• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo finished it.

All in all a good anime, nice twist in the final episode but was pretty short, outside of the two leads the other characters were pretty eh and two or so episodes was very lacking. Biggest issue was it felt like it didn't know what genre it wanted to be.

Still great OP, music, both leads killed it in performances and chemistry, nice twist at the end and the overall concept of the plot. Gonna place in my newly named Silver category where it fits snugly with Dr Stone, One Punch Man, Gate, Angel Beats and Ben-To.

Back to Beyond the Boundary.

Who would like a crossover fighting game featuring all of Square Enix's RPG franchises?
As long as it would be Dissidia Final Fantasy PSP battle system but with them all then yes. I would.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo finished it.

All in all a good anime, nice twist in the final episode but was pretty short, outside of the two leads the other characters were pretty eh and two or so episodes was very lacking. Biggest issue was it felt like it didn't know what genre it wanted to be.

Still great OP, music, both leads killed it in performances and chemistry, nice twist at the end and the overall concept of the plot. Gonna place in my newly named Silver category where it fits snugly with Dr Stone, One Punch Man, Gate, Angel Beats and Ben-To.

Back to Beyond the Boundary.

As long as it would be Dissidia Final Fantasy PSP battle system but with them all then yes. I would.
I haven't played that particular title so I would like elaboration

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. If I pick characters from Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, the Mana series, SaGa, the Chrono series, the Bravely series, Drakengard/Neir, Parasite Eve, and Deus Ex, am I good? Am I missing any big Squenix RPGs?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just watched the movie Wolfwalkers.

The animation was stunning, the story and settings were really interesting, and the music was beautiful. Also the villain was a Christian

So yeah it was pretty amazing

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I still dislike Epic for their practices and lack of a cart (last I checked) and just how shoddy their app is

until they address all their complaints I’m not touching them with a 100 foot pole

still sticking to Steam and the occasional GOG (and by occasional I mean like once every three years probably)
They recently added a shopping cart.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Next Kingdom Hearts game needs Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and more Final Fantasy characters from games that haven't been used in the series yet. 4, 5, and 6 especially. But also more characters from 9 besides Vivi. Maybe Lightning from 13 and the quartet from 15? Come on. Get with the fanservace!

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Next Kingdom Hearts game needs Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and more Final Fantasy characters from games that haven't been used in the series yet. 4, 5, and 6 especially. But also more characters from 9 besides Vivi. Maybe Lightning from 13 and the quartet from 15? Come on. Get with the fanservace!
We already have Noctis in KH3 though. The secret boss that people have a hard time with who's voiced by one of the Suite life twins.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can tell Warner Bros. was being cheap when it came to NES games being shown in the "8-Bit Christmas" movie
  • Only four games were played: Paper Boy, Rampage (both games Warner Bros. own) and two clearly made up games.
  • The other games you could see or were mentioned are also all WB property games.
  • The only game not Warner Bros. in it was Super Mario Bros. (just implied)

But still a fun movie.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched a couple of Marvel based documentaries that were available on Disney+ that include Marvel 75 years: Pulp to Pop, Behind the Mask and Marvel 616 which is rather interesting exploring about the history of their comics as well as how Japanese Spider-Man came around to obscure and forgotten superhero teams that include the "Brute Force."

Anyways, whilst there hasn't been much new announcements within fighting games other than King of Fighters XV and DNF Duel, I do hope 2022 will be the year where there will be more reveals in which I do highly expect Capcom's Street Fighter VI to be one of them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Watched a couple of Marvel based documentaries that were available on Disney+ that include Marvel 75 years: Pulp to Pop, Behind the Mask and Marvel 616 which is rather interesting exploring about the history of their comics as well as how Japanese Spider-Man came around to obscure and forgotten superhero teams that include the "Brute Force."

Anyways, whilst there hasn't been much new announcements within fighting games other than King of Fighters XV and DNF Duel, I do hope 2022 will be the year where there will be more reveals in which I do highly expect Capcom's Street Fighter VI to be one of them.
Fun fact about Japanese Spiderman which may not be mentioned there but it greatly inspired Super Sentai to add mechs to the series, but the original mech suit got stolen when they only managed to film 2 fights in the show.

Also, I've been reading the original Spidey run, don't know if I'll end up reading all 801 issues but it's pretty good, Liz Allan in particular impressed me, I like her character development. If anyone has any other good comic suggestions feel free to recommend them, only read Ultimate Spiderman before this so there's a lot I haven't seen

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also, I've been reading the original Spidey run, don't know if I'll end up reading all 801 issues but it's pretty good, Liz Allan in particular impressed me, I like her character development. If anyone has any other good comic suggestions feel free to recommend them, only read Ultimate Spiderman before this so there's a lot I haven't seen
don’t worry…81 (82 after Wednesday) additional comics for Amazing Spider-Man are there as well if that were to make you have some changes of opinion
and the 33 issue Superior Spider-Man comic series

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Fun fact about Japanese Spiderman which may not be mentioned there but it greatly inspired Super Sentai to add mechs to the series, but the original mech suit got stolen when they only managed to film 2 fights in the show.
And Spidermans Megazord is an icon in Japan, still getting merch over there to this very day.

And one of the few mecha from the 70's that has never appeared in an SRW game and probably never will because Disney.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I know I'm getting Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory for Christmas but I'm now trying the demo beforehand to see what I'm getting into.
At the end of the day it's just another entry in Square's Theatrthim series, which if you've played those and liked them you'll probably like this.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm not sure if I prefer it over Far From Home, but I did enjoy the enjoy the film. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first Spidey movie that kills off Aunt May; that took me for a loop. I was also happy to see some closure to Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire's Spider-Men. I find it funny that Mysterio is the only MCU Spider-Man villian to die yet he is the one to cause the most permanent damage. Now that Tom Holland's Spider-Man will be sticking around in the MCU for a bit longer, seeing a MCU version of Venom will be interesting. Finally WE ARE GETTING SHUMA GORATH (Marvel's Bill Cipher) IN DOCTOR STRANGE 2!!! YOOOOO!!!!!!
KillerCage KillerCage Could you send me a reference for the Padoru you wanted? I wanted to get it to you while it was still the season and I have time to do it, ha ha.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm honestly surprised that they added another FighterZ character - SS4 Gogeta felt like the natural stopping point, given how utterly ridiculous he was.

I wonder who else they could add if they decide to reuse pre-existing models like this - SS4 Goku or Vegeta? Kale or Caulifla? Bulma?
Majin Vegeta would be sick actually

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
TBH I get being upset that the game costs $70, but man people are out here mad at Epic for that when this is a publisher thing: SE chooses that price, not Epic, lol.

Plus, it's how much it costs over on PS5 and people are singing that versions praises, so :drshrug:
Here's my hot take: $70 at launch with price drops is preferable to Nintendo's forever $60 approach. And let's be honest with ourselves, Nintendo's going to do permanent $70 next gen.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm honestly surprised that they added another FighterZ character - SS4 Gogeta felt like the natural stopping point, given how utterly ridiculous he was.

I wonder who else they could add if they decide to reuse pre-existing models like this - SS4 Goku or Vegeta? Kale or Caulifla? Bulma?
Great Saiyaman is all I need.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The Ultraman DLC for SRW just downloaded, along with the message "Data ready for launch" This is the first time ive seen a Switch game give me this message.

Because I forgot. Which is why I asked. Thank you for reminding me. Did I forget anything else?
I think you got all the popular stuff out of the way because i cant think of anything

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Ultraman DLC for SRW just downloaded, along with the message "Data ready for launch" This is the first time ive seen a Switch game give me this message.

I think you got all the popular stuff out of the way because i cant think of anything
I also remembered Brave Fencer Musashi (an action RPG, so i say it counts) when you reminded me of TWEWY. But yeah. I think that's everything.
RPGs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom