issues. That's okay, there are ways to play around that, and the base game is perfectly playable, so lemme just look up some unbiased, well thought out videos on the game real quick and-

ff7.png

Gamer YouTuber moment

(Shoutouts to Maximillian Dood, though, his video is actually helpful and professional looking, lol)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Huh, was hearing from my brother that the FFVII Remake PC port has some frame stutter issues. That's okay, there are ways to play around that, and the base game is perfectly playable, so lemme just look up some unbiased, well thought out videos on the game real quick and-

Gamer YouTuber moment

(Shoutouts to Maximillian Dood, though, his video is actually helpful and professional looking, lol)
SquArE Enix...
SquAre Enix l... no that doesn't work
SquarE Enix... huh...

SquEArEA EAnix LIED

MooMew64

SquArE Enix...
SquAre Enix l... no that doesn't work
SquarE Enix... huh...

SquEArEA EAnix LIED
I was kinda dunkin' on SE a bit too when I talked to my brother about it, 'cause SE and questionable PC ports is an ongoing thing and I'm a little sick that this keeps happening, but after watching Max's video on it...

This is getting overblown, lol. The game has some minor performance issues, and with a game as big as this, they're gonna patch it. Playing the game on non-4K resolutions and focusing on your frames will improve it too, I imagine. They're gonna be ways to play around it.

Guaranteed some of this is being fueled from the anti-epic Epic Games crowd too, though. As if Steam and Valve are some kind of saints...

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I was kinda dunkin' on SE a bit too when I talked to my brother about it, 'cause SE and questionable PC ports is an ongoing thing and I'm a little sick that this keeps happening, but after watching Max's video on it...

This is getting overblown, lol. The game has some minor performance issues, and with a game as big as this, they're gonna patch it. Playing the game on non-4K resolutions and focusing on your frames will improve it too, I imagine. They're gonna be ways to play around it.

Guaranteed some of this is being fueled from the anti-epic Epic Games crowd too, though. As if Steam and Valve are some kind of saints...
It's most definitely against Epic Games, but PC gamers love sucking off Valve for whatever reason as if they don't do the same damn thing Epic does. And because calling hardworking devs lazy because of small issues that can easily be optimized brings in moolah.

Aka, PC gamers are losers and need to get a real job.

MooMew64

It's most definitely against Epic Games, but PC gamers love sucking off Valve for whatever reason as if they don't do the same damn thing Epic does. And because calling hardworking devs lazy because of small issues that can easily be optimized brings in moolah.

Aka, PC gamers are losers and need to get a real job.
TBH I get being upset that the game costs $70, but man people are out here mad at Epic for that when this is a publisher thing: SE chooses that price, not Epic, lol.

Plus, it's how much it costs over on PS5 and people are singing that versions praises, so :drshrug:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TBH I get being upset that the game costs $70, but man people are out here mad at Epic for that when this is a publisher thing: SE chooses that price, not Epic, lol.

Plus, it's how much it costs over on PS5 and people are singing that versions praises, so :drshrug:
100% there wouldn't be an outrage if it were on Steam.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I finished Mushoku Tensei. Feeling a bit sad now since that final episode was pretty amazing and have an idea for next pfp.

All in all it impressed me enough now to kick it into the bottom of category 2 of my ratings. So it's sitting along with Fire Force, Wonder Egg Priority and Death Note right there but as the second highest isekai behind Re:Zero.

Gonna finish Millionaire Detective then back to Beyond the Boundary. (also Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo show did get a bit dark there from episode 5 but still great, thought it was more a comedy).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I looked up the story for Final fantasy 7 integrade online
Im Still not sure why this isn't on PS4, it doesn't seem any different in presentation to base game.

I like How it gives Yuhffie legitimate motivation to eventually join Clouds harem, while in the original story she's just. There.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I still dislike Epic for their practices and lack of a cart (last I checked) and just how shoddy their app is

until they address all their complaints I’m not touching them with a 100 foot pole

still sticking to Steam and the occasional GOG (and by occasional I mean like once every three years probably)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom