• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Yeah, just to add to what I said a second ago:

Is Mike Pollock lefting too?

Shroob

Sup?
I ever tell y'all about the time I was hounded for ideas by some rando on Reddit who wanted to write a TV show?

Who wanted to mash Avatar and Yugioh together, and because I play Yugioh, they assumed that I of all people would be the perfect person for ideas?

And how they had no idea how copyright worked and refused to accept that "No, you cannot use Avatar and Yugioh for your television show without obtaining the rights?"

And then they randomly modded me for their subreddit which had 3 users in total, them, their alt account, and me?

Strange **** I tell ya h'wat.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey Noipoi Noipoi

As our resident Pokemon guy, what does this video mean?

It has a menacing aura to it, but it's also cute at the same time.

Most strange.
It’s actually a social commentary.

The Alcremie symbolizes humanities struggle to wrangle their primal urges to take with societies rules and laws.

The Wooloo symbolizes how women are treated in this society, and how we must act to destroy the patriarchy.

The Yamper and Morpeko symbolize our reliance on relationships, even when they’re toxic. And how society pressures us into jumping into relationships before we’re ready.

It’s all about society
9DB0F864-6AD9-4F44-BF06-BFDDEC9DDBAB.jpeg

KillerCage

Smash Master
How would you guys feel about Max Mittelman playing Sonic?
He fits Sonic quite well at least to me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I ever tell y'all about the time I was hounded for ideas by some rando on Reddit who wanted to write a TV show?

Who wanted to mash Avatar and Yugioh together, and because I play Yugioh, they assumed that I of all people would be the perfect person for ideas?

And how they had no idea how copyright worked and refused to accept that "No, you cannot use Avatar and Yugioh for your television show without obtaining the rights?"

And then they randomly modded me for their subreddit which had 3 users in total, them, their alt account, and me?

“I will capture you, Avatar...I will take you to my father and regain my honor!”

“Only if you can beat me in this children’s card game!”

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It’s actually a social commentary.

The Alcremie symbolizes humanities struggle to wrangle their primal urges to take with societies rules and laws.

The Wooloo symbolizes how women are treated in this society, and how we must act to destroy the patriarchy.

The Yamper and Morpeko symbolize our reliance on relationships, even when they’re toxic. And how society pressures us into jumping into relationships before we’re ready.

It’s all about society
View attachment 300910
Ah yes, my daily reminder to stop rolling sheep at women...:happysheep:

"No, bad sheep! No happy frolicking!"

:sadsheep:

Shroob

Sup?
“I will capture you, Avatar...I will take you to my father and regain my honor!”

“Only if you can beat me in this children’s card game!”
Like, it was the weirdest ****ing ****.

The dude just randomly private messaged me out the blue.

And then started linking random cards on the Wiki, asking me how strong I thought that they were physically and if they "Could do well in a fight".

As for the copyright stuff, the dude insisted that it didn't exist and "I don't need the rights because things like Smash do crossovers all the time."

BOI

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
As a FE fan, I'm just so tired of needing to "explain" why I thought Byleth was cool.

Like, I get it: Not everyone likes the choice. I don't like every choice. But like...Is there really a point in still debating it? I feel it should just be an agree to disagree thing at this point.

I dunno, seeing one of my favorite games make people so upset just gets me down sometimes. I wish we could talk about it without starting an argument almost every time.

I think both sides need to let it go.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So gonna post what I wanted to a few hours back before I go to bed (Plus really didn't want it buried) about how I would so far rank the seasonal anime I've watched. Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs and Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 for this.

And all you other anime nerds as well you should at least check it. I spent an hour trying to write it out.

Thought I'd rank the seasonals I'm watching so far 3/4 episodes in so course will most likely change:

1. Dr Stone: Stone Wars - They fixed the pacing issue I had with Season 1 (after about episode 7) in they started with a bang and has ran with it. With a chill OP that matches perfectly with the "first war of the new world" vibe going, the strange prehistoric rap soundtrack and of course it's very visually entertaining. This is on top of the fact that in general Dr Stone has one of the most original premises I've seen in anime with a pretty unclear mystery as to what could be at the source of the petrification.
And of course Senku (who is probably one of my favourite characters in anime) leading the charge in his love of science with a great supporting cast and villain backing the story up.

2. Wonder Egg Priority - I've said it before but if you like Madoka Magica or Persona I think you will find something great here. The story of a girl who fights monsters in a dream realm to help people pass on so she in turn can bring a friend back to life is hauntingly beautiful. Soundtrack is great as it matches both the humour of the day and the creep of the night. Colour palette is also wonderful (bright but somehow still unsettling) and in main character Ai Ohto I think I have found one of my favourite protagonists in a while with her design and personality.
Seriously watch it. That's all I'm saying.

3. Laid Back Camp Season 2 - The anticipation for this as you guys know was sky high for me. And boy every episode has delivered as much wholesomeness as freshly baked chocolate chip muffins (I'm bad with comparisons) with the Outdoors Camping Club (and leads Nadeshiko and Rin) being super likable as they have, not missing a beat from S1. The new locales are brilliant, the OP and ED are wonderful and the animation and artwork are just something. This is one of my favourite anime of all time at 3rd so who knows how many episodes it could become 2nd place.

Intermission

4. Re Zero Season 2 Part 2 - Unfortunately this is the anime they have to beat for 2nd. While Laid Back Camp is wholesome to hell, the world, lore and characters of Re;Zero is one of my all-time favourites and with part 1 breaking expectations almost every episode to me, seeing both Subaru and Emilia being pushed to their limits and the former having some ****ed up deaths this time around.
Still going by part 2 alone it is pushing the story further and seeing one of my favourite lead duos getting better and influencing each others personality. However I'm placing it at 4 because I know the story and what happens all the way up to Arc 7 (the latest chapter in the WN) so it loses a bit of shine.

5. The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2 - Gotta admit I loved Season 1 and the simple romance idea of a guy needing to tutor five rich girls could have went into full on harem with too much fanservice that would make me turn off. With a more vibrant artstyle this time, better OP and an interesting mystery at the bottom I was expecting the show to keep being as great. However the story is a bit more of a mess, Nino is still a bit of a ***** and not enough best character so far (Miku). Still good, just could cut some of the crap in there.

6. I'm a Spider, So What? - My first (second?) attempt at watching a Crunchyroll original and considering how divisive they are I thought I'd have a crack at them. This show is basically not great. It's watchable (and Aoi Yuki voicing the main character was a pull) but a few episodes in and I'm still waiting on her character to get out of this cave. Plus one of the supporting cast is far more interesting but has not much of screentime.. Also not a fan of 3D CGI and while it's smooth looks way, way too out of place. I'm probably going to drop this overall within the next episode.

Still to watch that I am interested in this season: Uma Musume Pretty Derby Season 2, Cells at Work Season 2, Non Non Biyori Nonstop and Heaven's Design Team. I haven't gotten around to them as haven't finished the previous seasons.

Hoping I start getting better at writeups like this in the future but consider most places are toxic hellholes I just might keep it here but for now, I think I'll head to bed.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Woah hey don’t get me wrong, I think Byleth is super lame and a massive anti-climax for an awesome dlc pack.

But y’know, it’s been a year. I don’t really care anymore.
Yeah, it's mainly people wanting a neverending stream of FE hater tears I'm disappointed in than Byleth. None of the FE reps added after Roy's return were about making people mad, and they never will be; hell Chrom's a fan request, that's literally the opposite of wanting hoes to be mad.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
4 seasons and 4 episodes of the final season and 2 series finales of TMNT 2012 down

last 16 episodes and 2 additional series finales of TMNT 2012 left to go

said it before and says it again...no show should ever have more than 1 finale throughout one singular run

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Without naming the game or the characters in it, describe your favorite game.
Android Guy fights former comrades who attempt to start what's basically a robot race war to wipe out the humans Terminator style.

Edit: Probably shouldn't have been my first post on the page, but its cool.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's one that's slightly harder than the last one.

Man enters martial arts tournament to avenge a family member.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, it's mainly people wanting a neverending stream of FE hater tears I'm disappointed in than Byleth. None of the FE reps added after Roy's return were about making people mad, and they never will be; hell Chrom's a fan request, that's literally the opposite of wanting hoes to be mad.
The "haters tears" mentality is a direct response to all the hate by FE fans. People are sick of a character they like getting hate so they're retaliating by playing the villain. You'll find almost everyone who defends Byleth's inclusion is a fan of Three Houses, and that almost no one actually wanted Byleth just for the sake of making people salty.

I was kind of similar back in Smash 4 was first released. I was a big Kid Icarus: Uprising fan and I got really sick of all the Dark Pit bashing that went on.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Fatal Fury

Is there not a better way to do it than "U MAD? U MAD? I HOPE THEY ADD 20 MORE MARTHS SO U BE MAD!"?
I mean yeah it's probably not the best or most mature way to respond. But I am sympathetic.

At the end of the game though we've all just got to remember that it's just a game that's not worth getting mad at. If someone tries to push your buttons for not liking Byleth just roll your eyes and move on.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
my opinion on how each FE fighter is in Smash
:ultmarth:: 5 (Smash)
:ultroy:: 4 (Smash)
:ultike:: 9 (Smash)
:ultlucina:: 1 (Smash)
:ultrobin::ultrobinf::8 (Smash)
:ultcorrin:: 10 (Smash)
:ultcorrinf:: 7 (Smash)
:ultchrom:: 3 (Smash)
:ultbyleth:: 6 (Smash)
:ultbylethf:: 2 (Smash)
:ultlucina: (****ING YES)
:ultrobin: (Male version is a man we should all be as smart as)
:ultchrom::ultmarth: ("basic" personalities...but idk I think they're pretty cool. Marth is an innocent man who does not deserve pain, only to give pain, and Chrom...he got ****ing socked by Sumia...made her his wife)
:ultbylethf: (more expressions, more emotions, Smash and Heroes gave her more of a personality voice wise as well. The better Byleth)
:ultrobinf: (she's more savage than her male counterpart...and a ****...)
:ultcorrinf: (LET'S DO THIS...that was great...)
:ultbyleth: (only put him here since he's more stern...but more importantly he gets to marry Shamir so **** that lucky player)
(ain't played their games):ultroy: got a better voice than:ultike: so that works
:ultcorrin:...what a *****

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Yeah you have told it before but it's still a wild story.
Like, it was the weirdest *ing *.

The dude just randomly private messaged me out the blue.

And then started linking random cards on the Wiki, asking me how strong I thought that they were physically and if they "Could do well in a fight".

As for the copyright stuff, the dude insisted that it didn't exist and "I don't need the rights because things like Smash do crossovers all the time."

BOI
And now it's even better. Good to know Nintendo can just use my most wanted third parties without worry of the copyright owner. Except copyright is a myth apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom