• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just brought up Storyliving to my Disnerd sister and she immediately shouted "DID THEY NOT LEARN?"

In case you guys thought all Disney adults were crazy Disney zombies.

Still expect a lot of twitter fanboys/girls hyping this up and trying to defend it.
Actually, now that you mentioned it, if we get all the weirdo Disney adults out of here, then we may finally progress as a society.

I LOVE DISNEY. HAIL TO THE MOUSE.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Probably because they’ve made billions and amassed a even bigger mindless fanbase. Look at the people who wait hours in line to get a small popcorn holder recently just because it was modeled after figment. A character most people forget about. As scary as it is, so many people associate themselves with Disney for whatever reason just for some validation. Disney probably realizes this and will think they could pull it off this time.the branding has just become so much more than it was.
Exactly, fellow enlightened Pokemon fan. I'd never get in line just to buy a popcorn bucket of a niche character people are scapling.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go trample some people over some Pokemon cards. Gotta pay that rent.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Exactly, fellow enlightened Pokemon fan. I'd never get in line just to buy a popcorn bucket of a niche character people are scapling.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go trample some people over some Pokemon cards. Gotta pay that rent.
On that note, it's absurd in how many things the Paul brothers ruined by touching them.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Also for those who care but BBC are reporting on the eShop ending:

And this is probably the first time I've ever seen Xenoblade and Fire Emblem referenced on a major news site: "However, the ending of eShop sales still leaves a vast library of games unaccounted for, such as Fire Emblem: Awakening and Xenoblade Chronicles X." I'll break down a few things of what they said:

"Instead, gamers will have access to a smaller selection of titles through Nintendo Switch Online.
And as this is a subscription service, players will lose access to their favourite games if they do not renew.
"

Again, games as a service for Nintendo is pretty stupid of an idea. All would make a lot to compensate is being able to pay individually for NSO online. I remember a few like yourself Lamperouge Lamperouge that you would happily pay for Banjo-Kazooie on its own. I would as well for games like Sin and Punishment.

"While gamers can still buy physical copies of old video games, the limited supply means that these can cost a lot when purchased through secondary markets. For example, one of the games that is disappearing from sale - Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - currently costs just £6.29 on the Wii U eShop, but a physical copy of the game is a lot more, with one selling for £93 on eBay in January."

Which unless there is SIGNFICANT changes to distribution, manufacturing and restructuring to a personal level (which I expect to be about 25 years off) expect **** to get worse.
And scalpers will get horny to hear about this........selling second hand 3DS and Wii U's with GBA/Unavailable games in there.

"This has led some players to draw contrasts with Nintendo's tough stance on video game piracy."

Again, what is needed is a push of softening of the language to call piracy "shared archiving" but the crackdown honestly of all Japanese media as it seems to becoming is really gonna bite them back. Knowing our luck, it won't at all.

I see piracy as a necessity for competition and beating it to a pulp will not work unless you make it basically infringe on right to privacy and data protection..........then you get in trouble.

I'd also put in the classic piracy is a service problem...............but Shroob Shroob your meme ****ing slaps.

Sadly the Japanese dino companies don't care about you and if it was up to them everyone who ever pirated would be arrested and never see a form of entertainment ever again.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Makes a lengthy post about a topic.

Falls right into Pokemon and probably will get buried:

1645038905101.png

I mean you guys can keep talking (and I might be getting Legends anyways this week or next) but just making posts.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I know we're on a site dedicated to a Nintendo game but I can not possibly imagine being this dedicated to having your life revolve under a multibillion dollar corporation.

This **** is not healthy.

On this corporate side of things, this sounds dystoptian as ****. Can't wait for Defunctland to tackle this in 5 years
This and that Cryptoland thing from last month are just BEGGING to be Internet historian episodes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Next up on the Black History Month fan-art pieces, is Spawn. If I'm not mistaken, he still holds the highest record for largest number 1 issues sold by an independent comic book, which I think was about 2.1 Million, competing with X-Men #1 and Spider-Man #1(which was also MacFarlane) . Not only that, but he's also one of the longest running Non-Marvel and Non-DC comics of all time with more than 300 issues since 1992. Spawn's an Anti-Hero in most cases. But Al Simmons has earned his spot among the greats. Arguably the most influential indie comics to make it big outside of the TMNT. And spearheaded Image comics to also get big series like Walking Dead, Invincible, Saga and more. Without Spawn trailblazing, we might not have those series.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I went to Disneyland Orlando the first time in the US. I didn't like it (I prefer smaller amusement parks) but it was fun except for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride malfunctioning halfway and dealing with The Little Mermaid ride (sitting inbetween my brothers gave me a Cloud and Barret at Gold Saucer vibe).

Busch Gardens was a billion times better. Now that was fun and the whole manta ray park near Tampa.
I'd love to go back to Florida or the US if a few things change.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyway Disney Parks actually have a huge scalping problem. They have rules and limitations to try to keep people from scalping but people desperate for the money will find a way, either by cooperating to scalp or making several visits so they don't get caught.

That's a huge part of why they situation with that Figment popcorn bucket got so out of hand. Because Figment is such a niche and forgotten character there was a lot of perceived value in his popcorn bucket. People either wanted to scalp it, or get their hands on it before the stock all got scalped. It's not too different from what happened with several amiibo.

One thing that really angered me personally was that people were trying to scalp weighted plushes made to help people who deal with sensory overload (such as some people with Autism or ADHD). It ended up failing in the end and they have managed to keep those toys in stock, but it really angers me that people would stoop that low. Not even the time people have tried to scalp items targeted at disabled people before, since my sister tells me wheel chair accessories often get scalped as well.

There's something to be said about the flaws of capitalism that Disney profiting off of merchandise aimed at disabled people, but the fact that people are profiting over scalping those products is even grosser.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just read up on Disney Adults

Boy oh boy am I so glad that I've never been too big of a Disney fan growing up. I have a problem when it comes to hyperfixation and I don't even want to imagine myself growing into a Disney Adult

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

One thing that really angered me personally was that people were trying to scalp weighted plushes made to help people who deal with sensory overload (such as some people with Autism or ADHD). It ended up failing in the end and they have managed to keep those toys in stock, but it really angers me that people would stoop that low. Not even the time people have tried to scalp items targeted at disabled people before, since my sister tells me wheel chair accessories often get scalped as well.

There's something to be said about the flaws of capitalism that Disney profiting off of merchandise aimed at disabled people, but the fact that people are profiting over scalping those products is even grosser.
If I had a personal list of hell, scalpers would be very high on getting punished.

I think being chased through an endless forest with banshee screams constantly sounds about right for punishment.
Then out of nowhere every 3 hours a ghostly warrior comes out and scalps their scalp in immense pain and when its over..............they wake up somewhere else with memories of their pain forgotten only for the cycle to repeat and again for all of eternity.

1645042249815.png

And that's for those who scalp off people with autism and stuff. I despise people who do that as someone who needed to wear ear defenders in places like that as a teen.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pokémon Day is February 27.

But since that day is on a Sunday this year and Pokémon doesn't make announcements on weekends, will we get a Pokémon Presents before or after that day?

D

Deleted member

Finished my SwSh team for the online competition just in time. Like, I'm sure it won't win a lot of battles, if any at all and is pretty gimmicky, but I just want that Articuno.

Luckily you don't need to actually win, just participate in three battles.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Finished my SwSh team for the online competition just in time. Like, I'm sure it won't win a lot of battles, if any at all and is pretty gimmicky, but I just want that Articuno.

Luckily you don't need to actually win, just participate in three battles.
I'm running a mono-dragon team that either abuses Tailwind or Trick Room depending on my oponent's team composition. No one is going to see my Noivern and Dragapult in the team preview and expect Trick Room on my Dialga.

It's very stupid to go mono-Dragon in a Zacian dominated metagame and I haven't played competitive in years so I know I'll do awful. But my goals are to have fun and to get an Articuno so I don't care.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Guess I'll have to give the 3DS eshop another look through before it's too late.

Y'all have any game recommendations? My favorite genres are RPGs, platformers, and fighting games if that helps, although I'm willing to try something beyond those as well.

As for games I already own, I've got:
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby
  • Pokemon Sun
  • Bravely Default and Bravely Second
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Dragon Ball Fusions
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Generations
If you haven't played them yet, please buy Ace Attorney 5 & 6!

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Did a thing of my favorite Pokémon of each type and generation.

Didn't expect to have a favorite for each type in Gen 8, tbh. Guess the Pokémon go harder than the games themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom