• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
Now that I've finally seen Spider-Man, I can actually read half the posts on this thread XD

I really liked it. Glad MCU Peter finally got an Uncle Ben moment in Aunt May's death, and I think they handled the fanservice pretty well for the most part (although hearing Norman literally say "You see, I'm something of a scientist myself" kind of took me out of the movie a bit). Tobey and Andrew's Spider-Men were handled well too and it was nice to see the three interact during the third act. What I really liked though is that this movie allowed MCU Peter to develop on his own and separate him from Iron Man a bit.

As for post-credits, I actually laughed when I saw how the symbiote was introduced into the MCU. Eddie Brock literally shows up in Mexico for like a day, drinks a lot, and then vanishes leaving the symbiote behind. Also, the Dr. Strange trailer was great and I was very happy to see Shuma Gorath show up.
[/spoilers]

Noipoi

Howdy!
I promised myself I would not continue to get involved with these discussions. But I can not allow this statement to go unchallenged. So… I challenge it.

You really really could have let this statement go “unchallenged” but I guess you have no self control, so Y’know.

Also

You haven’t seen it

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You really really could have let this statement go “unchallenged” but I guess you have no self control, so Y’know.

Also

You haven’t seen it
You hit the nail on the head. I talk about it with my therapist.

Also like…. you’re right. I haven’t seen it. I always read ahead what happens in movies so I can control my imagination and shut down the theory crafting part of my brain while I watch. And in this case, I saw that something happens in the movie that I know has the potential to cause me to have a depressive episode if I see the movie. How can I not want to challenge a movie that exists in that form in my cognition being called “the greatest of all time” even if I haven’t seen it yet. The fact that I haven’t seen it is why I want to assert that it’s not the best, if that makes sense.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge osby osby TheMightyP TheMightyP CannonStreak CannonStreak

ya boi owns Sonic Colors Ultimate now.

Expect screenshots of me using ReShade and mods to make it look pretty throughout the week. :nifty:

I also bought Final Fantasy VII Remake with my gift card I won at work and an Epic Games Holiday coupon, so I only paid about $14 or so for it. :dkmelee:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You hit the nail on the head. I talk about it with my therapist.

Also like…. you’re right. I haven’t seen it. I always read ahead what happens in movies so I can control my imagination and shut down the theory crafting part of my brain while I watch. And in this case, I saw that something happens in the movie that I know has the potential to cause me to have a depressive episode if I see the movie. How can I not want to challenge a movie that exists in that form in my cognition being called “the greatest of all time” even if I haven’t seen it yet. The fact that I haven’t seen it is why I want to assert that it’s not the best, if that makes sense.
If you haven’t seen something you can’t judge if it’s the best or not, cuz you haven’t seen it. Synopsis be damned, movies come together a whole different way when you see the finished product.

Challenge it’s status as one of the raddest superhero movies once you’ve seen it. If you don’t wanna see it, you don’t get to challenge it.

Just cuz your mental state is so flimsy you can’t handle a Spider-Man movie, doesn’t mean it isn’t rad. Capiche?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge osby osby TheMightyP TheMightyP CannonStreak CannonStreak

ya boi owns Sonic Colors Ultimate now.

Expect screenshots of me using ReShade and mods to make it look pretty throughout the week. :nifty:

I also bought Final Fantasy VII Remake with my gift card I won at work and an Epic Games Holiday coupon, so I only paid about $14 or so for it. :dkmelee:
Reach for the stars.

And the power button, if it crashes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Been trying to shiny hunt Kyurem in Pokemon Sword for days, then today I decided to mooch off a random raid group while out for Community Day in Go and this happened.

Shiny hunt complete I guess?

Is my life a joke to you, RNJesus?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If you really want a Sinister Six, there are a few ways of viewing it.
1: J. Jonah. Jameson. He's not portrayed in a good way at all in this movie, unlike in the Raimi films (as i understand it). He hurts Spider-Man more than any of the other villains save Goblin. I'd consider him a villain, and if you really want a Sinister Six he's there.

2: MCU Spider-Man. This is a bit of a stretch, but if you zoom out it kinda fits. He works with the five villains in the beginning, and just as he removes the alter egos of the other villains, he makes everyone forget himself. I was really expecting JJJ to call the five villains + Spider-Man the Sinister Six after the Aunt May scene.

3: the tree

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm sorry.

jk, it's still fun even if the visuals are less appealing and it's jank as all hell
I have been forged in the fires of Sonic jank. Nothing can phase me anymore.

Reach for the stars.

And the power button, if it crashes.
Can't crash anymore than the SA2 PC port. :4wario2:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I was playing Timesplitters 2 on Hard again and somehow, the Wild West level took me more attempts than the Atomsmasher level (which is said to be one of the hardest levels in the game), and the Aztec Temple level (which has my favorite character from the series (Captain Ash for those curious)).

Either Wild West is a lot harder than I remember or I accidentally put the difficulty down before the levels after Wild West.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just started wondering How Ff7 remakes Part 2 Is going to be handled.

Like where the second game Is going to end on, the way I'm thinking of vaguely reminds me of How the shenmue games are structured, the First game covered one city then the second and third games covered múltiple cities, with the main Gang helping folks out when they can

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Uuuuugh I would watch NWH if mom was ok with going to theaters while the both of us are fully boosted

…she isn’t 😫

TBF cases are spiking so I guess the fear is understandable…

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I really wish Spider-Man stuff in the MCU wasn't in Sony jail and could freely show up in other MCU properties.

MJ and Ned are going to MIT. Riri Willams (Ironheart) is getting her show soon, and she's also at MIT. If it was a character from any other subseries I would 100% expect a small appearance, but because they have to give Sony money I doubt it. Ned would also be cool to see in a Doctor-Strange aligned movie or show.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Livin' on the edge, figthing crime
Spinning webs, swinging from the highest ledge
He can leap above our heads

Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh
Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh ah

Villians on the rise, and the city's victimized
Looking up with no surprise, arriving in the speed of time

Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh
Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh ah

Spectacular, Spectacular, Spider-Man
(Spectaculaaar)

Crawling through the night, facing evil with his might
He's a hero in our eyes, see the headlights every time

Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh
Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh ah

Making villains fall, webbing rivals to a halt
Racing up and down the walls, bringing justice to us all

Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh
Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh ah

(Spectaculaaar)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now that I've finally seen Spider-Man, I can actually read half the posts on this thread XD

I really liked it. Glad MCU Peter finally got an Uncle Ben moment in Aunt May's death, and I think they handled the fanservice pretty well for the most part (although hearing Norman literally say "You see, I'm something of a scientist myself" kind of took me out of the movie a bit). Tobey and Andrew's Spider-Men were handled well too and it was nice to see the three interact during the third act. What I really liked though is that this movie allowed MCU Peter to develop on his own and separate him from Iron Man a bit.

As for post-credits, I actually laughed when I saw how the symbiote was introduced into the MCU. Eddie Brock literally shows up in Mexico for like a day, drinks a lot, and then vanishes leaving the symbiote behind. Also, the Dr. Strange trailer was great and I was very happy to see Shuma Gorath show up.
[/spoilers]
Actually according to merchandise, that’s not who you think it is, it’s:
that’s gargantuan not shurma. Similar but not quite the same. Although it wouldn’t be to far out there for shurma to be in this.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Jokes on you I'm a great multitasker. I'm able to shiny hunt and bingewatch Youtube videos at the same time.

I'm super productive. /s
When i was younger i used to Shiny hunt while at the Same Time spending Time with family at get togethers and such. Not exactly the best use of multitasking.
Tbh, I reied Shiny Hunting in SuMo.

I didn't have the patience to shiny hunt a ****ing Pichu, but then again I did it wrong.
Me showing MightyP a new joke

Jk bro I love these posts
Me showing Noi the fact that we are somehow damn near the exact same person despite living multiple states away (that means he's also unfunny)

We're not, we just happen share a lot of similarities. No Existenal-CrisisBoards today

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately, and after a long amount of mental torment and anguish, I have decided that the best course of action for me is to rebrand and dedicate my entire life to Garfield the cat. From now on I shall consume lasagna wherever possible, make coffee my main source of drink, and never, never, do anything of note on mondays.

I will be sharing my journey throughout Garfield with you all, I thank you for witnessing my rebirth.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder how long it took for Namek to blow up for Goku and Frieza with them fighting hella fast

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Since 7R came to PC, I hope this means it can finally come to other platforms too. If it came to Xbox Series X I’d buy it again just so I could have the intergrade dlc. And if it somehow also came to switch i’d buy it a third time so I could have it on the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom