• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Godzilla VS Kong is gonna be the coolest monster movie of the year!"

Hideaki Anno: "Hold my beer"

God this looks so ****ing good, I've heard nothing but praise for Shin Godzilla, so Anno being a huge ****ing Ultraman fanatic makes me so goddamn excited

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if Royal Rumble does not disappoint me then I'll marathon through AoT

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Noipoi Noipoi @JDCabrera

XD So I played the Steam version of the Balan Wonderworld demo...and the game is pretty and all, but I didn't even finish the first Chapter....because I started to feel quite strange, dizzy and with a migraine sometime after....so think I got motion sickness because of the game's camera. So right now I feel I shouldn't keep playing. I hadn't feel motion sickness since Twilight Princess' Lakebed, so QUITE some ages ago.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
"Godzilla VS Kong is gonna be the coolest monster movie of the year!"

Hideaki Anno: "Hold my beer"

God this looks so ****ing good, I've heard nothing but praise for Shin Godzilla, so Anno being a huge ****ing Ultraman fanatic makes me so goddamn excited
I was never really into Ultraman as I do not like the designs of the main Suits

But after watching SSSS. Gridman (I know it's not ultraman but it is till Tsuburaya productions) and the announcement of this movie, I might have to check at least one season out. My free time is nothing but Toku now.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noipoi Noipoi @JDCabrera

XD So I played the Steam version of the Balan Wonderworld demo...and the game is pretty and all, but I didn't even finish the first Chapter....because I started to feel quite strange, dizzy and with a migraine sometime after....so think I got motion sickness because of the game's camera. So right now I feel I shouldn't keep playing. I hadn't feel motion sickness since Twilight Princess' Lakebed, so QUITE some ages ago.
Don’t push yourself!

Can’t have you passing out, now.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Don’t push yourself!

Can’t have you passing out, now.
Thanks, Noi...xD Of course not...that is why I took a nap after a while to see if that would help anything and it did. It's a weird kind of dizzy, like, you feel you head quite heavy. xD Only that temple from TP and long trips with constant curved roads has made me feel that way. I mean, it's quite a shame because I did want to see more but....yeah, it's not worth passing out or feeling like crap. And I think this varies from person to person, and probably how closer you're to the screen.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just gonna slot in my final predictions for FP2
  • Monster Hunter
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Lloyd Irving
I also think the likelihood of post pass a la carte content is moderately high.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
EVERYBODY RUN ONCE GATEKEEPER-KUN DESTROYS CHROM POSSIBLY

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Without naming the game or the characters in it, describe your favorite game.
Bear with me I got a lot of games that are tied for first

1. decidedly pudgy Italian finds an island and on that island he finds a dinosaur then he beats the snot out of a turtle to get a date with his girl

2.one of the handsomest men you’ve ever seen is a total jerk face and tries to kill you on a train you find a annoying robot while listening to the heavy

3. God dang ****ty adults and stuff I can’t believe this stuff is For Real! Going through interdemensinal portals on your phone to rip the badness out of some people

4 young boy with a lobster on his shirt gets woken up by his sister and finds a boat

5 the fluffed up Italian is back but this time he’s exploring a bunch of themed playgrounds while beating up the same turtle and some rabbits who are planning a wedding, all for a date with his girl

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So gonna post what I wanted to a few hours back before I go to bed (Plus really didn't want it buried) about how I would so far rank the seasonal anime I've watched. Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs and @Mushroomguy12 for this.

And all you other anime nerds as well you should at least check it. I spent an hour trying to write it out.

Thought I'd rank the seasonals I'm watching so far 3/4 episodes in so course will most likely change:

1. Dr Stone: Stone Wars - They fixed the pacing issue I had with Season 1 (after about episode 7) in they started with a bang and has ran with it. With a chill OP that matches perfectly with the "first war of the new world" vibe going, the strange prehistoric rap soundtrack and of course it's very visually entertaining. This is on top of the fact that in general Dr Stone has one of the most original premises I've seen in anime with a pretty unclear mystery as to what could be at the source of the petrification.
And of course Senku (who is probably one of my favourite characters in anime) leading the charge in his love of science with a great supporting cast and villain backing the story up.

2. Wonder Egg Priority - I've said it before but if you like Madoka Magica or Persona I think you will find something great here. The story of a girl who fights monsters in a dream realm to help people pass on so she in turn can bring a friend back to life is hauntingly beautiful. Soundtrack is great as it matches both the humour of the day and the creep of the night. Colour palette is also wonderful (bright but somehow still unsettling) and in main character Ai Ohto I think I have found one of my favourite protagonists in a while with her design and personality.
Seriously watch it. That's all I'm saying.

3. Laid Back Camp Season 2 - The anticipation for this as you guys know was sky high for me. And boy every episode has delivered as much wholesomeness as freshly baked chocolate chip muffins (I'm bad with comparisons) with the Outdoors Camping Club (and leads Nadeshiko and Rin) being super likable as they have, not missing a beat from S1. The new locales are brilliant, the OP and ED are wonderful and the animation and artwork are just something. This is one of my favourite anime of all time at 3rd so who knows how many episodes it could become 2nd place.

Intermission

4. Re Zero Season 2 Part 2 - Unfortunately this is the anime they have to beat for 2nd. While Laid Back Camp is wholesome to hell, the world, lore and characters of Re;Zero is one of my all-time favourites and with part 1 breaking expectations almost every episode to me, seeing both Subaru and Emilia being pushed to their limits and the former having some ****ed up deaths this time around.
Still going by part 2 alone it is pushing the story further and seeing one of my favourite lead duos getting better and influencing each others personality. However I'm placing it at 4 because I know the story and what happens all the way up to Arc 7 (the latest chapter in the WN) so it loses a bit of shine.

5. The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2 - Gotta admit I loved Season 1 and the simple romance idea of a guy needing to tutor five rich girls could have went into full on harem with too much fanservice that would make me turn off. With a more vibrant artstyle this time, better OP and an interesting mystery at the bottom I was expecting the show to keep being as great. However the story is a bit more of a mess, Nino is still a bit of a ***** and not enough best character so far (Miku). Still good, just could cut some of the crap in there.

6. I'm a Spider, So What? - My first (second?) attempt at watching a Crunchyroll original and considering how divisive they are I thought I'd have a crack at them. This show is basically not great. It's watchable (and Aoi Yuki voicing the main character was a pull) but a few episodes in and I'm still waiting on her character to get out of this cave. Plus one of the supporting cast is far more interesting but has not much of screentime.. Also not a fan of 3D CGI and while it's smooth looks way, way too out of place. I'm probably going to drop this overall within the next episode.

Still to watch that I am interested in this season: Uma Musume Pretty Derby Season 2, Cells at Work Season 2, Non Non Biyori Nonstop and Heaven's Design Team. I haven't gotten around to them as haven't finished the previous seasons.

Hoping I start getting better at writeups like this in the future but consider most places are toxic hellholes I just might keep it here but for now, I think I'll head to bed.
Already watching Laid-Back Camp and I have plans to jump into Re:Zero at some point. I was originally going to start up the latter real soon but plans changed since my older brother agreed to watch Demon Slayer if I checked out Overlord (heard mixed things about it but eh, best to go in with an open mind).

Maybe I'll look into Dr. Stone as well.

D

Deleted member

Without naming the game or the characters in it, describe your favorite game.
Local kid and a random man with a bow wakes up and destroys the local forest before building a house and heading underground

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just discovered this old tweet and man I need to start crouching as Zard more.
If not for it being a small microspacing optimization, I need to do it for the memes.

Gotta love the Z-axis. The "Z" in this case stands for "Zard".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the latest Pokémon anime episode aired and Goh does catch suicune. On top of that it looks like it’s staying with him as he tried releasing it and it refused to go despite having no reason to stay.

So that’s pretty neat to see

D

Deleted member

How to win in archery
this is literally me when I used to do competitive archery

could fire my entire volley of 7-8 arrows in a minute but my aim was actual ****, in no large part because my bow was the wrong way around and I had to teach myself to be ambidextrous. twas not a fun time, but I still have the bow somewhere in my shed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So gonna post what I wanted to a few hours back before I go to bed (Plus really didn't want it buried) about how I would so far rank the seasonal anime I've watched. Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs and @Mushroomguy12 for this.

And all you other anime nerds as well you should at least check it. I spent an hour trying to write it out.

Thought I'd rank the seasonals I'm watching so far 3/4 episodes in so course will most likely change:

1. Dr Stone: Stone Wars - They fixed the pacing issue I had with Season 1 (after about episode 7) in they started with a bang and has ran with it. With a chill OP that matches perfectly with the "first war of the new world" vibe going, the strange prehistoric rap soundtrack and of course it's very visually entertaining. This is on top of the fact that in general Dr Stone has one of the most original premises I've seen in anime with a pretty unclear mystery as to what could be at the source of the petrification.
And of course Senku (who is probably one of my favourite characters in anime) leading the charge in his love of science with a great supporting cast and villain backing the story up.

2. Wonder Egg Priority - I've said it before but if you like Madoka Magica or Persona I think you will find something great here. The story of a girl who fights monsters in a dream realm to help people pass on so she in turn can bring a friend back to life is hauntingly beautiful. Soundtrack is great as it matches both the humour of the day and the creep of the night. Colour palette is also wonderful (bright but somehow still unsettling) and in main character Ai Ohto I think I have found one of my favourite protagonists in a while with her design and personality.
Seriously watch it. That's all I'm saying.

3. Laid Back Camp Season 2 - The anticipation for this as you guys know was sky high for me. And boy every episode has delivered as much wholesomeness as freshly baked chocolate chip muffins (I'm bad with comparisons) with the Outdoors Camping Club (and leads Nadeshiko and Rin) being super likable as they have, not missing a beat from S1. The new locales are brilliant, the OP and ED are wonderful and the animation and artwork are just something. This is one of my favourite anime of all time at 3rd so who knows how many episodes it could become 2nd place.

Intermission

4. Re Zero Season 2 Part 2 - Unfortunately this is the anime they have to beat for 2nd. While Laid Back Camp is wholesome to hell, the world, lore and characters of Re;Zero is one of my all-time favourites and with part 1 breaking expectations almost every episode to me, seeing both Subaru and Emilia being pushed to their limits and the former having some ****ed up deaths this time around.
Still going by part 2 alone it is pushing the story further and seeing one of my favourite lead duos getting better and influencing each others personality. However I'm placing it at 4 because I know the story and what happens all the way up to Arc 7 (the latest chapter in the WN) so it loses a bit of shine.

5. The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2 - Gotta admit I loved Season 1 and the simple romance idea of a guy needing to tutor five rich girls could have went into full on harem with too much fanservice that would make me turn off. With a more vibrant artstyle this time, better OP and an interesting mystery at the bottom I was expecting the show to keep being as great. However the story is a bit more of a mess, Nino is still a bit of a ***** and not enough best character so far (Miku). Still good, just could cut some of the crap in there.

6. I'm a Spider, So What? - My first (second?) attempt at watching a Crunchyroll original and considering how divisive they are I thought I'd have a crack at them. This show is basically not great. It's watchable (and Aoi Yuki voicing the main character was a pull) but a few episodes in and I'm still waiting on her character to get out of this cave. Plus one of the supporting cast is far more interesting but has not much of screentime.. Also not a fan of 3D CGI and while it's smooth looks way, way too out of place. I'm probably going to drop this overall within the next episode.

Still to watch that I am interested in this season: Uma Musume Pretty Derby Season 2, Cells at Work Season 2, Non Non Biyori Nonstop and Heaven's Design Team. I haven't gotten around to them as haven't finished the previous seasons.

Hoping I start getting better at writeups like this in the future but consider most places are toxic hellholes I just might keep it here but for now, I think I'll head to bed.
Laid Back Camp and Re:Zero are two shows I do wanna get into. With Dr. Stone, I'm thankful that season 2 seems to be an upgrade; I'm hoping to get around to it soon. However, I gotta get through more anime and also live-actions shows in general (Getting in more episodes of the One Piece Alabasta arc, and the 7th season of 24 in the live-action realm of things...)

D

Deleted member

(Getting in more episodes of the One Piece Alabasta arc, and the 7th season of 24 in the live-action realm of things...)
Alabasta is the first long arc and after it there are very few arcs that are shorter than it so get ready lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Bear with me I got a lot of games that are tied for first

1. decidedly pudgy Italian finds an island and on that island he finds a dinosaur then he beats the snot out of a turtle to get a date with his girl

2.one of the handsomest men you’ve ever seen is a total jerk face and tries to kill you on a train you find a annoying robot while listening to the heavy

3. God dang ****ty adults and stuff I can’t believe this stuff is For Real! Going through interdemensinal portals on your phone to rip the badness out of some people

4 young boy with a lobster on his shirt gets woken up by his sister and finds a boat

5 the fluffed up Italian is back but this time he’s exploring a bunch of themed playgrounds while beating up the same turtle and some rabbits who are planning a wedding, all for a date with his girl
Mario Odyssey, Wind Waker, and Mario World are three of them.

I'm gonna say Borderlands is one because annoying robot = Claptrap
Idk 3, but portal.

A group of misfits commit crime where the arm of the law can't touch them, until it does, but they escape.
Persona 5
Not yet, [REDACTED] It's not over yet!
Idk, DMC or Sonic or something.
People beat up other people, or beat up ghosts commanded by a biblical angel.
This one I genuinelly don't know.

Local kid and a random man with a bow wakes up and destroys the local forest before building a house and heading underground
Terraria

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom