• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I like the ideas Dual destinies had, i just dont like the execution, specifically that they went out of their way to ignore the fourth game existed.
I'm not a fan of Apollo Justice largely due to Apollo himself being uninteresting (though I understand why) and I didn't the majority of the new cast (a issue I didn't encounter in Dual Destinies.)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I will say that it is weird that people use Microsoft as an example as a pro-consumer company when Nintendo ****s up.

Yes, that Microsoft.
Also, whenever Sonic fans bring up how Sega is apparently fangames' savior for the 100,000,000 time after Nintendo sends out the ninjas.

Guess no one remembers what happened to the Mania team. :/

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm not a fan of Apollo Justice largely due to Apollo himself being uninteresting (though I understand why) and I didn't the majority of the new cast (a issue I didn't encounter in Dual Destinies.)
Thing is, it's supposed to be a sequel to Apollo justice, and as a sequel you'd expect them to add stuff to the main cast. they didnt.
Ema's just gone, Trucy was flanderized and Klavier was relegated to background character.

Hell, they remade Klaviers courtroom animations in 3D, but did nothing with them.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
EDIT: WHY DID IT QUOTE MIGHTY AGAIN AAAAA I WAS TRYING TO REPLY TO G Guynamednelson

The Switch's hardware can't natively use DLSS, and I imagine they flat-out can't because of hardware limitations. AMD's is open source and can run on it, so it saves time and money for Nintendo in the long run.

The Steam Deck is going to be using it, FWIW.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
With the 3DS and Wii U talk by the way making me fond of memories thought I'll show the decal I made that I ended up covering my 3DS with:

Fire Emblem 3DSOldish.jpg

Hmmm, it was 2017 I made this. Ages ago but I'm still proud of what I did. Lamperouge Lamperouge tagging you of course since you'd like this. It's messy but that was cause I did it for an IT art unit.

3DS game recommendations BTW:

- Noipoi Noipoi If you ever had interest, both Mystery Dungeons on 3DS are great, don't believe the hate about Gates, it has a fantastic story with excellent characters.

- Both OoT and Majora 3D are the best ways to play these games until the PC decomp communities get PC ports going, which will probably take a while. These ports will do amazing in the meantime. However, the N64 versions are still super valid as long as you don't mind losing out on some QoL and having worse graphics, so up to you.

- Samus Returns I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE GONNA LET IT DIE AND BECOME OBSCURE AGAIN, THE WHOLE POINT OF THE REMAKE WAS TO GIVE PEOPLE AN UPDATED WAY OF PLAYING AN OVERLOOKED METROID AND NOW WE'RE JUST GONNA BE RIGHT BACK WHERE WE WERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ahem, it's good, please play it

- Mario & Luigi Dream Team is, IMO, the best one in the series, don't let Mario RPG fans fool you. Has the best soundtrack, too.

- Both Kirby: Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe are fantastic Kirby games, easy recommends for anyone who's a fan of the series but missed out on them for whatever reason.

- Tomodatchi Life because Miis are based.

- NSMB 2 is actually a stellar 2D Mario, despite being a NSMB game. The coin gimmick is actually really fun,

- Super Mario 3D Land is AWESOME, despite being overshadowed by SM3DW nowadays. Highly recommend.

- WarioWare Gold is currently the best traditional WarioWare and showcases the best of the series through the remade Micro Games.

- Luigi's Mansion 3D is shockingly solid for a GCN to 3DS port.

- Mario Golf World Tour is super fun and offers an experience close to Toadstool Tour for those who missed in Star Rush.

I'll post more if I can think of 'em, but that's it for now.

TheMightyP TheMightyP Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Wademan94 Wademan94 Lamperouge Lamperouge @Ramen Tengoku IDK if y'all still have or ever had a 3DS, but I feel like y'all would enjoy these suggestions.
I'm good as I've had all these in form or another but for some games its not the end of the world physical wise.

Before I jump off I need to show my digital only recommendations:

Nintendo Pocket Football Club
1645049970645.png

Ahhhhhh! Football/Soccer Management! A very simple game of manging your team to the top by my god does it with simple and perfect charm. The pixel art is nothing short of amazing.
I'll get into that another time.

Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
1645050237522.png

If there was 3DS eShop era game I really wished got a sequel its this. A simple to learn yet hard master of precisely dodging attacks from far away to defeat opponents, this was a game that fit so perfectly in the slot and price it went for.

Attack of the Friday Monsters!!!
1645050290642.png

Oh my god this game.
One of the best games I've ever played on the 3DS was this perfect gem of a slice of life game. Never before and not until Laid Back Camp Virtual had I experienced a game so purely wholesome as its focus.
You are basically a 10 year old boy with a vibrant imagination who's moved to Tokyo in the 70s who loves nothing but Kaiju movies.
Here over the course of a four to five hour story, he grows to meet friends, meets a vibrant dandy and sees his wildest dreams play out (the Kaiju movies are filmed in his hometown so theres no danger).
1645051589596.png

The best way to describe is think Non Non Biyori but with a kid obsessed with Ultraman as its main character. Oh and Manami Kiyota (Xenoblade's composer) also performs the opening song to this while the composer of the game is the composer of Lifelight from Smash Bros.

My sales pitch is done.​

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Thing is, it's supposed to be a sequel to Apollo justice, and as a sequel you'd expect them to add stuff to the main cast. they didnt.
Ema's just gone, Trucy was flanderized and Klavier was relegated to background character.

Hell, they remade Klaviers courtroom animations in 3D, but did nothing with them.
I didn't like the direction AA 4 took Ema so I was kinda happy she wasn't in AA5.
Klavier was the least interesting prosecutor in the series (not was the worst, that dishonor goes to Nahyuta Sahdmadhi) so I mind him being in the background.
Trucy is one of the few characters I liked in AA4, but I didn't get the impression that she was flanderized in AA5 (I was more upset how she was treated in AA6.)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I didn't like the direction AA 4 took Ema so I was kinda happy she wasn't in AA5.
Klavier was the least interesting prosecutor in the series (not was the worst, that dishonor goes to Nahyuta Sahdmadhi) so I mind him being in the background.
Trucy is one of the few characters I liked in AA4, but I didn't get the impression that she was flanderized in AA5 (I was more upset how she was treated in AA6.)
In Ace attorney 4 she was an actual character, in 5 90% of her dialogue involved her bragging aout her panties, it gets concerning.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Something Nintendo is gonna learn the hard way.

(In fact, isn't it kind of ironic that Nintendo would ban pirates from the Eshop, seeing as that would mean they HAVE to keep pirating and can never support the developers?)
I'm just gonna copy what I said on Discord:

I'm seeing a very, very big fight as an inevitability because of Japanese companies being very backwards in terms of media distribution and preservation from anime to games as the clampdowns on piracy go into full gear.

It won't be this year or next (I'm betting this to be a time period where all these things like anime to game piracy is fully driven underground to get them to think they won) but I'm betting it will be done to someone who will be like "this is anti-consumer and I can't get/watch your product in my country without importing in a way so you don't get the money regardless" and takes them to court.

It won't be some diehard nerd, it'll be with someone with money and in a country that does support stuff like preservation and very high consumer protection laws like maybe the EU. I really see it as a matter of time.

The funny thing, there is a void in the industry that could be able to solve this and get all sides satisfied with it becoming dog eat dog and scalpers and **** or pirates. One that would create a lot of jobs.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Can't decide if the unused modern day bedroom is something for upcoming DLC or just a scrapped part of the game's intro.
It may have also been an unused testing room.

Honestly games having unused things leftover in the codes of games are pretty common and often don't mean much. I'm not going to put too much thought into it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The biggest problem with the last two Ace Attorneys is Apollo has 3 backstories they all contradict each other. They remove that and clear his story up and the rest of the games would be pretty streamlined.

Also I get why people hate the spy storyline, but it’s no different from de killer imo.
Tbf DD's backstory on him can add up as his backstory in AJ was about his parents while DD was about his childhood. SoJ's the one that went off the rails.

Also Dual Destinies is a top tier mainline game and I refuse to hear otherwise. SoJ kinda stinky but it does have lots of stuff I do like despite it easily being the worst AA game

Shroob

Sup?
All the FNAF lore, and the question remains: where is the mother of the Afton family?

She must have the worst luck in existence, give her free therapy.
Something something Ballora implies she's dead or something

idk I'm not Matthew Patrick, ask him.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Tbf DD's backstory on him can add up as his backstory in AJ was about his parents while DD was about his childhood. SoJ's the one that went off the rails.

Also Dual Destinies is a top tier mainline game and I refuse to hear otherwise. SoJ kinda stinky but it does have lots of stuff I do like despite it easily being the worst AA game

THANK YOU FOR BACKING ME UP!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In regards to Ace Attorney talk

I'm still ****ed up about Bobby.

I was really getting attached to him as the new Gumshoe and then BAM, he's been dead this whole time!
That was my reaction. I was like “he isn’t better than the original but hes Pretty fun.

Then I went “wait what the f….”

One of the craziest plot twists in an AA game.

I hope we get a promoted or retired Gumshoe living happily in Ace Attorney 7 though. It be nice to see him again. Also it be pretty great if Raymond Shields or Kay somehow got involved in the plot.

KillerCage

Smash Master
All I'm saying is that Athena and literally everything surrounding her is ****ing brilliant and Capcom should be ashamed of themselves for not doing more with her
Yeah, another reason I hated SoJ was its treatment of Athena.
She's only playable in Case 4, the worst case in the game (and arguably the series) and it's FILLER!!!

I am not spoiling anything if I say it's just filler, right?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom