• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
me sitting here wanting to legally watch Sonic 2

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sonic Fans convinced themselves that a 6.5ish/10 on RT is a bad score, as if not only is it higher than the last film but it's also the highest Sonic related score we're gonna see in years.
Most critics and YouTubers can't even give Sonic content a higher rating than 3/10 without taking nausea medicine first, so this is a huge win.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Idk Youtube Critics been on point lately.

But then again I only listen to SomeCallMeJohnny who... is pretty much the messaih of Sonic reviewers.
I like most of Johnny's reviews, but his vitriol in the Advance 3 review sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

The physics are a little unruly but I never found them nearly as bad as he made them out to be. Not to mention that ONLY complaining about route 99 doesn't mean that the other 6 levels are bad. And objectively, Route 99 is probably the worst level of the 7 from a "bullcrap trap" perspective.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I like most of Johnny's reviews, but his vitriol in the Advance 3 review sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

The physics are a little unruly but I never found them nearly as bad as he made them out to be. Not to mention that ONLY complaining about route 99 doesn't mean that the other 6 levels are bad. And objectively, Route 99 is probably the worst level of the 7 from a "bullcrap trap" perspective.
I mean I kinda agree with him Advence 3 was not that good.

But who cares because Sonic was never good to begin with.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder what the cutoff year is for Disney to make a live action adaptation. I believe Lilo and Stitch are the youngest movies to be announced, is that it? Is it Meet the Robinsons? Princess and the Frog? Frozen? Is Encanto allowed? What about The Incredibles or Anistasia, would they do them? Would they put a live action Big Hero 6 in the MCU? These questions are more interesting than the live action movies themselves
Nope.

Nope.

Keep Lilo and Stitch away from live action.

Nope. That show holds one of the few places in my heart of love for western animation. Keep it away from live action.
Ready for cgi abomination Stitch.

And the cgi abomination Stitch Build-a-Bear.
Can't wait to see Stitch in live-action. Oh boy! Oh boy!

Last edited:

MooMew64

I barely have touched Kirby because I've been trying to get Sonic Generation's mod loader working on Steam Deck for 2 weeks now. :138:

BUT THANKS TO A KIND SOUL ON GITHUB, I HAVE ITS RUNTIMES DOWNLOADED IN THE PROTON PREFIX. I JUST NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO LAUNCH IT AND I WILL FINALLY HAVE VICTORY. :039::039::039::039::039:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Back from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 :ultsonic:

My word, it was fantastic and a massive improvement over the original in pretty much all points. Jim Carrey & KNUCKLES were my favorite characters in it. A really great time and I my dad (who isn't a gamer) enjoyed it too.

I also was given a comic and poster.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So I'm very glad to see that Kirby and Pokemon are out of their flop era, Sonic Movie 2 is looking good so Sonic the game is next to leave the flop era
View attachment 349683

If Frontiers is bad I will delete my account and my family and my own life
Did Kirby have a flop era? I know Star Allies wasn’t quite up to the hype, but the other recent mainline entires have been received decently well, I thought?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I participated in this last month. In the video's first minute, if you squint closely enough, you'll see a little spec named WarioBrose.

Though I'm still waiting for my participation prize for this...

MooMew64

Can't go see Sonic this week cause I'm still getting over my cold.

Might just wait for Paramount+. Because uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh I don't want to go to theaterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssss I like to watch stuff when I want, pause it to go to the bathroom when I want, and eat my own snacks and drink my own sodas that don't cost ridiculous amounts of money.

but funni hedhog go fast so idk man choices are hard :104:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
Did Kirby have a flop era? I know Star Allies wasn’t quite up to the hype, but the other recent mainline entires have been received decently well, I thought?
I think the 2000's could be considered a weak point of Kirby's history, from the gamecube to the late Wii. There weren't any main series home console games, and while the games were good they weren't as good as what would come later, or even Super Star.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wouldn't uncanny Stitch be true to source assuming he was an artificially man-made (or I guess in this case alien-made) monstrosity?
I think there would be ways to do creepy-cute Stitch right and ways to do it wrong, and it'd be a fine line to tread. I'm worried they'll lean too far into "creepy" and not enough into "cute".

On further thought a lot of the problem with the over abudance of CGI is that it's not always trying to be creepy, but since it'll never be a perfect reflection of real life attempts to make it too realistic just end up creepier then intended.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Long story short: gamers think big corporates buying other big corporates is a good thing if games on Switch better.
So I took a look and... they want Nintendo to buy out SEGA and are more worried that Sony is gonna ruin Smash with buyouts without seeing the bigger, worse picture. Yeah, these are Nintendo fans.

I know I say this all the time but man is it weird going from the social thread where majority is in their late teens to early 20s and going to the speculation threads where almost everyone is in their late 20s to 40s

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Spoilers for the newest episode of Pokemon Journeys has revealed a certain very popular character will be returning there:

Yep, Serena is back!

I think this will be the first Pokemon Journeys episode I will watch in a while just for Serena's return alone.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Spoilers for the newest episode of Pokemon Journeys has revealed a certain very popular character will be returning there:

Yep, Serena is back!

I think this will be the first Pokemon Journeys episode I will watch in a while just for Serena's return alone.
Amourshippers when they see Serena meet up with Ash again: (Linked because of swearing)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Idk Youtube Critics been on point lately.

But then again I only listen to SomeCallMeJohnny who... is pretty much the messaih of Sonic reviewers.
The only Youtube critics I tend to listen to are Dan Murrell, the Movie Couple and sometimes Jeremy Jahns.

The ones that I do not trust are Grace Randolph of Beyond the Trailer (she can be quite an oddball when it comes to reviews. She had been recently defending Morbius.), Scott Mendelson of Forbes (always a negative critic) and anyone associated with the "Fandom Menace" as they tend to be very unreliable.

But in the end, I do take cautiously take their opinion before watching the film and it is mostly important that you, yourself judge a film whether it is good or not.

Yep, Serena is back!

Great to see Serena making a return. But it is a shame that I felt Pokemon Journeys as a whole is such a missed opportunity for a number of reasons in contrast to the previous seasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom